Media Michael Chandler: "Man I wanna fight Islam so bad" after possible KO of Conor McGregor

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

cliffs

- thinks win over Conor will lead to title shot
- once he finishes Conor he thinks that kind of platform & buzz will lead to Islam fight
- "Man I wanna fight Islam so bad"
- says he has a ton of respect for Islam, stands corrected and admits to picking against him multiple times

Last edited:
If Conor wins he'll get a title shot. I can see why Chandler thinks that will also apply to him. I don't believe it will, though.

Some people may not like it but I think Chandler is right on the money. If he finishes Conor in explosive viral fashion (let's say it's the main event of UFC 300) and the PPV does a huge amount of buys as expected I think the UFC would let him fight for the title in his next fight regardless of the perceived lack of merit.

cliffs

- thinks win over Conor will lead to title shot
- once he finishes Conor he thinks that kind of platform & buzz will lead to Islam fight
- "Man I wanna fight Islam so bad"
- says he has a ton of respect, stands correct, admits to picking against him multiple times

That's some wishful thinking from Chandler. This new UFC/WWE might just give Conor the title shot even after Chandler KOs Conor.

Chandler's fight IQ won't win him any high profile fight and that's sucks he has all the tools. He won't past Conor also he is already defeated atleast the one good thing for Chandler is he will make a bag. Conor by double shoulder strike.

I’m very interested in seeing someone bum rush Makhachev. Everyone is so tentative and cautious. I’m interested in that fight.

Such a shame the current champ wants to only fight for the 170 title or/and retire. So many fun match ups for him at LW left.

Stop it Mike…he is going lay down for Conor and enjoy that bag you make. He’s gonna be 38 next year just a reminder. Let’s be realistic.

UFC just needs to put out more ranked LW matches so we can make sense of the division, more than just a win over Canner.

So many? Like which? Certainly not Chandler or Conor.
We got Arman hype going on, some people want to see him against Justin, some, including my self, want to see the Charles rematch. There were people who wanted to see Gamrot instead of Volkanovski 2, etc. Styles make fights.

7/18/21 interview.

Islam has since finished Hooker and Green, as well as finished Oliviera for the belt, then has defended against Volk twice, and will have defended again at least once, likely Charles come January.

Whereas Chandler has: lost to Justin, beat Tony, then lost to Dustin...

Yeah, sure, beating Conor is really gonna make up that gap.

Back