*** 'McGregor Forever' - Netflix Documentary Discussion Mega Thread ***

I'd expect all MMA fans will give a watch at least once.
Hard no.

There is tons of MMA in this world to watch. ONE, Rizin, ACA, Bellator, PFL, and more. If you're watching the mcregor documentary over any of those promotions, you're effectively disqualified from calling yourself an MMA fan.

Hard no.

There is tons of MMA in this world to watch. ONE, Rizin, ACA, Bellator, PFL, and more. If you're watching the mcregor documentary over any of those promotions, you're effectively disqualified from calling yourself an MMA fan.
<Dany07><36>

Guess I'm no longer an MMA fan guys, Sherdog user EndlessCritic has found me out

It's ok TS. You have done what you believed must be done and there is no changing it now. I salute you for at least making a decision and following through with it.

Downloaded it to watch on the plane to my holiday destination and it was really cool to see what's going on behind the scenes. Was it a coloured series to make McGregor look good? Sure, but not as much as I expected. I think it's actually a fairly accurate take on went on in the post-Mayweather area.

The only thing that's really left out of the equation is his hardcore partying and drinking, but we already know that this, alongside the distractions of business ventures (which are surprisingly minimized in the series) definitely played a negative factor in his fighting career.

It's focused mainly on the 2018-2021 timeline, his downfall years, so to speak, There's a lot of training footage shown, as well as the coping with injuries, the impact of the pandemic, and him growing into a family man.

It also does confirm that his foot was indeed a ballewn while in camp for Khabib, and that the shin was compromised during the Poirier 3 camp. However, we also already know that almost no fighter comes out of a grueling training camp 100% fresh and unscathed before the actual fight.

I still think there's a part of McGregor that's a delusional and occasionally deranged shitbag of a person that doesn't shy away from doing heinous shit, but I don't really see the point of making a moral judgement on his character either, it's all entertainment at the end of the day. And the series was definitely entertaining. Made me wanna go train too.

So, without further ado...

LET THE BATTLE COMMENCE.

boo-this-man-boo.gif
<{clintugh}>

I haven’t watched all of it but pretty disappointing so far. Doesn’t really show us a ton we haven’t already seen in some capacity. Also kind of glosses over the controversies and never really shows the nitty gritty. Don’t really get to find out much about the man behind the myth either as Conor always is very aware he’s being filmed and usually talking directly to the camera. It comes off more like a McGregor hype fluff piece than a real hard hitting documentary.

No man is 100% villain, Hitler for instance was a vegetarian who brought in the first animal rights laws in the world. Saddam Hussein was a wonderful poet who spent most of his free time composing rhymes about nature and god.

Mcgregor, while being a turd does have some affable qualities like his sense of humour, intelligence and ability to communicate with the average Joe.

Back