cain velasquez
joey beltran
miguel torres
jorge rivera
ricco rodriquez
tito ortiz
leonard garcia
huerta, sanchez, etc.
this has been goin on for a long, long time.

What was the ratio of native Mexican warriors to Spaniards again?

Spaniards original invasion army got there ass kicked badly by Aztecs. They then retreated, regrouped and basically formed an alliance with the enemies of Aztecs that lived next door. So its really the other native coalitions that helped the Spanish win the crucial battles. Also didnt help that Monteczuma was a dumbass leader and basically got disowned by his people in the end. Huge crowds of his people literally stoned him to death while he tried to get them to surrender (he was such a bitch lol)

Most importantly the short time that Spanish where in New world they brought over European diseases that Natives had no natural immunity for. This created an crazy widespread pandemic that was unheard of before. Many historians believe it took out as much as 85% of Native population in a short period of time. Use your brain….really think about what that means. The sheer death toll of Native Americans was apocalyptic. The disease spread so much and Natives had no natural immunity to it. From there it was easy for the Spanish to take over Mexico and eventually rest of Latin America.

Hell the powerful Tarascans(purapecha) who where chief Rivals of Aztec Empire even had to surrender as there populations dwindled. The disease destroyed there entire society, many politicians gone, there organized military command structure fell apart as leaders got sick. No real way to fight smart.
———
*side story* The Aztecs where bullies in central Mexico and punked everyone (especially the Otomi, Yair Rodriguez literal ancestors lol) So the Aztecs feeling cocky went to go take over the Tarascans next door, and got beatdown. They got expelled fast. After that the Tarascan set up guard towers and had security on duty 24/7 lol. They also used Otomis (Yairs people) as spies so they could know the Aztecs movement since Otomi where living on Aztecs land as there bitch. (Land was formerly the Otomis)
————-
Back to main point
When the Spanish showed up to Tarascan territory, the rulers decided not to fight and actually decided to be on friendly terms. This payed off and Tarascan royalty got cushy political jobs with backing of Spanish Crown and kept there land which is literally what the Mexican state of Michoacan now is.

Anywho. The unintended European disease is basically what won the Spanish Latin America. Meso America was a very strong empire and likely would have kicked the Spanishes ass if at full power.

None of this of course gets properly covered in History class since there is a clear bias toward Europeans culture. With the common narrative that Europeans had a technological advantage lol.

Last edited:
*Friendly Reminder this is what Mexico looked like before Europeans. The Natives in Mexico/Central America had Empires. They where not nomadic or illiterate like Natives that England fought. The Meso Americans had math, poets, doctors, street cleaners (one of the cleanest cities in world at time) they even had fucken barbers lol

8cfacd8470c8976730ee6a90f208b603.jpg

R.caba07fae703ee59530fee39745e0e8f

Map of tenochtitlan before Spanish ruined it and put Mexico City on top by draining water.

The Aztecs literally had a water fortress city, and with complex, extravagant water canals floating gardens. Was way nicer than those venice Canals people hype.
2ab970f64097dcb4e04326fbae96f54c.jpg

12124019763_0b14961a13.jpg

Tenochtitlan-Tacubaya.png

Water gardens
R.e71c1de13bdb6909f417e6bb92657cfe

They where amazing people

I agree with everything you wrote. I was just alluding to the original Cortez force which numbered 300 (completely off of the top of my head) vs 100,000 (also off of the top of my head) when they entered the Aztec capital.
The Spaniards had motherfucking stones. This cannot be denied. That's why they needed horses. To carry the fucking things.
They things they did cannot be excused however.

Spaniards original invasion army got there ass kicked badly by Aztecs. They then retreated, regrouped and basically formed an alliance with the enemies of Aztecs that lived next door. So its really the other native coalitions that helped the Spanish win the crucial battles. Also didnt help that Monteczuma was a dumbass leader and basically got disowned by his people in the end. Huge crowds of his people literally stoned him to death while he tried to get them to surrender (he was such a bitch lol)

Most importantly the short time that Spanish where in New world they brought over European diseases that Natives had no natural immunity for. This created an crazy widespread pandemic that was unheard of before. Many historians believe it took out as much as 85% of Native population in a short period of time. Use your brain….really think about what that means. The sheer death toll of Native Americans was apocalyptic. The disease spread so much and Natives had no natural immunity to it. From there it was easy for the Spanish to take over Mexico and eventually rest of Latin America.

Hell the powerful Tarascans(purapecha) who where chief Rivals of Aztec Empire even had to surrender as there populations dwindled. The disease destroyed there entire society, many politicians gone, there organized military command structure fell apart as leaders got sick. No real way to fight smart.
———
*side story* The Aztecs where bullies in central Mexico and punked everyone (especially the Otomi, Yair Rodriguez literal ancestors lol) So the Aztecs feeling cocky went to go take over the Tarascans next door, and got beatdown. They got expelled fast lol. After that the Tarascan set up guard towers and had security on duty 24/7 lol. They also used Otomis (Yairs people) as spies so they could know the Aztecs movement since Otomi where living on Aztecs land as there bitch. (Land was formerly the Otomis)
————-
Back to main point
When the Spanish showed up to Tarascan territory, the rulers decided not to fight and actually decided to be on friendly terms. This payed off and Tarascan royalty got cushy political jobs with backing of Spanish Crown and kept there land which is literally what the Mexican state of Michoacan now is.

Anywho. The unintended European disease is basically what won the Spanish Latin America. Meso America was a very strong empire and likely would have kicked the Spanishes ass if at full power.

None of this of course gets properly covered in History class since there is a clear bias toward Europeans culture. With the common narrative that Europeans had a technological advantage lol.

I agree with everything you wrote. I was just alluding to the original Cortez force which numbered 300 (completely off of the top of my head) vs 100,000 (also off of the top of my head) when they entered the Aztec capital.
The Spaniards had motherfucking stones. This cannot be denied. That's why they needed horses. To carry the fucking things.
They things they did cannot be excused however.

No doubt the Spanish where ballsy, probably low key crazy to lol . Think the blind hunger for gold and finding riches(which they did get) really spurred them on to fight. Think Alot of the spanish that where fighting Aztec where broke or of low standing. Don’t remember to well, been long while since I read this stuff.

But yea they had balls and them forming an alliance with other Natives that hated the Aztecs. Was a brilliant move.

*Friendly Reminder this is what Mexico looked like before Europeans. The Natives in Mexico/Central America had Empires. They where not nomadic or illiterate like Natives that England fought. The Meso Americans had math, poets, doctors, street cleaners (one of the cleanest cities in world at time) they even had fucken barbers lol

Map of tenochtitlan before Spanish ruined it and put Mexico City on top by draining water.

The Aztecs literally had a water fortress city, and with complex, extravagant water canals floating gardens. Was way nicer than those venice Canals people hype.

Water gardens

I love stuff like that, thank you and I am not even a Mexican or something like that. I agree with you; nowadays we got the historical bias aka eurocentric view of world history. Europeans were pretty useless people back in the day except for the Greeks and Italians who actually absorbed everything from the Middle East.

The Mormons conquered Northern Mexico -- Mitt Romney tribe owns settlements south of the border. What's up with that?

If Mitt conquers you -- I don't want to hear about warrior class. Throw Mitt and his ilk out of meh hee koe -- but we don't want him either. Maybe we can make a deal with Canada.

Not if those Eurasian fighters have anything to say about it

Water gardens

Thank you Neil for that incredibly irrelevant presentation.

I love stuff like that, thank you and I am not even a Mexican or something like that. I agree with you; nowadays we got the historical bias aka eurocentric view of world history. Europeans were pretty useless people back in the day except for the Greeks and Italians who actually absorbed everything from the Middle East.

Keep coping, a few hundred Spanish run roughshod over the entire continent with nothing but swords and shields. Draw a square around the UK, France, Germany and Italy and you have 95% of all important scientific and cultural creations in history. It's eurocentric for a reason.

Water gardens

You're overrating them......The best Native warrior Genetics are Northern Mexican/Baijo Genetics, AKA Chichimecs, which is the "barbarian" type equivalents of the Native World..............There's a reason why the Aztecs couldn't take this region, the people there were straight up badasses/savages that didn't bend the knee unlike the Aztecs who quickly fell.

GRAN_CHICHIMECA.jpg

Oddly enough, if you see where the best fighters are from, it's from that region.....Canelo is from that region...........IMO opinion northern native genetics are way better for combat.......Mexico city and lower genetics are different native genetics(Usually they are way shorter), much more different.

The Spaniards couldn't conquer them either, they tried to but faced hardcore resistance that they decided to buy them off/do peace deals.......Way more badass than the Aztecs who quickly fell.

Aztecs origin story is that they from the north so they are sort of related, but it's clear the real badass/savage genetics stayed up north, while all the knee benders stayed in the Aztec Empire building pyramids n shit.......which is great to make pyramids(it's great to have a bunch of knee benders/slaves for that), but they don't make the best warriors.

Also considering the Origin Story of how they just came from the north and took over.....It just goes to show that Northern Native Genetics were better suited for combat....They literally just went down south and took over a bunch of Central Mexican/South Mexican Natives lol.

They were similar to how the Mongols/Barbarians were the best warriors even though there was other civilizations at the time with better tech/settlements.

francisco-tenamaztle-6f622f69-eb18-48fd-a6ac-101dab10db5-resize-750.png

So yeah, if you're gonna talk shit about Yair's Ancestors, you gotta talk shit about pussy Aztecs knee bending and Monteczuma being a complete idiot......I guess the ChiChimecs saw the stupidity of the Aztec Empire thus never joined them.

Last edited:
Back