Media Khamzat pretty much confirmed that the UFC made him miss weight at UFC 279

Khamzat missing weight benefits the UFC how

To prop up an aging mentally unstable Tony Ferguson?
Cause fans don't wanna see Nate Diaz lose?

I don't get this at all

I didn't understand what happened because according to Khamzat he was told to stop and rehydrate and that's why he was so high in weight.

Well, here is saying the doctor stopped him from losing the remaining weight. It doesn't sync up with what he's saying today. This is going to end up splitting between the UFC haters who think every move they make is a conspiracy and those who just take chimaev at his word. The most detail he's ever given is right here, in his broken, hard to understand English where he says the doctor stopped him, as if it wasn't stopped at 178lbs, it was lower, the doctor told him to drink water, then he says, "they make my weight up to the guy, it wasn't that more." Then Rogan says, "so the doctor told you to stop cutting the weight, but you believe you still could've made it." And chimaev says, "Yes."

Timestamped

I didn't understand what happened because according to Khamzat he was told to stop and rehydrate and that's why he was so high in weight.

Exactly, mid way through his weight cut (believe it was the night before), UFC brass stepped in and said "hey, long story short, the card isn't selling, so we're shaking things up. stop cutting weight, you aren't fighting Diaz anymore, you're gonna fight Holland, and we're gonna pay you a shit ton more money to be the scapegoat, deal?" And Khamzat said, ok I like lots of money, deal.

Exactly, mid way through his weight cut (believe it was the night before), UFC brass stepped in and said "hey, long story short, the card isn't selling, so we're shaking things up. stop cutting weight, you aren't fighting Diaz anymore, you're gonna fight Holland, and we're gonna pay you a shit ton more money to be the scapegoat, deal?" And Khamzat said, ok I like lots of money, deal.
Knew it. Thanks for the scoop!

Well, here is saying the doctor stopped him from losing the remaining weight. It doesn't sync up with what he's saying today. This is going to end up splitting between the UFC haters who think every move they make is a conspiracy and those who just take chimaev at his word. The most detail he's ever given is right here, in his broken, hard to understand English where he says the doctor stopped him, as if it wasn't stopped at 178lbs, it was lower, the doctor told him to drink water, then he says, "they make my weight up to the guy, it wasn't that more." Then Rogan says, "so the doctor told you to stop cutting the weight, but you believe you still could've made it." And chimaev says, "Yes."

Timestamped

I"m sure, that's the story he was told/paid to go along with/say..."doctors told me" etc.

Sounds like more excuses. He's almost as delusional as his fan base.

I"m sure, that's the story he was told/paid to go along with/say..."doctors told me" etc.

Or, considering there's zero evidence to the contrary, it's probably the truth. It wouldn't be the first time doctors have stopped someone from cutting, and it won't be the last.

There's no way the UFC didn't want him to kick the shit out of Diaz on his way out after he refused to re-sign with him.

Khamzat probably COULD have gotten to like 174 or so and still missed but missed by way less than he weighed in at. From my understanding the Dr told him to re-hydrate instead of staying at whatever he cut down too, which is probably what he is hinting at in his broken english. Basically saying I didn't actually miss by 10 pounds I would have missed by 3 pounds but the doctors and UFC told me to just re-hydrate and I'd fight Kevin Holland.

Of course it wouldn't surprise me

Remember the infamous canceled UFC 151?

Reports were coming out that Hendo was injured, some said he was in a knee brace. The UFC kept it hush hush and only announced it on fight week, They wanted to do a last minute switch up... and when Jones said no to Sonnen, Dana blamed the whole thing on Jones.

Or when Dana announced England's main-event to be Gus VS Little Nog.
Little Nog was like, just had back surgery or something, and also getting married during that card. Dana announced Manuwa as a 'replacement' for Little Nog... and justified Gus fighting Manuwa for a rematch opportunity against Jones because Little Nog pulled out.

Meanwhile Little Nog never even accepted the fight.

A lot of games from the red goof... the main lied to his own GrandMa about flying her out for treatment.
Don't believe his lies
My theory/memory of the 151 debacle is a little different.
Just my $0.02
(I wasn't there)

Hendo was supposed to face Jones for the belt he got injured.

His long time Team Quest team mate/training partner Chael Sonnen, who presumably knew Dan was injured and likely knew well ahead that he was likely to pull out, just so happens to be ready to go and volunteer to step in on "short notice" to save the day.

And despite rumors that Dan had been injured for weeks, the announcement that he was pulling out just happened to occur when they were so close to the fight that it would be next to impossible for the UFC to make other plans, unless someone just coincidentally happened to be ready to go, ready to make weight and willing to get in the cage with Prime Jon Jones.

If I didn't make that clear enough, I think it was Team Quest pulling a bait and switch, or at least given the circumstances that is the most logical conclusion.

Chael is a fucking warrior for taking a fight with Jon that he realistically had no chance of winning (which he has pretty much admitted), but it is a HUGE payday and Chael is a tough guy and he can handle an ass whooping.

Dana is a scumbag, and he is most definitely not the only scumbag in the UFC brass, but in the particular case, I don't think he is the main villain, or at least it didn't seem that way to me.

https://x.com/DeepWat50503285/status/1714646017407352998?s=20

Khamzat quote with broken english:

"everyone speak about my I didn't make weight ya know, once in my life, and there was some plans to do that, that way it's not my plans, but I can't say everything here and uh, yeah..."

I think this pretty much confirms what most people were/have speculated since that day before UFC 279 which was...pre-sale #'s were abysmal and Uncle Dana knew there needed to be a shake-up to draw more interest. They knew Tony-Jingliang and Khamzat-Diaz wouldn't generate nearly as much money as Tony-Diaz and Khamzat-Holland...they stepped in mid-cut and told Khamzat to stop cutting, they'll pay him a shit ton of money to go along with the narrative that he "missed" weight and boom, all is well.

GNhhZU.gif

Khamzat always said he wanted to try to make weight but it was the UFC docs stopping him because he was cramping up and shaking.

My theory/memory of the 151 debacle is a little different.
Just my $0.02
(I wasn't there)

Hendo was supposed to face Jones for the belt he got injured.

His long time Team Quest team mate/training partner Chael Sonnen, who presumably knew Dan was injured and likely knew well ahead that he was likely to pull out, just so happens to be ready to go and volunteer to step in on "short notice" to save the day.

And despite rumors that Dan had been injured for weeks, the announcement that he was pulling out just happened to occur when they were so close to the fight that it would be next to impossible for the UFC to make other plans, unless someone just coincidentally happened to be ready to go, ready to make weight and willing to get in the cage with Prime Jon Jones.

If I didn't make that clear enough, I think it was Team Quest pulling a bait and switch, or at least given the circumstances that is the most logical conclusion.

Chael is a fucking warrior for taking a fight with Jon that he realistically had no chance of winning (which he has pretty much admitted), but it is a HUGE payday and Chael is a tough guy and he can handle an ass whooping.

Dana is a scumbag, and he is most definitely not the only scumbag in the UFC brass, but in the particular case, I don't think he is the main villain, or at least it didn't seem that way to me.
I appreciate your take, but Sonnen wasn't the first choice. Dana also reached out to Shogun and Machida.

Dana would reach out to Shogun and Machida again, to fight Jones at UFC 152 in Canada, in one month's time.

Both of them turned it down, citing they needed more time to rematch someone like Jon Jones. This put the both of them in the dog house. Dana was frustrated. He would have to call another fighter from MW to fight Jones for the strap at 152, Vitor Belfort.

Chael was never a legitimate option, for Team Quest to make such a play. Dana has used the bait and switch numerous times. It just didn't work here since Dana didn't plan for Jones to say No. The whole event was scrapped, and Dana infamously threw Jones under the bus and tried to pin the cancelation of the entire event on him.

But, you could be right too though. Could be a bit of both. Perhaps Team Quest and Dana had some kind of verbal agreement.

Man, talking about 151 just makes me feel bad for not getting to see Jones VS Hendo

So why is he fighting at 185 then? Much more interesting fights for him at 170 imo

I appreciate your take, but Sonnen wasn't the first choice. Dana also reached out to Shogun and Machida.

Dana would reach out to Shogun and Machida again, to fight Jones at UFC 152 in Canada, in one month's time.

Both of them turned it down, citing they needed more time to rematch someone like Jon Jones. This put the both of them in the dog house. Dana was frustrated. He would have to call another fighter from MW to fight Jones for the strap at 152, Vitor Belfort.

Chael was never a legitimate option, for Team Quest to make such a play. Dana has used the bait and switch numerous times. It just didn't work here since Dana didn't plan for Jones to say No. The whole event was scrapped, and Dana infamously threw Jones under the bus and tried to pin the cancelation of the entire event on him.

But, you could be right too though. Could be a bit of both. Perhaps Team Quest and Dana had some kind of verbal agreement.

Man, talking about 151 just makes me feel bad for not getting to see Jones VS Hendo
I can't believe people actually wanted that fight

Khamzat missing weight benefits the UFC how

To prop up an aging mentally unstable Tony Ferguson?
Cause fans don't wanna see Nate Diaz lose?

I don't get this at all

Because only conspiracy nutbars would believe it. He's insinuating something and people are running with it.

Doctors told him to stop cutting weight.

He's now literally moved up to middleweight. The UFC didn't force him to miss weight, or to stay at middleweight. They were booking him a gimmie fight into title contention at welterweight.

"Khamzat is a superstar! Diaz is a superstar!"

Yet supposedly there was no interest in a fight between two popular fighters and instead Khamzat got a non-main-event squash match and Diaz got a shopworn Ferguson? And that supposedly is what made more financial sense?

Back