Monster Hunter...Enlighten Me

GG, damn thing took me 40 minutes my first try. Was using the Jagras charge blade
It's a tough fight and I could've done so much better. I didn't use the clutch claw to create more weak spots which would've upped my damage output a lot and instead focused on his spindly wings. I fought a cautious fight this time but will mix it up when i fight it again and take more risks.

My worst fight so far was Ruiner Nergigante. I had to use the farcaster more times than i can remember to get more potions and get rid of the bleed effect. I also need to add astera jerky to my shopping list.

The fights have been much harder compared to the base game although i have yet to fail a solo hunt in Iceborne. In the base game i really struggled to get past Nergigante but i'm much better now than i was then and i'm quite pleased i managed to tackle these new and powerful elder dragons first time around.

It's a tough fight and I could've done so much better. I didn't use the clutch claw to create more weak spots which would've upped my damage output a lot and instead focused on his spindly wings. I fought a cautious fight this time but will mix it up when i fight it again and take more risks.

My worst fight so far was Ruiner Nergigante. I had to use the farcaster more times than i can remember to get more potions and get rid of the bleed effect. I also need to add astera jerky to my shopping list.

The fights have been much harder compared to the base game although i have yet to fail a solo hunt in Iceborne. In the base game i really struggled to get past Nergigante but i'm much better now than i was then and i'm quite pleased i managed to tackle these new and powerful elder dragons first time around.
Ruiner becomes a punching bag once you've got a meta set.

I finally made it passed Tigrex (I've been doing too many of those damned events, hella fun though haha).
I try to solo every monster at least once before I do group hunts for extra carves. I beat him with a hit and run tactic with thunder longsword and a bunch of health and defense decorations. It was pretty okay, just a bit tedious. Very difficult to get combo's in because of his aggression. I must be about halfway through the campaign now, no?

I finally made it passed Tigrex (I've been doing too many of those damned events, hella fun though haha).
I try to solo every monster at least once before I do group hunts for extra carves. I beat him with a hit and run tactic with thunder longsword and a bunch of health and defense decorations. It was pretty okay, just a bit tedious. Very difficult to get combo's in because of his aggression. I must be about halfway through the campaign now, no?
Roughly

Ruiner becomes a punching bag once you've got a meta set.
I've got the 4 piece Silver Rathalos bonus now, although my poor selection of jewels combined with the shitty armour skills aren't helping me get the best out of it.

What's the best source for level 4 jewels?

Did some Safi over the past couple days. Got Godmode LS and gunlance and a good LBG setup. But damn this thing is a grind, especially with shitty teammates. No way In hell would I grind elemental bows, db, or SA. Would take a week of playing 8 hours a day.

Took down Rajang. Fight lasted a while and i carted twice(got revived with that green bubble). Very tough fight as the fucker does stupid damage and is as fast as Odogaron. I'm really not looking forward to fighting the tempered version.

That free meal enhancer on Tigrex armor (triggers 75% of the time) is a life saver pared with fast healing. You can shug all day lol

Took down Rajang. Fight lasted a while and i carted twice(got revived with that green bubble). Very tough fight as the fucker does stupid damage and is as fast as Odogaron. I'm really not looking forward to fighting the tempered version.
He also has that damn mechanic where he can catch himself on a wall if he's gonna topple

He also has that damn mechanic where he can catch himself on a wall if he's gonna topple
He did punk with that. Similar counter to what Odogaron does when you KO him but he hops straight back up and boomerangs towards you.

Only three to go for me: Namielle, Ruiner Nergigante & Shara Ishvalda
And then I can start with Guiding Lands. I hope it'll be fun. It sounds very grindy (which I don't mind), but at least more dynamic than just grinding tempered monsters in vanilla MHW?

Only three to go for me: Namielle, Ruiner Nergigante & Shara Ishvalda
And then I can start with Guiding Lands. I hope it'll be fun. It sounds very grindy (which I don't mind), but at least more dynamic than just grinding tempered monsters in vanilla MHW?
Yeah its decent. Can be a pain getting the parts you need but you get monster lures too to make it easier.

Only one left: Shara Ishvalda. My god what a piece of shit meatbag boss with a shitton of HP is this asshole...
I might put in some anti stun gems. He isn't that hard, but once you're stunned and he does his bullshit ult laser in the quicksand, you're fucked. This mofo goes down tonight!

Only one left: Shara Ishvalda. My god what a piece of shit meatbag boss with a shitton of HP is this asshole...
I might put in some anti stun gems. He isn't that hard, but once you're stunned and he does his bullshit ult laser in the quicksand, you're fucked. This mofo goes down tonight!
Bring farcasters to restock healing too

Bring farcasters to restock healing too

Got em! Turned out to be easier solo than with a flare haha. Man, I know it means nothing, but if you said to me two years ago this game would grip me (300 hours) and I would have finished a Master Rank campaign as a total MH noob I'd say you were crazy. Such an amazing game, I'm glad I'm back.

Toyed around with the Guiding Lands for a bit. It's all super confusing so far, but it looks like a blast to dick around in!

Back