Khamzat Will Most Likely Lose ...

Usman was winning the first Leon fight and competitive in the 2nd. People are really hating him on him for that KO loss but he's still the #1 ranked WW fighter. This is a huge test for Khamzat. The only real question is the size of Usman and his cardio being out so far.

One thing is he's not going to forget how to wrestle. If Khamzat wins this, he's deserving of a title shot and will likely be champion one day.

Damn, you're all over the place in that co main lol.
I kinda hear you though, that one is a weird one.

Im hoping Islam holds off Alex, I don't care how he does it tbh.

I think Khamzat having a full camp will make a difference, and the wrestling might cancel each other out.
If that happens that will be Usmans best chance, but if Khamzat wins the wrestling battle it could get ugly for Usman.

So in short, I'd like Islam and Khamzat sir.

Very all over the place lol. Theres just so many unknowns with both of those guys right now, so no outcome would really surprise me.

Pretty much, if Chimaev doesn’t get a first round finish he’s losing the fight.

Very all over the place lol. Theres just so many unknowns with both of those guys right now, so no outcome would really surprise me.

At least you're smart enough to know anything can happen sir.
Really just a sign of an open mind.

Usman was winning the first Leon fight and competitive in the 2nd. People are really hating him on him for that KO loss but he's still the #1 ranked WW fighter. This is a huge test for Khamzat. The only real question is the size of Usman and his cardio being out so far.

One thing is he's not going to forget how to wrestle. If Khamzat wins this, he's deserving of a title shot and will likely be champion one day.

Usman and Leon fought 3 times.

Yeah, no. When Usman was on top of the WW division, I would have said and did that Kham loses at WW but this is a washed, short notice Usman at MW against a full camp MW Kham. Khamzat is winning this fight and will continue to have question marks around him.

Maybe their wrestling cancels out and Usman out boxes him because he's probably better technically. But I think even that scenario Khamzat will sway the judges with his power shots. Khamzat really didn't train for Usman who is totally different than Costa, so it might be interesting .

usman a better boxer technically? what?

Khamzat Will Most Likely Lose...Fans.

A thread based 100% on mmath.

Why don’t you just shut down your account. If you can’t make a real thread. STOP making threads.

TS has a point. We have zero evidence that Khamzat can pace himself. He goes for the kill in every fight. If he can't finish Usman it will be a serious test of his endurance.

I hate seeing decorated, former champions being fed to potentially future ones, on paper, Khamzat should win, that said, I'm hoping Usman does, just to piss off Dana. Osman needs to just pace himself, don't try and make a statement and rely on all that octagon experience if he wants any chance of winning.
They did it with Usman in RDA. Now he's paying it back

This is a make-or-break fight for both fighters.
  • Khamzat = a 1.5-round fighter.
  • Kamaru = a 5-round fighter.
  • Khamzat struggled with Gilbert Burns, for 3 straight rounds, it was an ordeal.
  • Kamaru struggled with Gilbert Burns, for 30 seconds, after which he pieced him up, and kicked his ass, finishing him.
Conclusion:
Khamzat Chimaev has about 1.5 rounds of "chance" against Usman, after which Usman's quality, experience, and longevity will break Chimaev into pieces.

Barring an early, quick, KO, I have Usman breaking Khamzat, who may soil the UFC floor by the pressure, especially if this is a 5-rounder.
The reason he has not gone the distance is that he has finished all of his fights within 1,5 rounds except for one. It is borderline retarded to say that he has a 1,5 round chance against Usman because Usman has gone the distance more times.

I agree with the age and size difficulties Usman faces, however, the pressure is squarely on Khamzat. Kamaru has nothing to lose. Short notice, up in weight, smaller than Khamzat, and likely out of his prime. If Usman can hang around and still has the dog inside he can get this done regardless of all the difficulties. I hope he does.

Back