More Playstation Games Coming to PC

And you can buy both consoles for less than a gaming PC.

that's a debatable statement right now, since the ps5 and gpus are basically unicorns.

additionally, the consoles are priced on the cheap to get people locked in to the ecosystems... and generally, more costly games/subscriptions.

that's a debatable statement right now, since the ps5 and gpus are basically unicorns.

additionally, the consoles are priced on the cheap to get people locked in to the ecosystems... and generally, more costly games/subscriptions.
True, you can't beat PC for free online. Ultimately though, it's going to come down to exclusives and Sony still has the best.

1. $$: high-end gaming at the lowest price point & leading bang-for-your-buck (though this is temporary, and they'll lose it before the console generation)
  2. Still the strongest AAA exclusives culture
  3. Less cheating in competitive multiplayer
  4. Still the simplest systems to operate
I'd add that they also provide a better avenue for new hardware technology like Sony's haptic feedback for the DualSense.

Even considering how PS Move and Kinect are no longer on anyone's radar, they'd have had even less impact without the support of Sony/MS and their respective platforms.

I think the haptic stuff will actually stick around. Even without the full on Astro's Playroom treatment, directional cues through vibration add a lot to the experience.

So still cheaper? Nice

I don't get much better than that with my gaming PC now (i5 7600k and GTX 1070) and it cost a lot more than $500. I think there's a big market for consoles that can consistently deliver 60fps at a decent resolution.
Weird, I consistently get around 1440p 60fps with my i5 7600K GTX 1060 6GB...

Thing is 60fps at 1440p or 4k checkerboard is impressive on a console, but its hard to go back when youre playing at native 1440p/4k at 144+fps....its just superior.

But the console experience is just far better to me. Sitting on that couch, playing MP with friends, hunting trophies etc. Stuff you can do on a PC but a console is far more accessible to everyone around you, and more convenient.

I can’t even play console anymore after playing native 4K/a much higher frame rate then 60 FPS. I’ll just wait for the PC versions of PlayStation exclusives. I have zero desire to buy a PS5.

You know it's true.

huh?

between omitting that pc has exclusives and that there's an active thread about sony unrestricting their exclusives to pc or whatever... it does not appear to be true.

So still cheaper? Nice

for the hardware? yeah. overall, ymmv, but i suspect many (if not most) gamers would end up spending less on pc vs console.

Thing is 60fps at 1440p or 4k checkerboard is impressive on a console, but its hard to go back when youre playing at native 1440p/4k at 144+fps....its just superior.

But the console experience is just far better to me. Sitting on that couch, playing MP with friends, hunting trophies etc. Stuff you can do on a PC but a console is far more accessible to everyone around you, and more convenient.
I know this sounds like peasantry but I legit can’t detect 120 FPS. Games like Devil May Cry 5 aren’t hitting it consistently but it’s capable of it and I just can’t see it. 30 to 60 absolutely, 60 to 120? Nope.

I know this sounds like peasantry but I legit can’t detect 120 FPS. Games like Devil May Cry 5 aren’t hitting it consistently but it’s capable of it and I just can’t see it. 30 to 60 absolutely, 60 to 120? Nope.
I know some people cant, and I always thought I was the same. But Im not bullshitting, I can easily detect the smoothness at 144fps, and that pales compared to a 165 or a 240fps.

But Im not those guys that say 'I can go back to 30/60 fps'. It takes a few minutes and its completely fine. Im playing some emulated PS2 classics right now and Im not bothered at all by the lower fps. But higher frames at higher resolutions and a great FOV just makes games look special on a PC. I cant wait for RE8 for this reason, itll look special on a PC in ultra with ray tracing.

Are you only planning to live a few more years or something?

Only option that performs currently is local cloud gaming. Internet cloud gaming operates at and or double the input latency of console gaming.

It's not so much that I can just sit down and tell what frame rate a game is running at above 60 (whereas 30 is immediately identifiable) so much as switching from one frame rate to the other is easily noticeable.

It's why I'm still happy to game at 60 but will definitely pursue better if that option is available.

Third concession Sony has made to Microsoft's strategy.

First "we believe in generations" quickly yielded to promises of full backwards compatibility support, and the introduction of the Playstation Upgrade program. Second, the hype surrounding Game Pass precipitated the spontaneous introduction of the PS Plus Collection. Now they're moving to accommodate PC owners as they realize the market is so large it's causing global semiconductor shortages that are becoming front page news to the mainstream, and how much money is left on the table by maintaining an exclusive wall. Hopefully the next headline is that they allow PSNow PC subscribers to actually download the games they play.

All wonderful news.

Is the market so large for gaming or bitcoin mining?

Because as a pc gamer, i can't fucking upgrade off of my 1080 so it doesn't matter what gets released. I can't fucking play it.

iu

Is the market so large for gaming or bitcoin mining?

Because as a pc gamer, i can't fucking upgrade off of my 1080 so it doesn't matter what gets released. I can't fucking play it.

iu
It's a problem that will disproportionately affect PC gamers due to cryptomining. Still, there's plenty of console gamers stuck without a PS5 or XSX that either can't play the latest titles requiring those system, or must play them in backwards compatible modes on older hardware. That's similar to your situation. AFAIK, there still isn't a PC game in existence where your GTX 1080 doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

It's a problem that will disproportionately affect PC gamers due to cryptomining. Still, there's plenty of console gamers stuck without a PS5 or XSX that either can't play the latest titles requiring those system, or must play them in backwards compatible modes on older hardware. That's similar to your situation. AFAIK, there still isn't a PC game in existence where your GTX 1080 doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

I'm not interested in booting up say...cyberpunk or the next resident evil game only to chug at 30 fps on low video settings.

Back