Rumored Leon Edwards plans to call out the winner of Strickland vs Du Plessis after UFC 296!

This double champ thing is so burnt out lol. I remember when it was actually something to be excited about
UFC should have all champs sign double champ contract. Defend the belt 2x a year, 2 belts = 4 defenses. If you want to stay on top, you gotta work hard for it. If a double champ gets injured, he/she has to forfeit the lower weight belt. If he/she wishes to pursue the lower weight belt, he/she must succeed in defending the higher weightclass belt at least once and beat the no.1 contender from his/her former lower weightclass.

One of the dumbest callouts ever. Edwards isn't even best in his weight class, why should he fight the MW champ? And who would even care? I had to look up his record because I don't even remember when he last fought. It was earlier this year and a great win, but if you don't fight at least twice every year, I think you should STFU and fight whoever is put in front of you.

UFC has encouraged this and that is why its happening so often - they've obviously got data that champ v champ fights do better numbers and it also allows the possibility of creating more intertim titles so they can have champ on every main card.

Leon has many challenges left at WW - not particularly interested in seeing him fight anyone at MW other than Khamzat.

Assuming Edwards gets past Colby which is no sure thing given Colby’s intense pace and cardio advantage, I don’t think Edwards has the size and power to compete with top MW fighters.

Assuming Edwards gets past Colby which is no sure thing given Colby’s intense pace and cardio advantage, I don’t think Edwards has the size and power to compete with top MW fighters.

Leon is a huge WW but I am not sure he can beat top MW's

About the same number of times he got dropped on his ass by Usman
Now, outside of 2 failed title shots, who has he BEAT that wasn't a retired fossil reeling off consecutive losses.

Back