Social Kid Got Attacked At Recess

I have a daughter too, just tell her to punch him in the face or kick him in the balls next time, lol no need for bjj to put the kid in a flying gogoplata. Never turn the other cheek or tell the teachers cause they will do jack. It sucks but learning how to deal with assholes from a young age will help her.
OFC this is because it's a minor case that kids can take care of themselves.
I told her to defend herself next time. "No because then I will get in trouble." Need to nip this in the bud.

Teaching your kid self defense could back fire. If you live in a diverse area, if you fight back, diversity will jump in and beat the shit out of you and could result in severe physical disability or even death. The best solution is to look up what gangs in the area are hiring and have your kid join the biggest one.

Its seems you have some reading comprehension problems. Of course you are going to stop it, the post was talking about advice for the parent not the supervisor. I thought that seemed very obvious. It is the aftermath that we are talking about and realizing that a supervisor is not always going to be able to stop things.

Not only is your reading comprehension a serious issue but you can't even keep your statements straight:

We are talking about a first grader getting pushed to the ground?

This is what kids do. This is how they learn. There is no such thing as a "zero bullying" policy, not an effective one anyway.
Kids should be allowed to work this out at this age.

Not only did you equate getting bullied and choked with "getting pushed to the ground" but you have no idea how to properly deal with these situations.

maybe I just can't read.

That is highly likely and bordering on fact at this point.

Agree to disagree with this one. I would say that teaching a kid that nobody is going to bully you is more idiotic.

No shit Sherlock. No one said otherwise.

Again your reading comprehension and your assumptions are sending you way off course. This child didn't choke anybody.

<36>

So you're calling TS a liar? Tremendous.

The advice I would give to the bully's parents would be very different, they are different situations. You see, unacceptable things happen everyday.
No school or policy is going to magically stop this. As intelligent as you think you are, you can't understand this?

Again, no one said otherwise. You're creating stories to sound like you have some semblance of intelligence after looking like an idiot.

Not sure how I am making myself seem tough. I am using a thread about a six year old being bullied and choked to try and offer some realistic advice to a parent dealing with this. I then had someone go off on a weird rebuttal because they make too many assumptions with very little information and because they cannot understand viewpoints that are not their own.

You're pretty obviously trying to sound like a badass. It's quite humorous.

Bottom line this is still a thread written by a parent about their child being bullied so I'll stop it here.
If you would like to continue a debate on child development, feel free to PM me any time.

Stopping it here is definitely the smartest thing you've done.

I suggest actually learning how to interact with children instead of pretending. I also suggest learning how to spell, write sentences, and build your reading comprehension ;) Take care of yourself.

Not only is your reading comprehension a serious issue but you can't even keep your statements straight:
Not only did you equate getting bullied and choked with "getting pushed to the ground" but you have no idea how to properly deal with these situations.
That is highly likely and bordering on fact at this point.
No shit Sherlock. No one said otherwise.
<36>
So you're calling TS a liar? Tremendous.
Again, no one said otherwise. You're creating stories to sound like you have some semblance of intelligence after looking like an idiot.
You're pretty obviously trying to sound like a badass. It's quite humorous.
Stopping it here is definitely the smartest thing you've done.
I suggest actually learning how to interact with children instead of pretending. I also suggest learning how to spell, write sentences, and build your reading comprehension ;) Take care of yourself.

Didn't go through all of this but I'm not sure the point you are trying to get at here. It seems all you want to try and do is misread my opinions, take and shoot them down.

Again, should you have an opinion of your own or want to discuss child development feel free to PM any time.

Didn't go through all of this but I'm not sure the point you are trying to get at here. It seems all you want to try and do is misread my opinions, take and shoot them down.

Again, should you have an opinion of your own or want to discuss child development feel free to PM any time.

That's consistent with you claiming you probably can't read. Also, I thought you claimed you were stopping there? You obviously took a look and got upset because you continue to prove you can't comprehend anything or think logically.

As I said before, you have serious issues in how you work with children. If you actually plan to start working with them or raising a family feel free to reach out. It would be best for you to figure out what you're doing before going any further.

And I'm resisting the urge of going to the school, punting the offending kid into orbit and manhandling the parents. Public schools, brahs. Not even once. Tried telling the wife we should move to a better school district or look into private school. She thinks being educated around feral kids with shit parents is "character building." Giving the school a chance to rectify the situation before I end up on the evening news. I can just see some idiot TA on their phone while my kid is being attacked. Makes my blood boil. And of course my kid won't defend herself because she thinks she'll get in trouble.
Sorry to hear about this, I am sure the situation is infuriating.

A few things I would recommend.

First an foremost, start with the things you can control. You can drive yourself nuts getting angry about things you cant change but that wont help anything.

A) Teach your kids to protect themselves and make sure they understand that YOU have their back and if they get in trouble for protecting themselves that is ok.

I have 11 & 12 year old daughters.
They know how to throw a jab and a cross. I have them hit my palm mimicking rudminentary pad work. They love it, it is fun, it is time spent together and I talk to them about situational awareness and eliminating a threat to get to safety.

Others have suggested boxing, BJJ or MMa training. If you have time/budget for that, i agree. Martial artsnwas very helpful for me growing up. Gave me confidence and discipline and the handful of times where I was in fights that i couldnt avoid i didnt panic and stayed calm and focused which i think is directly due to sparring experience.

If ypu cant do lessons you can probably teach them a few things.
Jab, cross, guillotine, etc.
If girl attacked by boy: eye gouge, groin attacks, strike to the trachea.
Then GET AWAY.

B) If the school sucks, which seems to be the case, what are your other options?

I homeschooled my kids for a year and it was an amazing experience. It put both of them above grade level in all their subjects and bonus of teaching them a lot about music as that is a passion of mine.

Private school?

Is it bad enough to warrant moving?
Are you in a rental or do you own?

If your kid is smart and not beimg challenged or you feel the teacher is giving BS busy work, is there something that could engage them outside of school?

Music? Theater? Sports?

GOOD LUCK.

It is a terrible situation, but there are possible lessons and growth if you handle it right and hopefully ways to avoid it occuring again.

And I'm resisting the urge of going to the school, punting the offending kid into orbit and manhandling the parents. Public schools, brahs. Not even once. Tried telling the wife we should move to a better school district or look into private school. She thinks being educated around feral kids with shit parents is "character building." Giving the school a chance to rectify the situation before I end up on the evening news. I can just see some idiot TA on their phone while my kid is being attacked. Makes my blood boil. And of course my kid won't defend herself because she thinks she'll get in trouble.

What I tell my kid: If you don't defend yourself you'll be in far greater trouble at home than you will be in school FOR defending yourself.

I feel ya, TS.

I'm broke as shit because I'm sending my daughter to private school but it's worth it.

There are still plenty of chances for her to fight her own battles and build character at a private school. They have mean kids too, but it's just like a normal amount of mean. Not these crazy kids that have never been told no in their lives and behave like animals.

I generally don't like the term "character building".

It's usually used by people who get boners about the past because they hate something about the present.

So it's fine for a child to be tormented and abused by other kids because it's "character building".

My education and passion for life were ruined because of shit that happened to me at school and at home, but at least a shitty, depressed, anxious character was built.

What does your kid want? She happy at her school?

It's a balance. For the most part it's good for kids do to learn to deal with conflict and threats of violence with their peers as a child before they become an adult where the stakes and dangers are far greater.

Last edited:
My son's school tried to suspend him last year for fighting back and choking out a bully. I told them if they can't protect him than he will protect himself. He ended up having to eat lunch alone for 3 days ‍♂️

My son's school tried to suspend him last year for fighting back and choking out a bully. I told them if they can't protect him than he will protect himself. He ended up having to eat lunch alone for 3 days ‍♂️
My son got in trouble in 3rd grade for punching their class president(boy)who slapped him for goofing around-3rd grade shit.

I had to keep this face the whole time talking about it with my wife and mother-in-law:

<LikeReally5>

While I'm feeling like this on the inside:
<{jackyeah}>

Did your d

Did your daughter sustain any injuries like scraps or a bruise?

Did your d

Did your daughter sustain any injuries like scraps or a bruise?
No, she said she didn't even cry. And naturally the school did nothing although the principal said he would at least talk to my kid about what happened. Treating it like a one off now. If it happens again I will be a force of nature at the school. I work third shift so if I really wanted to be petty, I could go up to the school during recess every day to ensure my kid isn't being bullied.

Get her in Bobby hills self defense classes imo

move into an apartment in a wealthy neighborhood, aint nobody got time for fatherless behavior.

Fill the school with uppercuts

Sorry to hear about this, I am sure the situation is infuriating.

A few things I would recommend.

First an foremost, start with the things you can control. You can drive yourself nuts getting angry about things you cant change but that wont help anything.

A) Teach your kids to protect themselves and make sure they understand that YOU have their back and if they get in trouble for protecting themselves that is ok.

I have 11 & 12 year old daughters.
They know how to throw a jab and a cross. I have them hit my palm mimicking rudminentary pad work. They love it, it is fun, it is time spent together and I talk to them about situational awareness and eliminating a threat to get to safety.

Others have suggested boxing, BJJ or MMa training. If you have time/budget for that, i agree. Martial artsnwas very helpful for me growing up. Gave me confidence and discipline and the handful of times where I was in fights that i couldnt avoid i didnt panic and stayed calm and focused which i think is directly due to sparring experience.

If ypu cant do lessons you can probably teach them a few things.
Jab, cross, guillotine, etc.
If girl attacked by boy: eye gouge, groin attacks, strike to the trachea.
Then GET AWAY.

B) If the school sucks, which seems to be the case, what are your other options?

I homeschooled my kids for a year and it was an amazing experience. It put both of them above grade level in all their subjects and bonus of teaching them a lot about music as that is a passion of mine.

Private school?

Is it bad enough to warrant moving?
Are you in a rental or do you own?

If your kid is smart and not beimg challenged or you feel the teacher is giving BS busy work, is there something that could engage them outside of school?

Music? Theater? Sports?

GOOD LUCK.

It is a terrible situation, but there are possible lessons and growth if you handle it right and hopefully ways to avoid it occuring again.
training a girl is one thing, getting them to overcome fight or flight is another

if you're daughter runs into a six foot tall samoan gal, it wont matter her training

Back