Mike Perry calls out actor

it read as if you were saying it was superior.

but i'd say in a fight situation it's highly unlikely white could maintain superior technique even if he had it in training, even compared to perry.

I honestly don't think I've ever even seen one of White's movies. I only know who he is from people posting about him on here. Wiki says he's a martial artist in 8 different styles. Like I said before, a lot of trainers don't fight either.. That doesn't mean they can't teach techniques. And yes, I know he's not a professional trainer. It doesn't mean he can't teach someone something.

Plus he's 52 fucking years old . If Perry couldn't beat him in a fight, he should just quit because Perry has mostly proven he's just a guy who can take a lot of punishment.

Perry will be working a regular 9-5 job within a few years talking about the good ole UFC days. He's not a high caliber opponent, but more like a punching bag that swings back. He really isn't even a gatekeeper, even more irrelevant than that in the UFC.

He's 6-6 in the UFC and my guess is he finishes his UFC career with a loosing record.

Now before you call me a hater, i'm not, but what shit sportsmanship vs Hyun Gyu Lim at the weigh ins, he carries himself like straight up dummy and that bully shit that gives the UFC and MMA a dumb meathead reputation. Not true Martial Arts Respect.

Michael Jai White by KO <45>

Last edited:
I hope Perry kicks his ass. The dude was shit talking Bruce Lee acting like he is a real fighter. Take the fight then puss. Perry isn't scared of shit Homeboy. {<Scared}

It's a lot more real. Nothing is exactly the same as a "no rules" fight but to act like MMA isn't at least much CLOSER is ridiculous

I disagree. You have a lot of disciplines where their joint manipulation holds would end a fight instantly with the one person having a spiral fracture or a dislocated joint. Those techniques are all illegal in MMA.

Perry would rape this guy.
There's a huge difference between "lifelong traditional martial artist" and a professional fighter.
Perry would just eat him alive.
Let's see if this actor can get past seagal first

I disagree. You have a lot of disciplines where their joint manipulation holds would end a fight instantly with the one person having a spiral fracture or a dislocated joint. Those techniques are all illegal in MMA.

You are talking small joint manipulation? That's not totally invalid but the ability to apply those holds in full contact, full speed situations comes into question.

And more importantly, the point is that MMA is CLOSER (not 100% there, but CLOSER) to an "actual fight" than other disciplines. With what you're talking about, everyone has to basically take the word of an instructor that the techniques work and are easily applicable to a real combat situation. Why? Because nobody is fully demonstrating them in actual combat and getting fingers broken or dislocated just to show it works.

Some of the replies on the actor's tweet were completely delusional. He looks like a million bucks kicking a stuntman or whatever but he would get wrecked by any pro fighter.

MJW has trained w/ our facility many times throughout the years. He's a bonafide martial artist & solid human being to boot.

Perry will be working a regular 9-5 job within a few years talking about the good ole UFC days. He's not a high caliber opponent, but more like a punching bag that swings back. He really isn't even a gatekeeper, even more irrelevant than that in the UFC.

He's 6-6 in the UFC and my guess is he finishes his UFC career with a loosing record.

Now before you call me a hater, i'm not, but what shit sportsmanship vs Hyun Gyu Lim at the weigh ins, he carries himself like straight up dummy and that bully shit that gives the UFC and MMA a dumb meathead reputation. Not true Martial Arts Respect.

Michael Jai White by KO <45>

UFC would release a guy with such a huge fanbase? Are you for real

Can people stop with this. Sage northcutt was a lifelong martial artist too. Flashy choreography martial arts like TKD are trash in mma. Perry would bully this guy against the cage and hellbow him unconscious

Here's the problem with that Sage is like 23, Michael's 52 and has been training since he was 7. That's almost twice as long as Sage has been alive. Micheal also has good wrestling and has been doing BJJ for a long ass time. Perry wouldn't be able to take him down, and no way he could out muscle him and clinch him against the cage. He could definitely KO him with a hay maker. But it's not like Perry's some well rounded master, he's a brawling machine. Not saying MJW would beat Perry, but he would give him a hellova fight at worst. A WW with heavy hands against a big ass HW who's faster, has dope kicks and great reflexes. A fight I'd like to see honestly.

Here's the problem with that Sage is like 23, Michael's 52 and has been training since he was 7. That's almost twice as long as Sage has been alive. Micheal also has good wrestling and has been doing BJJ for a long ass time. Perry wouldn't be able to take him down, and no way he could out muscle him and clinch him against the cage. He could definitely KO him with a hay maker. But it's not like Perry's some well rounded master, he's a brawling machine. Not saying MJW would beat Perry, but he would give him a hellova fight at worst. A WW with heavy hands against a big ass HW who's faster, has dope kicks and great reflexes. A fight I'd like to see honestly.

I may be wrong, but:
- no matter how long you trained, at 52 it's extremely hard to be as good as in your 30s.
- we don't know anything about MJW's chin
- we haven't seen MHW in a hard sparring
- those flashy kicks he does look great on camera, but I haven't seen those in MMA (watch the video below)
- how do you know he has heavy hands? I haven't seen him doing hard bag work and I've searched his videos in the last days, because I didn't know much about him. He has speed, technique and he knows a lot, but no hard sparring video, no hard bag video.

Who does this in MMA?

He has this extra-light sparring
I haven't seen these types of moves in MMA
Maybe because they don't work?

Source he wrestled?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised a d list actor who makes shitty "fighting" movies is popular on sherdog, probably same people who like pro wrestling

This place is hilarious.
52 year old elderly bum ass karate actor would have a chance against 28 year old professional ufc fighter?
Stop it.

This place is hilarious.
52 year old elderly bum ass karate actor would have a chance against 28 year old professional ufc fighter?
Stop it.
You guys shit on Karate as if it's ballet or something completely unrelated to fighting. WTF.

Here's a 40 year old pure Karate guy who is a full time doctor (!) smoking your typical tough-man tatooed american MT-based MMA pro with 3x more fight experience:

And while we're mentioning 40 year old Karate guys, Chinzo Machida (Lyoto's older bro) has BARELY trained any grappling in his life but managed to smash a buncha fools in standup.

YnmE0Kk.gif

Imagine thinking a professional fighter, ranked 20th in the world in the main MMA organisation would beat a 50+ year old actor in a fight.

People be retards.
Perry's ranking at ww is irrelevant, since MJW is 220+lbs. Their fight would have to be at HW were they to fight.

Remind me again what Perry's HW ranking is?

Sage has only lost three fights, and all of his losses have come against bigger guys. He's 11-3 in MMA at 23 years old, and already had a 15-0 record in kickboxing.

I'll concede that Alexandre broke his face badly, but how does he keep getting destroyed? His record is pretty good for a 'non fighter', and a lot better than Perry's.

Hes an idiot, dont bother.

Faster? He's in his 50.

Back