Leandro Lo confirmed brain dead after shooting.

There's a thread about it in the grappling forum. Some douchebag was stealing drinks from their table and trying to provoke a fight, Lo held him down and told him to leave, dude walked around the club and shot Lo in the head. The shooter was an off-duty cop and a BJJ purple belt -- he definitely knew who Lo was.

EDIT: lol I guess we got some combined threads going on here

Last edited:
In Brasil there will be no justice, especially because the cops are involved.

rip Leandro the jiujiteiro

Reading the article, this is why I tell everyone to walk away from anything even if you’re in the right. That off duty PO now has an attempted murder investigation on him while he’s on the run. He made threatening gestures towards Lo and he intervened and immobilized him and asked for the off duty PO to leave. Lo is brain dead now just horrible to see that over absolutely nothing. Hopefully his family can find peace and this soon to be former PO gets thrown in prison for a long time for his cowardly actions.

Damn shot by an off duty cop at a bar, terrible! He was in his prime too, damned shame. RIP and condolences to his family.

If true, I hope the bastard spends the rest of his life biting pillows in a Brazilian jail. Piece of shit.

He won't. The maximum time someone can serve here in Brazil is 40 years. But even that is very rare because they can cut time off by working, good behaviour, etc., and also go to a semi open regime before the full completion of their time.

If police are sketchy over in the US, theyre even sketchier in places like Brazil .

I understand. In many countries they are underpaid and aren't held accountable

Brazil has to make an example of dude. Harsh and painful.

You have to protect your champions that promote your country.

If wanderlei silva is ever killed in his own country my heart would break.

Back