Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

I can't recall if I ever posted this in the thread but veterans can score free tickets to events in your area. Unfortunately, anything awesome in my state happens around 4 hours away. :(

If you're in Florida, you can score free tickets to FREAKING PANTERA, TODAY, Feb 3. 2024!!!

Dangit, Georgia! Get your @$$ in GEAR!

What's this about?
Females in BUD/s and why we may never see a female in a SEAL team.
Ranger School grads who never served in regiment are still eligible for Army Ranger license plates here in GA. Reminds me of awhile back on here when some dipshit made a thread claiming that was supposedly stolen valor.
Do they have plates for Airborne school and Air Assault school?
Ranger school graduates are not Rangers. The yellow/black tab only represents graduation from a school.
This is a U.S. Army Ranger:
1706991910954.png

Do they have plates for Airborne school and Air Assault school?
Ranger school graduates are not Rangers. The yellow/black tab only represents graduation from a school.
This is a U.S. Army Ranger:
View attachment 1027617
R1_Large.jpg

Yeah! I would consider that a form of 'Stolen Valor.'
The plates claim the driver is a U.S. Army Ranger. Did he serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment?
Why are the plates using the WWII Ranger patch? That is neither the school tab nor the Regiment scroll.
It is like saying I attended 1 week of Marine Corps boot camp and that makes me a Marine.
But, hey! It is the new 'woke,' 'progressive' America.

Yeah! I would consider that a form of 'Stolen Valor.'
The plates claim the driver is a U.S. Army Ranger. Did he serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment?
Why are the plates using the WWII Ranger patch? That is neither the school tab nor the Regiment scroll.
It is like saying I attended 1 week of Marine Corps boot camp and that makes me a Marine.
But, hey! It is the new 'woke,' 'progressive' America.
It's not stolen valor.

He is not a Ranger.
The plates should read "U.S. Army Ranger School Graduate."
That's Georgia for you.
In California, you are considered a U.S. Navy SEAL if you watched 'Lone Survivor,' or 'American Sniper.' :)
Okay, but that's not stolen valor.

Also Georgia is still a red state so I'm not sure what your comment about "that's GA for you" has to do with going "woke."

Okay, but that's not stolen valor.
Yes, it is!
Ranger school does not make you a Ranger in the U.S. Army. It is just a school and a tab. Rangers are assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment. Just like Airborne school does not make you a Paratrooper in the U.S. Army. To be a Paratrooper you have to be assigned to an Airborne unit (82nd Airborne Division) and be on jump status.

Again, does one week at Marine Corps boot camp make you a Marine or do you have to graduate?
Is a Marine Raider the same as a regular Marine?

* Available to: Tennessee residents who are active, retired, or honorably discharged members of a U.S. Army Ranger unit, or who are graduates of the U.S. Army Ranger School. -- U.S. Army Ranger vs U.S. Army Ranger School Graduate. You can show the tab on the plates but take out the "U.S. Army Ranger" at the bottom.

Same for: 'U.S. Army Paratrooper' vs 'U.S. Army Airborne School Graduate.' Apples and Oranges.

Obviously, Tennessee and Georgia do not know the difference between Ranger school and what a Ranger is.
Tab only: Ranger School Graduate
Tab & Scroll: Ranger

* Post #8043 above.

Last edited:
Yes, it is!
Ranger school does not make you a Ranger in the U.S. Army. It is just a school and a tab. Rangers are assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment. Just like Airborne school does not make you a Paratrooper in the U.S. Army. To be a Paratrooper you have to be assigned to an Airborne unit (82nd Airborne Division) and be on jump status.

Again, does one week at Marine Corps boot camp make you a Marine or do you have to graduate?

* Available to: Tennessee residents who are active, retired, or honorably discharged members of a U.S. Army Ranger unit, or who are graduates of the U.S. Army Ranger School. -- U.S. Army Ranger vs U.S. Army Ranger School Graduate. You can show the tab on the plates but take out the "U.S. Army Ranger" at the bottom.

Same for: 'U.S. Army Paratrooper' vs 'U.S. Army Airborne School Graduate.' Apples and Oranges.

Obviously, Tennessee and Georgia do not know the difference between Ranger school and what a Ranger is.

* Post #8043 above.
<Fedor23>

Speaking of, I think I saw Ranger Ross at the grocery store today. I didn't wanna bother him though.

@San Marino How do you feel about prior service marines in the Guard wearing combat patches even though it's not authorized?

<NotListening>

Yes, it is!

* Post #8043 above.

In Florida, you don't even need to present a DD214 to get U.S. Paratrooper plates. You can be a 5 jump chump or a fraud. You just give them money.

@San Marino How do you feel about prior service marines in the Guard wearing combat patches even though it's not authorized?
Not authorized by whom? The USMC?
I don't have an issue with it if they were attached to an Army unit.
The Corps should let Ranger qualified Marines wear their Ranger tab in their uniform - not hidden on the inside of their pocket flap.
Marines who completed Airborne school and only did the required school jumps wear the U.S. Army jump wings.

Not authorized by whom? The USMC?
I don't have an issue with it if they were attached to an Army unit.
The Corps should let Ranger qualified Marines wear their Ranger tab in their uniform - not hidden on the inside of their pocket flap.
Marines who completed Airborne school and only did the required school jumps wear the U.S. Army jump wings.
Not authorized by the Army.

Back