Most Intense Personal Watching of a Single Fight

This was/is a boxing thread, I posted there because that's where I was curious, and, thought, this a pretty good overall question, curiosity-wise, as questions go. Truly interested in this one. ... Sometimes the mask is so tight, the prospect of the concept of scrambled eggs seems suspicious of motives or direction. And when obnoxiously, I tend to lean on Freud in jovial conversation or ticked down thought, ...it's like actually ironing with a iron in your hand, and someone walks in. ....Now, that's a plant. If you're ironing with an iron all the time, does it disqualify of a planted thought/chuckle, you, on the grounds of layers of intent, or just intent to be a douche bag.

Layers of intent are always objective, even if their genesis is from deep subconscious well-springs. Even an abstract rendering is absolute in it's manifestation.

Having said that... The single fight that held me captive I did not have the opportunity to watch.. I listened. Hagler vs Leonard. The Iron and irony of words on that day were laughable, but somehow the resonance of Hagler's supremacy wafted up like a righteous burnt offering and pleased me. Only later when I saw it was my release and confirmation complete, despite the scorecards .

I remember exactly where I was when the AM radio waves fed my sound machine all those years ago.

The sliced anchor has no equal, in this world or the next. None but the best of ships can right in this wind we call mma. Craziness, yes, but the most intense personal watching from the perspective of the non- casual is undoubtedly the sliced anchor. Nobody can see it from the perspective of the grand scale in your mind.

lol

Even though it was a few years late, I was 100% invested in Wand vs Chuck.

Not a moment in the fight, but after...I went to Vegas to go to Stipe-DC 1. The knockout was startling enough, and heart-piercing for a Stipe fan. But in the WWE-ish aftermath, with DC calling out Brock, Stipe stood by waiting patiently, patiently still waiting for a chance to speak that never was given to him. And the image of him then, his back to my section, is etched into the retinas on my memory. I can feel my body in the arena seat again just typing this.

Obscure choice here, but for me it was Marquardt/Woodley in Strikeforce. I despised Tyron and his mother with a passion back then, and watching Nate melt his ass had me about as juiced as I can remember watching a fight.

Can't be sure that I even know what the question truly is though, as this is a Meat Fist thread.

For some reason I was very emotionally involved in the first Conor/Nate fight. Lost my shit when Nate choked him.

Not a moment in the fight, but after...I went to Vegas to go to Stipe-DC 1. The knockout was startling enough, and heart-piercing for a Stipe fan. But in the WWE-ish aftermath, with DC calling out Brock, Stipe stood by waiting patiently, patiently still waiting for a chance to speak that never was given to him. And the image of him then, his back to my section, is etched into the retinas on my memory. I can feel my body in the arena seat again just typing this.

The fractals of the collective remembered experience are leavened by the real experience of those assembled.

YjR1iAv.jpg

I was watching Rousey/Holm at a sports bar, and I think that finish was the only time I literally jumped up out of my seat when watching a fight.

If we're expanding it to other sports, the NFC championship game between the Packers and the Seahawks back in 2015 screwed up my mood for the rest of the day. The Packers should have won easily, and you can point to something like eight distinct improbable happenings (an onside kick being recovered by the kicking team, a 2-point conversion being made, etc.) that, with only missing just one of them, the Seahawks would have lost. I was furious.

Erick Silva vs Jon Fitch, had Silva to win as the final bet of a 100 euro parlay that would have given around 1700 back.

The kid let me down. I might give him another shot in a few years when he’s in his prime.

Rua Vs Coleman 1- the aftermath, brawl etc only added to it

And mirko winning the OWGP. Followed that Grand Prix more closely than other (better) GPs. Remember every moment and strike in the fight before the finals where Mirko split Wands skull with that kick

I know we hate him, but Conor KOing Aldo in 13 second after..... everything, was just surreal.

CroCop vs Gonzaga 1.
Mirko won the GP, beating Wand and Barnett. Came over to the UFC and easily beat Sanchez.
One more fight before getting a shot at the title.
Gonzaga? Will be an easy fight.....
Watching it live at a friend's place.
Mirko gets CroCop'd.
Not a fucking word from anybody, nobody even moved for a minute or so. Utter disbelief.
They show the replay. Mirkos leg. The guy next to me runs to the bathroom and pukes.
Couldn't process it for weeks.

Most intense watching of a boxing match?

Peter Quilliam vs Andy Lee April 11, 2015

Silva/Chael 2

had to tell myself to calm down as the fight was starting .. was embarrassing.

Hagler/Hearns/Leonard, how far do you have to go back, people who fought 80 fight careers. To be alive and watch all those fights from 70s and 80s, not like now, actually there watching, but invested like the Waltons on the radio fighting for shit you can't even see sometimes. Cheers on this thread, to the starter, it's taken me old places. I'm old, and have listened to boxing matches over the radio, football and baseball, but it wasn't a thing. To be player, to be a fan, to be alive, with the shit world and shit all around, there's still magic people couldn't believe through the history of man, right here, right now. It may be to our ultimate doom, but fucken eh, smell flowers, have children FTW.

You and I are mother earth just as much as the melting of the glaciers, the voice, the dancing soul of what is, right here right now. If you need more religion than just that to account for the concept of religion, the golden rule isn't fucking biblical, it's life, cellular a hug into your space to transform. Coffee, Fake Smiles and a Punching Bag isn't a religion, it's a small boat Buddhist negation of the will to life and effort, who believes being skinny and passing out from malnurishment on a rusty bed of nails in a sea of piss moves your actual soul closer to the goal?

hahaha., among the myriad of boxing fights that have fucked my life, if I could actually reverse one, even over Frazier, I would pic Foreman wiping the floor with Ali in Zaire, the rumble. I watched that on tv. The world was over.

TBF, with the doors and windows closed, I doubt anyone except the residents to the sides and above me out of 24 total apartments could have actually heard what I was saying and just heard yelling. Plus that was a rather bad time in my life when the police in my smallish town knew me fairly well.
Plus I bet it was hard to explain in the squad car

You: "sorry I was yelling. I was amped up because I ordered the PPV fights and this Russian sambo guy called the emperor beat this wrestling freak who looks like prime Herschel Walker"

Cops: ????????

It blows my mind, that fucking Wagner and Leni Riefenstahl can be blatant racists, I do get that that's there, I'm not an apologist, and I don't sit in a room like Alex de Large marinating on shit art with a snake in my pubes that otherwise would have otherwise been enjoyable AF, now, turns out the artist is a piece of shit. Throw it all away. I'm fired up because I fucking remember this time, it was not an easy thing to be able to catch a fight as a kid, I listented to this shit on the radio, like the Waltons, you watch Happy Days, they all have to be Packer's fans. The Fonz was a Packer, ...but scores on a paper, eyes closed on a radio, that would suck. Heroes were heroes. But as kid, Frazier was my guy,...no matter what you say or post, I was there as a kid listening to all the Ali/Frazier shit that's not even in the clips. i'm a white kid in the north, and I love Joe Frazier, he was extention of Archie Moore, they have little in common but by that I mean, from absolute dirt, so far beyond the eight ball. The tenacity. It made his name, and he was a giant, and maybe is the greatest. He just wasn't to me. Icon of being the man, the behind the scenes footage against Foreman, man, I hate politics and religion in sports, art, anything, but hard to imagine a way anything can be done.

But Ali, just beating up my heroes wasn't the point. They were my heroes for coming from jack shit and being the same kind of badass without the unwarranted and uncle Tom racist arm. If the world loves you, and you're still shitting on someone to that degree, that way. I never understood. Flawed heroes is a thing, but I only had one viewpoint as a kind, man i cried at the shit he said, the way interacted with the few guys I looked up to. Fuck him them, and always. However great you are, how am I the only one in the living spin who can acknowledge your massive status but still think you're a piece of shit. G O A T is subjective, maybe so, but not to me, and not sour grapes as a kid. You conquered the world, You did everything, but you lost me as a little kid, the way you dealt with my heroes. We get one life, and you can't please everybody. As a boxer, he's undeniable from any perspective, and as artist who is Leni? That would be a good book title. Just thoughts that pick at the brain.

Back