looking back: what would the best UFC 300 bout order have been?

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
IMHO:

1. Alex/Hill
2. Jiri/Rakic
3. Max/Justin
4. Arman/Charles
5. Weili/Yan

Great night regardless, but imagine how much better that would have been if that was the order of the main card.

A. Strongest WMMA match opens the card. WMMA haters have a level of segregation (male vs female bouts) to make them happy, but otherwise the best WMMA has to offer leaves a good impression on the fanbase as a whole. Win/win.

B. Charity match for marketing favorite Bo with a mere 5 fights doesn't stink up the main card.

C. Specatular KO marathon in the top 3 fights on the card: even on paper before we knew what would happen, maximizing chances of a finish marathon and maintaining amazing momentum

D. Main and co-main events share a common theme to build off one another (LHW title and potential LHW title eliminator)

My point is not to say "gee wiz look how smart I am after the fact" but rather that the above matchmaking logic could have easily been applied BEFORE this card (and, more important, that it SHOULD be applied to FUTURE cards).

What do you think? Would the above have resulted in the best outcome for 300?

Last edited:
The order was already perfect. The WMMA match gave me time to relax, do some other things, and then come back full of energy for the main event.

Alex vs Hill
Max vs Justin
Jiri vs Rakic
Charles vs Arman
Lopes vs Sodiq

Cody vs Figgy
Kayla vs Holm
Turner vs Renato
Green vs Miller

Welli vs Yan
Andrade vs Marina
Stirling vs Kattar
Bo vs Brundage

What do you think? Would the above have resulted in the best outcome for 300?

So the prelim headliner would be Aljo v Kattar, the worst fight on the card? I think they made the right call putting Jiri there.

Seeing 3 fights that intense in a row would've been too much for the crowd. You need a piss break/mental reset in between.

I would have what ts did, but make those the prelims because fuck ppv.

Loved that Jiri fight was free

So the prelim headliner would be Aljo v Kattar, the worst fight on the card? I think they made the right call putting Jiri there.
Good question.

I don't think prelims matter all that much so if a main card is legit helped 10% at the cost of hurting the prelim strength 50% it is still a win for the card.

Maybe I'm wrong though and prelims have a hidden industry importance that I'm not aware of

EDIT:
And if I had to pick, nah, it would have been Kayla vs Holm as the prelim headliner. That matches with the "WMMA/MMA" segregation scheduling I mentioned too, since head of prelims and opening of main card are WMMAX2

Good question.

I don't think prelims matter all that much so if a main card is legit helped 10% at the cost of hurting the prelim strength 50% it is still a win for the card.

Maybe I'm wrong though and prelims have a hidden industry importance that I'm not aware of

The prelim headliner is the most viewed fight of the night and helps convince people to buy the PPV.

Pereira vs Hill
Gaethje vs Holloway
Oliveira vs Tsarukyan
Jiri vs Rakic
Lopes vs Sodiq

Aljo vs Kattar
Green vs Miller
Moicano vs Turner
Zhang vs Yan
Holly vs Harrisson
Nickal vs Brundage
Andrade vs Rodriguez

@mangokush @DatSamboKid
I unfortunately didn't catch the Lopes fight. Sounds like I missed a good one but not surprised as he normally brings it

More than the ME? Did not know that / ok huge if true
yeah it always has been, of course this is skewed, some people will tell you it isn't I'd not believe them.

Most people watch PPV but dont pay. much much more than Those who watch the prelims and dont watch the ppv.

I thought they did well the way it was

yeah it always has been, of course this is skewed, some people will tell you it isn't I'd not believe them.

Most people watch PPV but dont pay. much much more than Those who watch the prelims and dont watch the ppv.
I figured as much (it being voodoo math). Just conceptually: however many humans watched Jiri/Rakic on the prelims, no way in hell it is anywhere near the amount of humans that watched Alex/Hill. The totals of pay metrics aside...

Back