Media Khamzat pretty much confirmed that the UFC made him miss weight at UFC 279

I've never really believed that Khamzat was some massive WW. He weighed in at 170 ten days after making 185, you don't do that if the weight cut is as crazy as so many make it seem. I don't know if I believe that the UFC purposefully had him miss weight but I do believe his story that a doctor told him to stop cutting.

That doesn't make sense I'd rather have two good matchups for two popular fighters rather than a squash match between two popular fighters.
For us fans yeah. For some reason the UFC seems to like having a big main event filled with four underling fights.

If they the Nate fight was off why would they make him keep cutting weight? Seems obvious

https://x.com/DeepWat50503285/status/1714646017407352998?s=20

Khamzat quote with broken english:

"everyone speak about my I didn't make weight ya know, once in my life, and there was some plans to do that, that way it's not my plans, but I can't say everything here and uh, yeah..."

I think this pretty much confirms what most people were/have speculated since that day before UFC 279 which was...pre-sale #'s were abysmal and Uncle Dana knew there needed to be a shake-up to draw more interest. They knew Tony-Jingliang and Khamzat-Diaz wouldn't generate nearly as much money as Tony-Diaz and Khamzat-Holland...they stepped in mid-cut and told Khamzat to stop cutting, they'll pay him a shit ton of money to go along with the narrative that he "missed" weight and boom, all is well.

GNhhZU.gif

This is one the dumbest conspiracies I've heard recently, how does this post have so many likes?

The UFC wanted Nate to end his contract on a loss and to use him to build up their new welterweight title contender. If they wanted Nate v Ferguson they would have scheduled it. They were forced into it by Khamzat missing weight and Nate turning down a catchweight.

It would be funny if the fat guy who always gets the first question turns heel on Dana and opens up spitting hot fire. If he ever gets thin or in shape,expect it to happen.
That guy would never put his press-only Abu Dhabi Halal Platter in jeopardy like that.

Prior to this weight miss, Khamzat has had two other catch weight fights at 180lbs and 176lbs I can believe it was a legit weight miss.

https://x.com/DeepWat50503285/status/1714646017407352998?s=20

Khamzat quote with broken english:

"everyone speak about my I didn't make weight ya know, once in my life, and there was some plans to do that, that way it's not my plans, but I can't say everything here and uh, yeah..."

I think this pretty much confirms what most people were/have speculated since that day before UFC 279 which was...pre-sale #'s were abysmal and Uncle Dana knew there needed to be a shake-up to draw more interest. They knew Tony-Jingliang and Khamzat-Diaz wouldn't generate nearly as much money as Tony-Diaz and Khamzat-Holland...they stepped in mid-cut and told Khamzat to stop cutting, they'll pay him a shit ton of money to go along with the narrative that he "missed" weight and boom, all is well.

GNhhZU.gif

It doesn't surprise me.

well, that was a waste of everyone’s time

Back