Media Leon Edwards Completely No-Selling Colby Getting a Title Shot

Leon being forced to put together a 9 fight winning streak before being given a shot (against the guy with whom he'd already shown that he might be able to beat) is turning the table back on management.

It's all about money and setting himself up for the future.
Neither Colby, Conor, nor Jorge (even if the latter 2 win their upcoming fights) have done enough recently to warrant a third shot at a belt.

Good on him for showing that he's not willing to play the UFC's stupid games w/o receiving recompense.

I think Leon wants to avoid signing a contract until Chandler fights Mcgregor, if Mcgregor wins it’s totally probable the ufc will grant him a title shot , Leon wants some of that Mcgregor money

Bingo!
Conor'd be the bigger money fight.
These guys only peak for a short time in the sport.
Best (for the fighters) to take the most profitable opportunities to set themselves and their families up for life.

Leon's not ready to give back to the business

<26>

Seems like he's giving back exactly what he got from them.

Dana countered this by mentioning how long Leon sat out for, and not one of those bum ass useless reporters could point out that that was after a 9-fight win streak (excluding Belal), for his first shot as opposed to already losing 2 title shots in his last 4 fucking fights like Colby

That'd cause that clown kicks out reporters that ask tough questions.

That's fine but you can't also say you are willing to fight Masvidal.

Dana countered this by mentioning how long Leon sat out for, and not one of those bum ass useless reporters could point out that that was after a 9-fight win streak (excluding Belal), for his first shot as opposed to already losing 2 title shots in his last 4 fucking fights like Colby
Dana makes no common sense ever and the only one to asked real questions can't even go to post fight pressers anymore.

Am I crazy, or does Colby sound like a slightly more intelligent Nate Diaz?

Timestamped:

Real G's move in silence, like lasagna - Colby CovinGOAT

Wasn’t this the interview where he admitted to not being a small WW? 188 to 170 is actually 3 pounds bigger than GSP’s walk around weight.

That's fine but you can't also say you are willing to fight Masvidal.

Arguably it's an acknowledgement that the game isn't about in cage performances or even recent accomplishments.
If record and winning streaks don't matter, just take the big pay day; especially if there's a personal beef to be settled.

Funny how some people are already trying to change the narrative that Colby shouldn't be near a title shot to "Leon is scared of him!"

Embarassing.

With the way the UFC forced Edwards to sign up to fight Borz 3 times really pissed me off. The UFC, Colby, Masvidal, and Usman can kiss my entire ass.

I believe that you deserve the TS you earned. Whether I like you or not. If you’re boring or not. And whether you’re a draw or not.

They’re screwing Belal now, too.

I really hope Edwards doesn’t take this fight. There is NO fucking way the UFC can strip him. But if he refuses. Guaranteed, the first loss he has they’ll shit can him.

It’s his call, and I’ll support whatever he chooses to do. I was ready happy for him in both of those recent Usman fights.

Leon is bad for business the sooner they get that belt around Colby's waist the better.

colby-covington.gif

I don't know why Leon is so afraid of Colby.

ridiculous-dont-be-ridiculous.gif

You can’t be serious?

If Masvidal beats Burns I could see Mas jumping Cody to get the ts, which makes no sense in terms of ranking but sort of does in terms of heat, but ufc gonna ufc.
Burns is number 5. If Borz (4) does not return to WW, then Burns would be number 4.

I don’t like Masvidal at all. But beating number 4 is certainly in consideration for getting a TS. Burns needs to make sure this doesn’t happen.

Usman at number 1, just lost twice. Colby at number 2 only has that win over Masvidal. Belal currently at number 4 deserves it more than anybody else right now.

I’m interested to see what happens here.

I think Leon wants to avoid signing a contract until Chandler fights Mcgregor, if Mcgregor wins it’s totally probable the ufc will grant him a title shot , Leon wants some of that Mcgregor money
The problem is, that fight is a LONG way off... if it even happens.

Last I heard Conor still wasn't in the testing pool and USADA said they were not planning to issue him an exemption from the 6 month window.
(Which makes sense after the Lesnar UFC 200 debacle)

I don't blame Leon for wanting the red panty night, but it seems like the earliest Conor could fight for the WW strap is 2024, and that is if he can win his comeback fight, which is no guarantee for a guy who has 1 win in 7 years and is coming off a horrendous injury and extended layoff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back