Luke Thomas: "If Khabib doesnt take the Conor fight the UFC might strip him"

imagine stripping Khabib after defending against the Tony, the clearest number 1 contender in ANY division.

While I think it's very minimally possible they strip him to try to put the belt on McGregor again, he's insane if he thinks nurmy gets viewed as a coward (it would only be from hardcore Conor fans). Khabib likely tells UFC to fuck off and fights the next guy.

Also I'm no businessman, but I don't see the logic of putting the belt on a guy who will likely sit out or until he is stripped again (I know nurmy ain't all that active either but more active than Conor now days). I think dana is just looking for a big $$$ fight and no bigger fight than Khabib x McGregor 2. Khabib has shown to stick to his guns and UFC needs him internationally so I may be in the minority thinking Conor's special treatment ain't really that special if Khabib refuses and UFC probably ain't gonna strip him. Conor would be better off going after Masvidal's bmf belt that he claims to want.

Honestly, i wouldnt put it as the most likely possibility, but to tell you the truth i wouldnt put it as some kind of remote possibility either

Huh?!?

Khabib gets stripped and Conor vs Nate 3 for the title

Who exactly has the perspective that the first fight was close..?

Only Conor's most idiotic fans truly believe that nonsense.
But he won a round!!!!! His tumb!!! His foot was a balloon!!!

LT imo always good at fight analysis. But for this one he is just speculating.

Never gonna happen. Khalabib is too big now. Hed rather retire. But before that Conor has a tough fight. Khalabib will maul Conor anyways. Not a good matchup for him at all. Ferguson's the only hope cause of his conditioning and plain unorthodox techniques.

I was watching some of this yesterday. Luke was pretty clear that he didn't think that would happen. He was just laying out all of the options if Khabib refused to fight Conor and the UFC was adamant about him fighting for a title.

Imagine the ufc stripping a guy who just solidified his spot as the LW GOAT by beating a monster in Tony...all because he won't fight a guy he dominated and finished until he earns it. lol. Dana didnt strip DJ for not taking the TJ fight. He won't do shit

Does anyone actually think this isn’t possible?

Funny, only people will think khabib would be a coward after crushing Conor like a beer can for refusing a quick turn around for notorious would be his hardcore riders

Let’s form an mma fans union. And when Dana/wme do stupid shit, we can ban together and boycott. I’m joking of course and no matter how dumb I think some of the decisions are, I always watch every event *hangs head in shame*

To be fair to Luke he didnt say just that but to imagine one second that Khabib would stripped for wanting to defend better contenders is just dumb, he also said that khabib may be the vilain in the story if he refused to defend against Conor, that people would say he's scared, that he's running and other Bs. Well, first of all it's already the case, if you read this forum and secondly only casuals and other conor fan boys would think that. I think the majority of UFC fans would actually praise khabib for sticking to his ground. Khabib has already achieved all his dreams, goals and more, he wants to defend and win because he is competitive but beside that, he could leave UFC tomorrow with no regrets.

Yeah he really talks out of his ass.

This is the most pathetic attempt I have seen in a long time someone begging for attention or better clicks.

Really shows that he got fired. Dont get how anyone even calls him a journalist.
He doesn’t call himself a journalist. In fact, he’s repeatedly said he’s not. Also, how is this clickbait? It’s a q&a live chat, and he answered a question that was asked. My guess, you didn’t actually watch the vid, just posted a reactionary post.
Douche Thomas using those clickbait headlines. He knows this is bullshit. Khabib is not getting stripped while willingly defending his title against legitimate contenders. Lol, it's the pipe dream of Conor fanbois.
What clickbait headline? The title of the video is Luke Thomas live chat. It’s right there on the video. Another moron who just spouting off shit on Sherdog, just reacting to a thread title without actually reading the post or watching the video. It was a q&a forum, he was asked a question, he gave an answer.
Where are these people who thought the first fight was close? I'd like to meet them and laugh in their faces
Believe it or not, there is a whole internet outside of Sherdog. Those people do, in fact exist.
LT imo always good at fight analysis. But for this one he is just speculating.
Yes.
, he was asked for an opinion, he gave it.

I’m far from Luke’s biggest fan, but wow, he really brings out the inner moron of some people on here.

Funny, only people will think khabib would be a coward after crushing Conor like a beer can for refusing a quick turn around for notorious would be his hardcore riders
I try my best not to suggest that a cage fighter would be a coward. Seems kind of silly...except for JDR. She’s was legitimately afraid to fight Cyborg.

To be fair to Luke he didnt say just that but to imagine one second that Khabib would stripped for wanting to defend better contenders is just dumb, he also said that khabib may be the vilain in the story if he refused to defend against Conor, that people would say he's scared, that he's running and other Bs. Well, first of all it's already the case, if you read this forum and secondly only casuals and other conor fan boys would think that. I think the majority of UFC fans would actually praise khabib for sticking to his ground. Khabib has already achieved all his dreams, goals and more, he wants to defend and win because he is competitive but beside that, he could leave UFC tomorrow with no regrets.
Well, the casuals are who the UFC markets to.

Lol stopped reading after certain ppl believe the first fight was close....
<45><Lmaoo>

Khabib will fight Conor. Everything else is bluster and negotiating tactics. Anyone who thinks he would prefer to put his health on the line against a tougher opponent for less money is an idiot.
Then why wouldn't they book an immediate rematch? If Conor is all about money and Khabib is all about money, it wouldn't take this long for Conor to not even be fighting at LW for his comeback fight. And why has Khabib defended against Porrier and now Tony if the Conor fight is oh so certain?

Every shred of logical thinking from a meritocracy standpoint says it would be ridiculous and insane to strip Khabib if he beats Tony and refuses Conor next. Which, sadly, is EXACTLY why I wouldn't put it past them.

Tony beating Khabib in an ultra competitive fight that ends in a controversial decision that demands an immediate rematch would be amazing. Conor forced to do something else while Tony and Khabib have the best trilogy in MMA history back to back to back. Pipe dream yeah...but here's to hoping.

Back