Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

My nephew got out of the Army (why I don't know, he had a great opportunity to finish up college) a few months back, he was supposed to go back in. He ballooned up in weight and was going to workout with a recruiter to get back to pass the P.T. test, then Corona hit and all of that is on indefinite suspension.

Got a big stupid smart ass mouth.
When I was in high school my dad told an emergency room Dr., who was stitching me up for the second time that month, that “he isn’t very big, but his mouth thinks he weighs 250”.
<45>
That was great!
Should have joined the U.S. Army. You would have fit right in...

Hey @Strychnine, tell us that story again about being in the Air Force and having an Airman get in a bar fight. What was expected of you. That was one of the best all time quotes by an NCO.

Last edited:
He ballooned up in weight and was going to workout with a recruiter to get back to pass the P.T. test, then Corona hit and all of that is on indefinite suspension.
Yeah, I don't know how long schools can remain closed. I don't know about the summer months. They say heat and sunlight kills the virus, but I would give it another 6 months. Imagine a virus breakout in a place like Ft. Benning, GA, where the Army has thousands of soldiers going through training. Infantry Basic and AIT, Airborne, Ranger, OCS, IOBC and God know what else.

<45>
That was great!
Should have joined the U.S. Army. You would have fit right in...

Hey @Strychnine, tell us that story again about being in the Air Force and having an Airman get in a bar fight. What was expected of you. That was one of the best all time quotes by an NCO.

Please join me on a stroll down the flightline of nostalgia...

I was a newly assigned, wet behind the ears, damp-butt greenie at my first base. There were two other FNG's with me and we were on the catwalk of the dorm, hanging out and getting used to our new surroundings.

One of the NCO's (I'll call him Big Dog) came up to us and said "Yo, you all are the new guys, right?" I'm "Big Dog" and if you have any questions, let me know." One of the guys asked "What's the Enlisted club like?"

Big Dog said "Maaaannn those civilian babes come up in there and they get BUCK-WILD! It can get pretty hairy in there so here's the rule for us Medics so pay attention.

If there's a fellow medic in there, they're fighting and we get word that any ONE of you weren't diving in there like *ucking Superman to help out? When you get back here, it's your @$$."

We all said "We got it Big Dog!"

He said, "You won't have a problem from me then and I got your back."

Thank goodness, I never had to Superman whilst I was there! :)

"If there's a fellow medic in there, they're fighting and we get word that any ONE of you weren't diving in there like *ucking Superman to help out? When you get back here, it's your @$$."

So,
I've been out of the military for a few years now. I'm wondering how folks on Active Duty and the Reserves are doing these days of COVID-19. Is your unit still training? Is the Guard still doing monthly drills? What percentage is being told to stay at home? Will there be basic training this summer? Airborne school? Ranger school? BUD/S Training?
Cheers...
@heavyarms21, @Mike Hagger
I’m an instructor now and we have no class and are quarantined, my work schedule is sending a text in the morning.

It’s kind of that way across the board in our regiment.

Please join me on a stroll down the flightline of nostalgia...

I was a newly assigned, wet behind the ears, damp-butt greenie at my first base. There were two other FNG's with me and we were on the catwalk of the dorm, hanging out and getting used to our new surroundings.

One of the NCO's (I'll call him Big Dog) came up to us and said "Yo, you all are the new guys, right?" I'm "Big Dog" and if you have any questions, let me know." One of the guys asked "What's the Enlisted club like?"

Big Dog said "Maaaannn those civilian babes come up in there and they get BUCK-WILD! It can get pretty hairy in there so here's the rule for us Medics so pay attention.

If there's a fellow medic in there, they're fighting and we get word that any ONE of you weren't diving in there like *ucking Superman to help out? When you get back here, it's your @$$."

We all said "We got it Big Dog!"

He said, "You won't have a problem from me then and I got your back."

Thank goodness, I never had to Superman whilst I was there! :)
You medics seemed like a cool group. I was a cop, but did my EMT Training, then Advanced cardiac life support back at Lackland, then a Trauma Medicine course with the army in San Antonio.
I drank too much on the Riverwalk, but those classes were fun and hard work.
I broke my knee in South Dakota doing Aikido, so got pulled off of the flight line and became a dorm manager. Medics and cops mostly in my building.
You guys and gals could party! Half of my job seemed to be keeping you out of trouble.

I got another one from when I was the NCOIC of a different base...

I always told my Airmen when I arrived that if anything goes down, let me know FIRST. If I know, I can get out in front and mitigate the situation, if not... All I can do is stand by and watch the carnage.

One of my subordinates had gone out on the town and got into a fracas with another enlisted man. He told me about it first thing and it was basically two drunk dudes fighting over something stupid.

I was at the window and I was dispensing meds to a patient who looked like he'd been sparring... HARD. I told him the spiel and what to look out for and how to take it. We got to talking and he said he was playing tackle football.

I had went to the back to get a swig of water and my troop came up to me an said "THAT was the guy!" I said "What happened to his forehead?!?" My troop told me that he pulled a Pride level Shogun and soccer kicked him.

:eek:

I got another one from when I was the NCOIC of a different base...

I always told my Airmen when I arrived that if anything goes down, let me know FIRST. If I know, I can get out in front and mitigate the situation, if not... All I can do is stand by and watch the carnage.

One of my subordinates had gone out on the town and got into a fracas with another enlisted man. He told me about it first thing and it was basically two drunk dudes fighting over something stupid.

I was at the window and I was dispensing meds to a patient who looked like he'd been sparring... HARD. I told him the spiel and what to look out for and how to take it. We got to talking and he said he was playing tackle football.

I had went to the back to get a swig of water and my troop came up to me an said "THAT was the guy!" I said "What happened to his forehead?!?" My troop told me that he pulled a Pride level Shogun and soccer kicked him.

:eek:
Pride was fun to watch but goddamn, soccer kicks shouldn’t have been legal. Lol

Everyone looking like they just outta basic. Clippers and a #1. Fuck it. Let's roll.
i got one of my gf's to cut my hair. #4 on top and #1 on the sides and blend it in. she did remarkably well

Or is it like girlfriends, like you’re into showtunes and shit a.k.a. a bundle of sticks. NTTATWWT

Last edited:
beb8956565cf299cb5a2318f992e11e0.jpg

Dam. I'm gonna have PTSD now.
thanks.
where is the suit and those wonderful gloves?
I fuckin hated my gear during those hot, humid, summer, week-long exercises. Lol.

I missed out on a Jeopardy! tryout because I just got done with a weeklong exercise and I worked the night shift. I reeked of twice warmed, leftover, congealed funk and had charcoal powder in every orifice.

<GOT4>

Back