Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Should've turned down HSST and then joined another branch.
That was an option, but I know my chances to get Gunny were solid with or without an SDA. Plus Im not going to weasel my way out of a HSST if I'm healthy, and singe and flexible, to move. I'm in a solid position to be successful on any of these SDAs , the main thing that would get me in trouble is calling out motherfuckers that are so far removed from the Fleet on their bullshit.

That was an option, but I know my chances to get Gunny were solid with or without an SDA. Plus Im not going to weasel my way out of a HSST if I'm healthy, and singe and flexible, to move. I'm in a solid position to be successful on any of these SDAs , the main thing that would get me in trouble is calling out motherfuckers that are so far removed from the Fleet on their bullshit.
Those fuckers who try to stay on the drill field as long as they can...
It's 10 years to make SSgt now, right? I definitely would've been up or outed. <Lmaoo>

Those fuckers who try to stay on the drill field as long as they can...
It's 10 years to make SSgt now, right? I definitely would've been up or outed. <Lmaoo>

Yup. I'm trying to do 3 more cycles and drop a 30 month request to PCA to the Airstation then drop my an extension to get to 20 and my appendix J 14 months out from 20 for my retirement.

Yup. I'm trying to do 3 more cycles and drop a 30 month request to PCA to the Airstation then drop my an extension to get to 20 and my appendix J 14 months out from 20 for my retirement.
You have 30 months left? I thought it was only 36.

I have 18 months left. But 12 months gets me to 30 months on the Island and I would rate the Ribbon and I know a couple of squadrons on the Airstation will have Gunny Slots open by then .

I have 18 months left. But 12 months gets me to 30 months on the Island and I would rate the Ribbon and I know a couple of squadrons on the Airstation will have Gunny Slots open by then .
Cycles as a Series Guns or cycles as a DI or SDI?

Cycles as a Series Guns or cycles as a DI or SDI?

I'm a SDI next cycle. Probably will do another one as an SDI , will possibly do one as a Chief Drill Instructor ( They call them that now instead of Series Guns ) I'm a CDI at STC right now so that's a GySgt/1stSgt Prep Fit Rep.

You know what’s an awesome marine infantry job. Gunner. I’ve met a few. Seemed like good marines with an interesting role. Obviously no warrant officer exist in the army infantry. He’s mix of the SGM and a BN Operations guy but an advisor directly to the CO.

It was funny though this army SSG kept calling the Gunner a Gunny. He didn’t know.

You know what’s an awesome marine infantry job. Gunner. I’ve met a few. Seemed like good marines with an interesting role. Obviously no warrant officer exist in the army infantry. He’s mix of the SGM and a BN Operations guy but an advisor directly to the CO.

It was funny though this army SSG kept calling the Gunner a Gunny. He didn’t know.
It's an awesome job because you apparently never have to show up for work.

Weird seems like there’s a fair amount of responsibility according the job description.
Probably. It's kind of a meme thing though if you're in a rifle company. "Where's mortars?" and "Where's the Gunner?"

758b00kx6vn41.jpg

Probably. It's kind of a meme thing though if you're in a rifle company. "Where's mortars?" and "Where's the Gunner?"

758b00kx6vn41.jpg
Yeah I gotcha. Seems warrant officers are weird no matter the branch. Pretty sure one of the longest running jokes in SF, is doing team PT and the warrant either being out of shape or MIA.

Yeah I gotcha. Seems warrant officers are weird no matter the branch. Pretty sure one of the longest running jokes in SF, is doing team PT and the warrant either being out of shape or MIA.
I only ever saw WOs when it was some sort of battalion function.

Not sure how Warrant works in the Corps, I've seen plenty of Warrants in the CG not get pissed when called Chief, usually in some heat of the moment stuff, most were Chiefs before they went kinda over to the other side.....granted this was junior enlisted only...I don't think our JOs would dare.

In the CG most are pretty legit. You can't even sniff making warrant till E-6 making 7 (outside of a few cases legal and medical come to mind)....and our selection process is pretty hard for certain specialties. IME in the CG, W-'s get a shit-ton of leeway and respect. They have to seriously fuck up to get heat from the senior O's, and that's usually because the senior Es can't even tolorate their shit.

In the CG most are pretty legit. You can't even sniff making warrant till E-6 making 7 (outside of a few cases legal and medical come to mind)....and our selection process is pretty hard for certain specialties. IME in the CG, W-'s get a shit-ton of leeway and respect. They have to seriously fuck up to get heat from the senior O's, and that's usually because the senior Es can't even tolorate their shit.
For sure. That’s generally how CWOs are received in the rest of the army. There’s an odd dynamic on sf odas, the e8 team sgt is probably the most coveted position in the regiment. It’s also highly respected. Frankly for all intensive purposes he runs the team. The e8 works with a o3, who just graduated the qualification course so he’s very green. Learning sf takes many years, so the o3 has to have a lot of trust in the team sgt. Both need to work together but the tm sgt drives, if that makes sense.

Then there’s the chief. Who has a specific role on a team but at the same time, many teams function just fine without a warrant. Their stipulated job can be covered down on by the o3 and e8. So sometimes guys wonder why even have one on a team - not to say they’re useless, it’s really great to have one.

Then like I said e8 is the job people want, eventually, so a lot of warrants are enlisted guys who never would have made e8. So there’s stigma around that because of who the warrants are. Again plenty are phenomenal and are highly respected.

Not sure how Warrant works in the Corps, I've seen plenty of Warrants in the CG not get pissed when called Chief, usually in some heat of the moment stuff, most were Chiefs before they went kinda over to the other side.....granted this was junior enlisted only...I don't think our JOs would dare.
CWOs are just "sir" in the USMC. Gotta keep things simple. Same thing with Generals.

CWOs are just "sir" in the USMC. Gotta keep things simple. Same thing with Generals.

That said, yes they should be "Sir'd", so don't expect to get away with more than one chief screwup

Back