Max Holloway does the seemingly unthinkable - Earns $600k in fight night bonuses at UFC 300

You can absolutely sit on a punch without brawling. Are you slow? Max was just point fighting most of the fight.

{<huh}

This is the dumbest post I've read today, Max is the complete opposite of a point fighter. Do you not understand the concept of defense? Two guys standing in the pocket and trading creates a much higher chance of a knockout. Max doesn't get a knockout without Gaethje agreeing to it.

Dude should have gotten performance of the night, fight of the night, KO of the night, and let's give him submission of the night too. Topuria looked like he shit himself.
I need to go back and screencap that. I was waiting for him to do the GSP hand tremor, but it didn't come - guy looked genuinely shook.

It was well deserved. A great fight to watch and the end Ko was something to remember UFC 300 by.

I remember years ago people were saying Max had taken too much damage and he had been in too many wars. He seems to have put that behind him, also not having to cut weight he looked sharp. Max couldn't do anything wrong tonight.

Hope Gaethje recovers ok from that. It was a devastating ko. He was out for awhile.

I wonder how much Max makes in base salary, its probably pretty decent. Likely made over a million last night. Just with bonuses and Venum he is at 632k.

That spinning kick that broke Justin's nose at the end of the first won that fight for Max.

But his speed and boxing was giving Justin problems already. I think Justin would have made it more of a barn burner if his nose didn't get crushed in the first round though.

Not saying it was lucky or anything like that. Clearly he landed the same strike over and over and worked on that move. Just an incredible performance by Max all around
Yeah, it probably helped in a big way. No denying that. Pretty crazy how the styles make fights saying still rings true today. I figured this fight would be more or less the same as Poirier v Max. Just goes to show how good Dustins boxing is. Max just wasnt in danger this fight and was way faster and he lowered his output tremendously and looked like a real pro out there. The ending was just incredible. I agree with Joe Rogan, probably the best KO of all time when you put it into context.

I am not a fan of Holloway at all always have had problems with him. However, that was undoubtedly one of the most badass moments ever man. The way Justin got dropped dead center of the octagon was surreal. Looked like he sacrificed his soul in that moment

You can absolutely sit on a punch without brawling. Are you slow? Max was just point fighting most of the fight.
Tf? He wobbled Justin multiple times and had the most impactful damage prior to the last second KO. Point fighting is the last thing you can say in this fight.

I am not a fan of Holloway at all always have had problems with him. However, that was undoubtedly one of the most badass moments ever man. The way Justin got dropped dead center of the octagon was surreal. Looked like he sacrificed his soul in that moment
I’m always curious how people have problems with him. In what way? He’s one of the most humble and badass fighters in history and almost always puts on exciting fights.

Damn right we are ;) and the whole state was watching last night.

It was so loud on my street after the KO that I thought it was new year eve. Literal fireworks in the sky, it was insane.
That's got to be an incredible feeling to have your home town fucking backing you to that magnitude. I'm blessed to be living at this time to witness this man's career.

And he totally deserves it. After losing his belt, I bet Holloway took a big pay cut. Given Strickland’s recent remarks, it wouldn’t shock me if Holloway’s earning around $200k to show and $200k to win. Sure, $400k a fight is good money, but after taxes and expenses, it's not exactly life-changing wealth. I've been watching Holloway since his debut, and it would be an incredible story if he goes out there and beats Topuria to reclaim his title five years after losing it to Volkanovski. That would be legendary.

That's got to be an incredible feeling to have your home town fucking backing you to that magnitude. I'm blessed to be living at this time to witness this man's career.
Not only hometown but the entire state. I’d say he surpassed BJ as the GOAT fighter from Hawaii.

Not only hometown but the entire state. I’d say he surpassed BJ as the GOAT fighter from Hawaii.
Max will get elected if he ever runs, and I don't envision a drunken street knockout in his future. He is the best representative this sport could possibly ask for.

Tf? He wobbled Justin multiple times and had the most impactful damage prior to the last second KO. Point fighting is the last thing you can say in this fight.

He also poked the shot out of both of his eyes.

I get that he had an amazing moment; and it was definitely one of the craziest things we will ever see in MMA, but he blinded him earlier on in the fight with some pretty blatant eye pokes that should have cost him points.

If JG wasn’t the warrior he is that fight could have ended in a DQ

He also poked the shot out of both of his eyes.

I get that he had an amazing moment; and it was definitely one of the craziest things we will ever see in MMA, but he blinded him earlier on in the fight with some pretty blatant eye pokes that should have cost him points.

If JG wasn’t the warrior he is that fight could have ended in a DQ
See, you get 4 free fouls to use every fight and Max only used 2. Jones and Weidman have cleared the path for us.

He earned the fight he always wants.
Step up DC, cookie weight it is

Funny that Gaethje didn't eyepoke for once, but instead got eyepoked instead twice.
It was that spider man meme ^^

Back