News Lyoto Machida wants to go back to middleweight, calls out Mousasi for Trilogy!

Machida vs Mousasi Trilogy

• Total voters
The trilogy is a fine idea but Machida needs another victory. Bellator needs to develop some of their talent in this division. If they do fight, I think Moose takes it again. I think Machida is on the tail end of his career.

The last fight sucked balls, no interest in a rematch.

Bellator should be using Machida to build up new guys at this point.

This fight makes sense 5 years ago, but not anymore.

Machida should retire at this point, he has nothing to prove anymore.

This dude is so shopworn. Needs to ride off into the sunset and retire

Lyoto is so bad in rematches my god.

He is 0-4 in rematches but against Shogun he looked better and was pretty handedly beating Shogun until he got countered rushing in. He had the right type of gameplan though taking him down and mixing it up. I think he won the Davis rematch (and he lost by split decision). The Mousasi fight nothing much happened either way and it was boring. He was beating Bader on the feet again but did poorly on the ground. Looking at the record it sounds bad but looking at the fight he was fine, and all of those rematches except Shogun happened when he was in his 40s.

No need for this trilogy. At this point, Mousasi is just going to jab his way to a boring decision, while Machida wastes 15-25 minutes waiting for an opening to blitz.

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_4.gif

Still can't believe he just shrugged that one off.

Why? His 3 rounders against Mousasi and Davis in Bellator were razor close. He didn't look that bad in the first two rounds against Bader.
What's with this weird obsession with rematches for Machida? Let's see some fresh fights, not rehashes from 2014.

force some TRT onto Machida's bloodstream and he could be MW and LHW champ simultaneously

What's with this weird obsession with rematches for Machida? Let's see some fresh fights, not rehashes from 2014.
What? There's no obsession with rematches. Mousasi is the champ. If Mousasi wasn't champ the fight would make far less sense.

What? There's no obsession with rematches. Mousasi is the champ. If Mousasi wasn't champ the fight would make far less sense.
It already doesn't make much sense. They need to use Machida to build homegrown guys at this point. He should be fighting Augusto or one of the young 85ers like Eblen or even Ed Ruth.

Back