News Khamzat Chimaev opens as the betting favorite against Kamaru Usman

Do you agree with these odds?

• Total voters
So now we complain when someone is fighting legit contenders

{<huh}

He's coming off a Gilbert Burns win. Who else is above Gilbert at WW that isn't already set to fight for a title?

Would you rather him getting a title shot from beating someone like Masvidal?

It would be great if he didn't jump the line. Is that really that crazy of a thing to ask?

I don’t agree with the odds. Khamzat should be a million to one favourite

unfortunately, this sport is filled with train hopping suckers

If you are talking about fandom, fine, but this thread is about betting. If you can't see the writing on the wall, go ahead and lose your money betting on the likes of Tony Ferguson like you would have on Chris Weidman and Rockhold. Right now signs point to Usman being in decline. The question is- how much.

I'm not saying Borz will win. I'm just saying your mentality is fine for fandom but stupid for betting.

Last edited:
I agree. I favor Khamzat by a big shot at this point. Way better striker. Usmans body is also shot.

Ever see burns vs khamzat

Yep, seen both fights.

Khamzat made Burns look like a million dollars.

Usman made Burns look like Boxcar Bob.

It would be great if he didn't jump the line. Is that really that crazy of a thing to ask?
You have some of the worst takes

If you embarass your opposition and make them look like amateurs you will and should be climbing the rankings fast.

He was presented a big challenge in Gilbert. One of the toughest guys to beat in the division. Someone who's good everywhere and he beat that challenge.

What do you want, for him to go back down the rankings? Makes no sense. Usman is the next logical step.

Quit crying ffs

Last edited:
Khamzat by KO/Tko is the money maker here. Usman is old and very hittable and won't be able to use his wrestling.

Makes sense Khamzat is younger and bigger.

You have some of the worst takes

If you embarass your opposition and make them look like amateurs you will and should be climbing the rankings fast.

He was presented a big challenge in Gilbert. One of the toughest guys to beat in the division. Someone who's good everywhere and he beat that challenge.

What do you want, for him to go back down the rankings? Makes no sense. Usman is the next logical step.

Quit crying ffs

You actually sound more emotional over this than me, lol. You can't have a difference in opinion without getting emotional.

See ya around.

<Fedor23>

I see two issues here.. one, Khamzat has not shown that he can actually make 170 reliably, most of the times he made WW it was on a shady Abu Dhabi card where they fudged the scales so he "made weight" and didn't have to kill himself in a sauna before the fight. If you can't make weight without cheating the scales in a country without an athletic commission, you can't be a legitimate title contender.

Second problem, he has not proven himself in anything close to a 5 round fight. He has had some impressive quick wins, and looks good in a one round fight against a lot of guys, but what happens when the other guy can stop his grappling and he has to go all 5 rounds? Burns is a former 155er and almost knocked him out after he blew his load in the first round. I could see him starting strong against Usman but then fading and getting beaten up the last few rounds.

Sure, that's your motivation bud.
Are you insinuating that he’s doing it because Usman is Nigerian?

I don’t know if that’s a bad thing but then again i rep Australian fighters pretty hard

I think at this point, that's a safe bet. Usman looked frail out there against Edwards the second time. Like for a split second he entered old man mode when he saw/felt those body kicks coming. His timing looked half a second off. He looked jilted when he got hit, like it was a new awakening. If this fight is ever made, I think Kahmzhat takes it. Usman is doing UFC and the fans a favor, by sacrificing himself for the new blood. Usman doesn't get a whole lot of respect now, but I think he will in due time.

What weight is this at ?
Yeah. Is this fight official and what weight is this at?
Or are we going to see again one AbuDhabi_weight fight, where you can fight at what ever weight you feel like, and use over 3 liters IVs to rehydrate and have a longer rehydration time because of the time zones?

Usman just turned 36 and lost on points to someone he was dominating the previous fight (before the KO, obviously). I’m thinking the decline is in effect, but the question is how steep is it? I’m keeping my money in my pocket in this one.

Usman looked shot to pieces and gun shy against Leon. His wrestling is his biggest strength and he won't be taking down Khamzat.

Anyone that says easy money for Usman is as cooked as Usman's knees

Back