Rumored Lopez vs Lomachenko 2

I think his lack of head movement in the fights you mentioned is because he often underestimated his opponents. Not happening with Joshua though, I believe he respects AJ too much and will move his head much more to try and neutralize his jab. He seems to be a bit defensively irresponsible but how many times is he getting clipped. I mean he gets hit with punches that are over reaching. But it's rare to see him get hit clean with a solid punch. His basic defense isn't horrible. And people mention Chisora but Joshua doesn't fight like Chisora at all. Joshua doesn't head hunt people at all and is not willing to eat two or three for landing one of his. I expect AJ to be on the back foot and countering for the majority of the fight. AJ will fight a patient fight and wait for his opening and explosion. For as much as it lasts this will be a competitive and fun boxing contest I believe. And as much as Whyte or Ruiz are dangeros fights for him or not it really doesn't matter at this point as for Usyk this is a one and done scenario most likely. If he wins he has made history and will have one or max two more fights and if he loses he just ends a great career with a great payday.
I think someone who has head movement in their arsenal would always use it, not negate a tool they have beaten into their DNA for years. If hes working headmovement special for AJ he might last a few rounds looking sharp and evasive, but itll will be unnatural and his gameplan will start to unravel and his bad habits will show like always. I fully expect AJ to at very least score knockdowns in this one. Usyk won't be able to maintain adequate defensive responsibility all fight long, but lucky for him about the gas tank. Thing is gas tanks and legs seem to go when you are getting the shit beat out of you. I'd like to see Usyk respond to being hit very hard by a true HW elite.

I think someone who has head movement in their arsenal would always use it, not negate a tool they have beaten into their DNA for years. If hes working headmovement special for AJ he might last a few rounds looking sharp and evasive, but itll will be unnatural and his gameplan will start to unravel and his bad habits will show like always. I fully expect AJ to at very least score knockdowns in this one. Usyk won't be able to maintain adequate defensive responsibility all fight long, but lucky for him about the gas tank. Thing is gas tanks and legs seem to go when you are getting the shit beat out of you. I'd like to see Usyk respond to being hit very hard by a true HW elite.
If I were an Usyk fan, I'd be troubled by how much he got hit vs Chisora, who was throwing the same punch all night long. The guy's defense is just not very good.

Recent opponents have all been shorter than him. I don't know man they say he gave Klitschko all kinds of trouble in sparring back in 2014. Guy is abnormally fast for these huge HWs and with a significant height and reach disadvantage here I bet he will move his head like a maniac. But like you said over 12 rounds getting hit by AJ is inevitable. It will come down to his chin at the end of the day. If all of a sudden he shows us he can take a punch too, AJ might be in for a long night.

Recent opponents have all been shorter than him. I don't know man they say he gave Klitschko all kinds of trouble in sparring back in 2014. Guy is abnormally fast for these huge HWs and with a significant height and reach disadvantage here I bet he will move his head like a maniac. But like you said over 12 rounds getting hit by AJ is inevitable. It will come down to his chin at the end of the day. If all of a sudden he shows us he can take a punch too, AJ might be in for a long night.
Fair enough. It's the better of the two big HWT fights we got, for sure atm. We've already seen Fury/wilder x2, so I'm very curious to see this fresh matchup, even if Usyk is a bit of a question mark to me still.

If I were an Usyk fan, I'd be troubled by how much he got hit vs Chisora, who was throwing the same punch all night long. The guy's defense is just not very good.
People see what they want to see sometimes, hes a good talent and glad hes in the mix, but I dont see him cracking the top 3 going through AJ, no way.

Back