Luke Thomas does an entire video throwing shade at Helwani, basically callling him a Conor shill

It's cool and all, but the fact that he obviously is talking about Helwani but doesn't mention his name, prevents me from respecting what he says.

Liked for the cliffs, but this feels like standard Luke Thomas stating the obvious as if he's the only one in the world who sees it.

Combat sports "journalists" essentially work in fight promotion. No shit. "Journalism" in general is "sensationalism". No shit.
He’s in the business and the only one talking about it, sure it’s obvious but no one else had the balls, and when a cuck has the most balls in the room we in deep shit

My take away from this is nothing more than being impressed he isn't calling himself a "Journalist" anymore.

Journalists investigate and uncover stories, they don't just ask "hard questions" based on rumours they heard in one form or another.

Have you ever heard of an NFL/ NHL/ NBA/ MLB/ Boxing "journalist"?

Of course you haven't because they aren't fucking journalists, they are sports reporters and analysts, only in MMA do we call them and they claim to be " journalists", lol.
Brian Windhorst is a reporter, analyst and a journalist. It depends on the person.

Rumors heard from someone else could be considered a source. You are standing firm on something ridiculous.

Luke and his anger issues... SMH. I really like the dude, but if he knew how he tends to be overly negative at times and how people get rubbed the wrong way by that, he'd understand why so many people take umbrage with him and that's the real reason some people are blacklisting him. That's at least my opinion on it.

Most of what he said about Arielista is true. More need to recognize this and stop allowing him to make profits over the horseshit he peddles.

Luke is jealous.

Ariel grilled Conor about his behaviour for about 8 minutes, to bring up the rape allegation would have been incredibly irresponsible, Luke is kidding himself if he thinks he'd have asked the question.

loyal? how can you be loyal to someone that youre benefiting from so much? loyalty is tested when you dont benefit from someone.

Ariel got more clicks off that interview than any interview hes done in the past year or YEARS.
This.... luke thomas back to his basement and ariel is interviewing mma’s biggest star on ESPN. Thats how the world works Luke, you cant piss on somebody and then expect them to give you interviews and make you money.

"An Experience With" is an outside company. They hire all kinds of famous people to do those live PPV interviews. They didn't pay Ariel for hosting it

I thought I read something about Conor's people physically removing Ariel from the venue when he asked about payment. Maybe I'm just a moron.

When you allow cheeto-fingered soyboys from bloodygladiators.com or lefthandofdeath.com into pressers, then these should no longer be called pressers because theres no real press involved. Just fanboys looking for access to their favorite fighters so they can sniff their sweaty jocks.

Ariel Helwani does kinda annoy me when it comes to Conor.

• Stopped calling himself a "journalist" recently because he realizes that it's a totally dishonest description of what he does.
    • Says the fact that he ever called himself one is a "personal failing" and apologizes for having done so.
Whatever. Man Luke is really fucking full of himself

Id rather be in ariels or brett okamoto shoes then lukes. The other guys get all the big interviews. So what if they're shills., They're on espn getting paid.

They're doing PR work, its not an interview

The guy who said he still believes Jones never juiced after popping twice has the nerve to call someone else a shill? I'm glad Luke Thomas decided to stop calling himself a jounalist because the way he completely ignored the reality to push the Jones propaganda line is something a journalist should never do. Dude is such a clown.

He's literally critisims bones to the point of being blackballed by him. Dana does not like him either, neither does half the UFC staff.

This Luke Thomas guzzling Jones all day myth is tired and not backed by facts. He's an equal opportunist. Hence his in unpopularity with the UFC and several fighters to the point where he's considered not doing fighter interviews at all

Luke was never really a Jones shill. He just called out the inane criticism that Jones used to get before he really fucked his life up. He wasn't stanning for Jones so much as taking the hysterical overreaction to his behavior to task.

That was years ago, but some people refuse to get over it.

This.... luke thomas back to his basement and ariel is interviewing mma’s biggest star on ESPN. Thats how the world works Luke, you cant piss on somebody and then expect them to give you interviews and make you money.

Luke is working for Showtime now. He's in a better position than he was a few months ago.

Also, the thread title is kind of misleading. He went to great pains not to mention Ariel's name in that video. It was more of a critique of MMA journalism as a whole, and he admitted that much of his own coverage of the sport has been poor.

Back