MLB Discussion Thread v1: Eat Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
FdtX0szWIAEFPD-

Wasn't 08 worse since it happened again on the final day and it was the last game ever in Shea Stadium?
At least the WC exists now. I remember 93 when the Giants went 103-59 and completely missed the playoffs on the last day of the season because they lost to a Dodgers team that was below .500

07 and 08 were both last day back to back. Absolutley brutal 2 years. I was at the penultimate 07 game where the Mets won and it was like they were building you up to get boned. But yeah the whole experience was bad I'd have stopped watching anyway cause ADD but that certainly didn't help.

I think the WC hurts baseball(even if it helps meh teams) because baseball had this college football thing when it was on top where you needed to have the best record to win the pennnat or close to it to win the division. Pre WC and especially pre 69 baseball had a certain magic to it that people today just don't understand. That ain't everything the sport is super slow too but that structure made all these 162 games matter and games mattering helps. That was a huge part of the sport seducing 20th century America.

07 and 08 were both last day back to back. Absolutley brutal 2 years. I was at the penultimate 07 game where the Mets won and it was like they were building you up to get boned. But yeah the whole experience was bad I'd have stopped watching anyway cause ADD but that certainly didn't help.

I think the WC hurts baseball(even if it helps meh teams) because baseball had this college football thing when it was on top where you needed to have the best record to win the pennnat or close to it to win the division. Pre WC and especially pre 69 baseball had a certain magic to it that people today just don't understand. That ain't everything the sport is super slow too but that structure made all these 162 games matter and games mattering helps. That was a huge part of the sport seducing 20th century America.
I can't hate on the WC too much since that's how the Marlins won the WS. The best thing to do IMO would be to get rid of divisions and just take the top four in each league. It's retarded that the Giants and Dodgers had to play each other in the first round last year.

I still hate the Braves but it's amusing how Mets fans are trying to spin this on r/Baseball. "We're not choking, the Braves are just playing great baseball." 1-7 at home this month against the Cubs/Marlins/Nats. :eek:

I still hate the Braves but it's amusing how Mets fans are trying to spin this on r/Baseball. "We're not choking, the Braves are just playing great baseball." 1-7 at home this month against the Cubs/Marlins/Nats. :eek:
Braves are about to play 13 games in a row while tomorrow will be Mets 3rd day off in a week

Nah, got the house all to myself Saturday going to be an indulgence of CFB, Braves, and chili.
That's right, Bama's @ Arky. Too bad they canned it up as usual against A&M.

It's a tie for the NL East counting your eggs before they hatch is why you blew a 28-3 lead.
I had nothing to do with it and this is two different sports you dumb sack of shit

Judge just hit 61
I had not watched a single AB in weeks of his. Turned on a stream just in time to catch final 4 pitches of a long AB.
Insane

So he only needs 13 more now. Better get to swinging.

So he only needs 13 more now. Better get to swinging.
No one is catching 73 . Even the last few games Judge has been walked alot he'll be lucky to get to 63 at this point. A player would have to be in garbage meaningless games to even threaten it. So when Judge is a Cangel Next year he'll have a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back