Kpop/Jpop Music Station Thread

Was gonna start listening to her, but got side tracked on LeeHi. Digging her 70s disco styles.

But wow.

before she got plastic surgery!

Compare that to her in 2021

She has a great voice.

yeah, her voice is really amazing. shocking to see that Kpop Star video of her with JYP and how little confidence it looks like she had.

i really liked her duo with Lee Suhyun from Akdong Musician which showcases more of a fun sound from both of them:

and i didn't notice until this time watching that video, but it looks like that's Blackpink's Jisoo with Bobby.

yeah, her voice is really amazing. shocking to see that Kpop Star video of her with JYP and how little confidence it looks like she had.

i really liked her duo with Lee Suhyun from Akdong Musician which showcases more of a fun sound from both of them:

and i didn't notice until this time watching that video, but it looks like that's Blackpink's Jisoo with Bobby.

I heard this th4e other day while watching this sampler. Its a good one. Its cool seeing talented people do their thing. Stand and deliver.

There's a cover of a tune I last heard by the Barberettes on there too

missed this one when it came out. the video is great with the bold colors and there's something going on in the background with squares everywhere, sometimes broken up with circles.... no idea what that means but i think there's something intentional about it. the bold, over-saturated colors match really well with the "liveliness" of the song itself. they used similar really bright colors in their debut, but there they used more pastels as opposed to the neons and blacks here which is probably representing the same energy but less "childish."

they did a really good job of having the song start off more... restrained i guess, before building to the catchy and energetic chorus. the rap break feels a bit disconnected as usual, but both rappers sound good.

new K-Pop J-Pop from NIZIU:

i like this a lot mostly because of it's relatively weird (to my ears) sound. i don't know anything about music theory or whatever, but i think because they're using the "chopsticks" refrain throughout the song it gives the melody a weird "descending" quality that is juxtaposed with the up-beat vocals and visuals. it's also paired with a very simple beat which allows this feeling to really stand out.

i don't mind heavy production which is pretty much par for the course in these genres, but i still feel like they went too far with the vocal production here with a lot of auto-tune.

In post-IZONE news.. Wonyoung and Yujin just debuted in their new group IVE.

And Nako just became the newest center for HKT48. Nice! <{1-69}>

oh right, i forgot that was their group.

Reactions: Oku
Back