Max Should Be the Number 2 Ranked Lightweight Right Now, Right?

Yeah but they always give other fighters from other divisions the proper ranking when they beat a contender in another division. 9 makes no sense.
Those are usually only when that person is moving to that division though.

Or when it's women's rankings where they don't give a shit

Those are usually only when that person is moving to that division though.

Or when it's women's rankings where they don't give a shit

No one gives a shit about women's rankings, the women's divisions are so shallow that they still have women on 3 or 4 fight losing streaks in the top 15.

No one gives a shit about women's rankings, the women's divisions are so shallow that they still have women on 3 or 4 fight losing streaks in the top 15.
Well, Perez and Dvorak are #8 and #14 respectively at fly, both on a 3 fight losing streak. Calvin Kattar is #9 losing 3. Ya also got #14 Reyes on a 4 fight streak, Tuivasa at #10 on 4 as well.

Well, Perez and Dvorak are #8 and #14 respectively at fly, both on a 3 fight losing streak. Calvin Kattar is #9 losing 3. Ya also got #14 Reyes on a 4 fight streak, Tuivasa at #10 on 4 as well.

Yeah but they're not losing to bums. Plus FLW, LHW and HW aren't very deep either.

If he expressed interest in staying at LW to fight the Islam/Dustin winner then he'd be ranked higher. Remember that rankings are just a manufactured marketing tool and don't hold any actual merit.
he hasn't commited to LW but he has already expressed A LOT of interest in LW and Islam

Surprised he's that low, but I don't think he should be ranked above Justin for just one win. That's like MMAth.

Thing is there doesn't seem to be a clear and consistent formula for how rankings work, so it's hard to say where he should be. I'd say around Dariush - above guys who never fully broke into the top tier like Moicano, Fiziev, Chandler and Hooker.

Islam
Arman
Charles
Dustin
Max
Gamrot
Gaethje

This is how it should look after 300, can't justify putting Max any higher imo.

Gaethje was ranked #2 when Max beat him, with Arman moving up to #1, everyone behind him moved down a spot. With that said, Max should be ranked #3 putting him behind only Oliveira (who he beat at FW) and Arman as contenders.

I don't understand why his ranking is so low. He should be ahead of Gaethje and boring ass Canrot.

When is Max going to fight in the lightweight division again? Probably not any time soon so there's your answer why he's ranked so low. If he was making a permanent move to the division then yeah he should get the #2 spot. But if he doesn't return to the division for 2+ years then he would just slide down the rankings due to inactivity anyways.

Wut? Knocking out a top contender doesn't make you a top contender? Uh, yeah it does, that's kind of how it works and we get it, you're on Ilia's nuts. Also, are you saying Max ISN'T a top contender at LW after that win?
Gargle Gargle gargle

I said "or else" dumbfuck. Are you drunk or something?
Either way you referenced a 9 year old fight in another weight class and you are arguing for Max to be ranked #2 at LW for winning 1 fight at LW.

What the heck is this list, the person(s) who made this must not watch MMA. Am I crazy or should Max not be ranked #2 right now and not #9? Gaethje could easily have challenged Islam for the belt if not Dustin, he was right at the top. Realistically Max should only be behind Arman, even if you put Dustin ahead of him he still should ranked at least #3.
charge your phone bro

Max isn't 0-15 and the comparison doesn't work at all in league vs combat sport rankings
Comparison is hyperbolic but it is apt. Max has 1 win at LW yet the OP wants him ranked #2, that is silly, #9 is just fine if not too high. This isn't WMMA with divisions that are barren of any talent.

Either way you referenced a 9 year old fight in another weight class and you are arguing for Max to be ranked #2 at LW for winning 1 fight at LW.

That's usually what happens when you beat the #2 guy, Dipshit Jimmy. You seem to have this idea in your head that Max won't fight at LW again.

That's usually what happens when you beat the #2 guy, Dipshit Jimmy. You seem to have this idea in your head that Max won't fight at LW again.
No it has nothing to do with me thinking he wont fight at LW again. Has more to do with my NFL analogy. Beating a guy shouldn't simply parachute you in to their spot. Gathje didn't get 1 win at LW to get the #2 ranking. Max has 1 win at LW and overall is 1-1. ranking him #2 makes no sense.

No it has nothing to do with me thinking he wont fight at LW again. Has more to do with my NFL analogy. Beating a guy shouldn't simply parachute you in to their spot. Gathje didn't get 1 win at LW to get the #2 ranking. Max has 1 win at LW and overall is 1-1. ranking him #2 makes no sense.

Why do you keep trying to compare UFC rankings to the NFL? NFL teams play like 16 or 17 games during the regular season. UFC fighters fight on average twice a year. The UFC doesn't have playoffs. Your stupid ass analogy makes it sound like Holloway needs to go 14-2 at LW to get the #2 spot regardless of beating the #2 contender. UFC fighters that compete in two different divisions almost always take the ranking of the ranked contender that they beat, or at the very least a couple of spots down. For example, if they ranked Holloway at #4 no one would think it's weird. I don't understand why you're having so much trouble wrapping your head around this concept. Islam had 1 ranked win (Hooker) before fighting for the title.

Max is the best matchup for Islam. He's an absolute nightmare to take down. Islam is getting pieced

Back