Mexican gloves various brands

Ok so it's more expensive than the Casanova gloves. Casanovas were super cheap. Only 900MXN. I've learned some Spanish when I was ordering from them. How is the wrist in GIL? I like snug fit in my Casanova gloves. From pictures it looks wider. Can you confirm that?
Maybe Casanova has gone up. I was quoted 1100 pesos. Gil gloves are slimmer than Casanova in the first, but wrist is similar.

Maybe you got some metallic leather. I went standard colors. I've got the lace version.

The lady who sells the Casanova (Necalli rebranded) and Gil gloves just imports them from Mexico. You can go directly to the source if you speak Spanish. I found the Casanova gloves to have a very big pocket and to be quite stiff. I didn't find the Gil to be stiff, quite the opposite. Did not need a long break in period. For me the Gil is far better quality. The Casanova's started tearing at the piping very quickly. Was disappointed. The Gil are going strong and seem to mould to my fist. They fit very comfortably and I can make a really good fist. They just feel so sleek! The Casanova's I like for the heavy bag, but the Gil are better IMHO.

I want to amend my comment. I just bought my second pair of Gil gloves, and they are indeed stiff. Maybe the leather is different? I ordered a pair in the metallic colours. But Vols is correct, I think Gil are stiffer than the Casanovas. My old pair, after the break in period, just felt fantastic. They fit the hand nicely. But I think I'm remembering differently, maybe with more experience with different brands I'm getting to understand them better. So, yes, Gil are stiffer than the Casanovas, and I'm guessing they'll have a longer break in period, because the leather feels really thick and stiff, and the latex foam is really dense.

Guys, I am in need of some help.
I’ve been searching for a set of boxing gloves for boxing, kickboxing, muay thai etc. I’ve had plenty of brands, Winning, Sabas (winning inspired), R2C c17 two different pairs, UMA Custom gloves, (Top) King, Fairtex, Booster, Joya ETC ETC. Currently have a Hayabusa T3 barely used. And I still use my old Booster & Joya Gloves for bag work during Quaraintaine. I however am still searching for a COMPACT glove that sharpens the strikes and somewhat emulate fight gloves or at least give that speedy flow while having proper (Heavy) protection for the knuckles and wrist. Being capable of throwing as hard as I can, obviously while being properly wrapped up. I’ll be doing LOTS of partner drills, sparring and some padwork. When I’ll do only bag/pad work I’ll use another set of gloves. I was planning on making a thread but that wasn’t possible, so I figured I’d post it here. As I think Mexican Gloves are the way to go..?

Thanks in advance guys.

Guys, I am in need of some help.
I’ve been searching for a set of boxing gloves for boxing, kickboxing, muay thai etc. I’ve had plenty of brands, Winning, Sabas (winning inspired), R2C c17 two different pairs, UMA Custom gloves, (Top) King, Fairtex, Booster, Joya ETC ETC. Currently have a Hayabusa T3 barely used. And I still use my old Booster & Joya Gloves for bag work during Quaraintaine. I however am still searching for a COMPACT glove that sharpens the strikes and somewhat emulate fight gloves or at least give that speedy flow while having proper (Heavy) protection for the knuckles and wrist. Being capable of throwing as hard as I can, obviously while being properly wrapped up. I’ll be doing LOTS of partner drills, sparring and some padwork. When I’ll do only bag/pad work I’ll use another set of gloves. I was planning on making a thread but that wasn’t possible, so I figured I’d post it here. As I think Mexican Gloves are the way to go..?

Thanks in advance guys.

Where are you from? I have in stock some Mexican gloves if you decide it.

Have any of you experienced torn thumb attachments on Reyes gloves? I bought a brand new pair from a doctor that realized that he was’t cut out for boxing after one session. They were in perfect condition. Not even so much as a scratch on them. I’ve used them maybe 10 times and now the thumb attachments are tearing on both gloves, right at the seams. SUPER disappointing since Reyes are known for their durability. I contacted Reyes to see if there’s anything that can be done, but I somehow doubt they will help in any way since I have no receipt.

Have any of you experienced torn thumb attachments on Reyes gloves? I bought a brand new pair from a doctor that realized that he was’t cut out for boxing after one session. They were in perfect condition. Not even so much as a scratch on them. I’ve used them maybe 10 times and now the thumb attachments are tearing on both gloves, right at the seams. SUPER disappointing since Reyes are known for their durability. I contacted Reyes to see if there’s anything that can be done, but I somehow doubt they will help in any way since I have no receipt.
I've seen used pairs for sale online before with torn thumb attachments

It's no big deal in terms of the functionality of the gloves. The thumb attachment doesn't do anything for you so long as you make a tight fist properly yourself. Plenty of people cut the attachments on Reyes gloves themselves as often, for some people/gloves, the position that the attachment sets your thumb is not the position that someone would want their thumb when forming a natural fist.

I've seen used pairs for sale online before with torn thumb attachments

It's no big deal in terms of the functionality of the gloves. The thumb attachment doesn't do anything for you so long as you make a tight fist properly yourself. Plenty of people cut the attachments on Reyes gloves themselves as often, for some people/gloves, the position that the attachment sets your thumb is not the position that someone would want their thumb when forming a natural fist.

I saw a thread where someone was talking about that. If I was planning on just using them for bags and pads, def wouldn't have a problem with it, but I intend to spar with them as well. We'll see what they say I guess. I just thought it was crazy that they are tearing after roughly 10 uses.

I saw a thread where someone was talking about that. If I was planning on just using them for bags and pads, def wouldn't have a problem with it, but I intend to spar with them as well. We'll see what they say I guess. I just thought it was crazy that they are tearing after roughly 10 uses.
It shouldn't matter either RE: sparring, if you aren't making a fist properly when you punch it'd only very very slightly increase risk of injury and then you hopefully are making a fist properly anyway so it'd be a non issue. Even if deliberately trying to thumb your opponent with them, it'd still be very hard to do in a foam training glove.

Do you have any other colors of Gil gloves?

Back