News Khamzat Chimaev opens as the betting favorite against Kamaru Usman

Do you agree with these odds?

• Total voters
they wont make this fight. if they do khamzat will likely miss weight or be to depleted and perform bad. i just am not sold on the guy anymore he needs to be active thats what sold him on everyone from the get go and he died off with covid and looked bad vs burns

Yeah, I think a close line with Khamzat as a slight favorite makes sense. I think he’s just too big and strong for Usman.
Am a bit out of the loop....
I'd this fight official now? At what weight class?

May have missed some news been busy with other things past few days.

It depends on the weight. I don't think think Khamzat can make 170 properly. He is a bigger fellow now.

Don’t like either of them but I can’t stand khamzat, he arguably didn’t even beat burns I’d have to rewatch it but if he didn’t then his only ranked win is li jingliang, his resume is so shit compared to the hype all these fanboys give him, he got scared of paulo Costa in the gym mr hardman chimaev. Couldn’t even make weight against Nate diaz where if he beat him he would have been thrown a completely undeserved title shot, and if he fought Costa and won you know he would have been given a title shot also

Haha, you nailed it there, Usman's title wins are not even quality, they were just T-Wood who went on a 6 fight losing streak against 5 guys, 2 of them were to a YT'er, and in Boxing, and then, against Burns wh's just a gatekeeper and a washed LW, and against Colby who's overrated and only gets Title shots from beating old washed WW's (I wouldn't be surprised that even if he losses to Leon, the UFC would give him Wonderboy to beat him up and gets another 4th undeserved title shot), and Masvidal who's probably the most overrated fighter of all time and an old, washed, Weak Journeyman (Along with Tim Sylvia, Ronda Rousey, Johny Hendricks, Dominick Reyes, Cody Gardbrant, Darren Till...etc)
Lol at multiple time defending champ being a journeyman. Not sure you know what that word means

Lines are set to get half action on each side. Khamzat is hyped up amongst the casuals with Usman coming off two loses. So, not really surprised to see that line

Am a bit out of the loop....
I'd this fight official now? At what weight class?

May have missed some news been busy with other things past few days.
It’s not official to my knowledge. But I’ve been out of the loop too.

Wow, if this fight happens, Khamzat is really getting some favorable treatment. Doesn't have to fight anyone tough unless they're a name.

I mean... we already knew this though.
So now we complain when someone is fighting legit contenders

{<huh}

He's coming off a Gilbert Burns win. Who else is above Gilbert at WW that isn't already set to fight for a title?

Would you rather him getting a title shot from beating someone like Masvidal?

This is a real test for both fighters. Is usman too old and has lost couple of steps? Or can khamzat go full fight the way he fights against someone like usman?

Unless Chimaev is working on his striking I just don't see how he wins. Maybe if he gets him down and subs him but I would expect he needs to use a tremendous amount of energy to get Usman down to the ground

I'm honestly not surprised. Usman looked like a shadow of his former self in that last fight. I think he might be past it.

Prior to the knockout, I'd say it's a 50/50 fight. Usman was a world-beater.

After the knockout, in his last fight against Edwards, he looked pretty abysmal (especially for Usman's standards). It's like he deteriorated so much between the second Edwards fight and the third one. It's hard to tell if it was the fact he was KOed which changed him neurologically, if his age is starting to show, if he was just hesitant because he was KOed, or if it's a combination of all of these factors.

One thing is certain. After his last performance against Edwards, I definitely favor Khamzat over Usman. Quite decisively. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Dana and co. noticed Usman's deterioration, and offered him a huge backroom bonus for accepting a fight against Khamzat. That would allow the Russian to build even more fame off a name that was unstoppable just over a year ago.

It's similar to how McGregor fought a Cowboy that had gotten stopped by both Gaethje and Ferguson. He fed Cowboy, who was still a decent name, to McGregor, even though it was obvious to anyone who wasn't a casual that Cowboy was severely declining (so much that his loss to McGregor was actually in the middle of an incredible 7-loss streak, one of the worst in UFC history). Not that Cowboy was ever in Usman's league, obviously, but there's a trend of feeding decent names, when their obvious decline has barely begun, to star-level fighters.

Is this fight officially made?
Cause if not…who fucking cares about fantasy fight odds?

Back