Koral's New Lightweight Gi V1

Anaconda, from what I have been reading, they dont shrink at all.
I will have a pair soon and will do a proper review as usual.

There is a big thread on here about Atama shrinkage (Judas D made a ton of informative posts) and if you can get some good info here as well: Steve's BJJ Log: Gi Review: Atama Mundial #7 vs Gameness Pearl

Didn't mean to thread jack on this one guys.

Does this gi shrink when you wash/dry it? I thought all koral gis were totally pre shrunk. Also, what is the point of the vinegar bath? I just ordered one, its my first "good" bjj gi(my other one is a cheap judo gi) should I do that with mine when I get it?

Edit-just read about the vinegar thing on the faq, does this gi need to be vinegar washed? I got a blue one.

Does this gi shrink when you wash/dry it? I thought all koral gis were totally pre shrunk. Also, what is the point of the vinegar bath? I just ordered one, its my first "good" bjj gi(my other one is a cheap judo gi) should I do that with mine when I get it?

Edit-just read about the vinegar thing on the faq, does this gi need to be vinegar washed? I got a blue one.

It still shrinks a little, even if you wash in cold and hang dry. Pre-shrunk doesnt mean that it wont shrink at all, just less than gi's normally do. You should mercerize colored gi's, so yea wash it in vinegar if you don't want the color to fade.

one more question about mundial # 7 - do they shrink at all?

Not much or atleast not as much as regular gi pants. I wish I could just buy gi tops because I always end up wearing the Atama #7 pants no matter what top I have.

Great great pants man you wont be dissappointed.

why is this thread turning out to be about the atama pants?!? haha

JJProgear u got pm.

lol just what I was thinking. These pants are getting so popular I had to get one for myself. I think once I get my blue belt I will be buying a black Koral lightweight gi. ANy idea why it is so much cheaper than the original? which one would likely last longer?

Can anyone compare the blue color of the Atama 7 pants with the blue color of the Koral Lightweight gi? For some reason it would bug me to mix/match if the blues were noticeably different shades...I like to look good when I get submitted.

Also, had a chance to roll in the Koral lightweight finally. I had previously noted that the pants were very tight but I did not have any issues when rolling. Fabric is comfortable but wish I they were slightly a fuller cut. Top is a very comfortable fit for a muscular build and breathes well. I notice after washing this gi the top does collect a lot of lint for some reason. I did notice because of the gi thickness it was easier for my opponent to control the collar and sleeves. This, however, is probably the same with all lightweight gi's. All in all this seems to be a solid gi that is a must for the hot summer months coming.

I may actually also look at the Atama 5 or 7 to put into the rotation for days in which temp is not a concern...does the 7 seem to breathe better then the 5? Or are the pants really what people love on the 7.

JJprogear any idea when the blue size a2 will be back in stock? I sent you a pm about it.

Can anyone compare the blue color of the Atama 7 pants with the blue color of the Koral Lightweight gi? For some reason it would bug me to mix/match if the blues were noticeably different shades...I like to look good when I get submitted.

Also, had a chance to roll in the Koral lightweight finally. I had previously noted that the pants were very tight but I did not have any issues when rolling. Fabric is comfortable but wish I they were slightly a fuller cut. Top is a very comfortable fit for a muscular build and breathes well. I notice after washing this gi the top does collect a lot of lint for some reason. I did notice because of the gi thickness it was easier for my opponent to control the collar and sleeves. This, however, is probably the same with all lightweight gi's. All in all this seems to be a solid gi that is a must for the hot summer months coming.

I may actually also look at the Atama 5 or 7 to put into the rotation for days in which temp is not a concern...does the 7 seem to breathe better then the 5? Or are the pants really what people love on the 7.

I have a 5 and a 7. The 5 does feel noticeably hotter than the 7 does. The pants on the 7 do not soak up much sweat so that also causes the entire Gi to feel cooler.

JD

We are getting more Koral Light gis in stock this week, like Monday or Tuesday.

koral Light Gis in stock now !

gwtza - I will check with my staff on Monday. The best way to get updates in thru email [email protected] or by phone at 310-3700116.

koral Light Gis in stock now !

gwtza - I will check with my staff on Monday. The best way to get updates in thru email [email protected] or by phone at 310-3700116.

Ive been emailing them a couple of days now, but still no reply. Anyways, ill try again, must be busy these days. Thanks gilberto! and sorry for the hassel.(cant contact my friend who was suposd to receive my gi neither, so i really dont know if i got the gi already or not, or if u guys received my paypal payment)

gwtza - you got pm

JudasD - Not Yet but we can mix match the Koral Light Top with Koral classic pants. Let me know if that works for you.

gwtza - you got pm

JudasD - Not Yet but we can mix match the Koral Light Top with Koral classic pants. Let me know if that works for you.

Do you guys sell just the tops for any of your gi's?

gwtza - you got pm

Tnx man! You got Pm back, haha. Everythings alright, but theres a slight misunderstanding.

they match up perfectly..

I used to wear Koral a3. Can i buy the light as an a3 too?

Any major cut changes?

Back