Most Intense Personal Watching of a Single Fight

Good day, fellow brother of Meat.

I had a painful, pulsating fight boner with sweaty palms for Hendo/Shogun 1. Two of my favorite fighters.

I don't even hate the fucking clip as much as I miss life in the 70s. All the fun's gone. Ali was Ali, but FUCK ALI, his subversive bent was cool, like Elvis in the Army, but if you're gonna bury yourself in a stance, dig deeper, and even there, alright. The shit behind the scenes, he will all ways be piece of shit person to me.

Sonnen vs Silva
Khabib vs Conor
Fedor vs Arlovski (The sudden ending made me go ballistic)
Khabib vs Gaethje (going into this,with his father's recent passing made it a very emotional one)

Both of the Anderson-Weidman fights and the Lawler-RoryMac rematch.

Good day, fellow brother of Meat.

I had a painful, pulsating fight boner with sweaty palms for Hendo/Shogun 1. Two of my favorite fighters.

Yeah, sorry about the rant. I hated the thought of that fight. Well, I guess your heroes are heroes because they're fucking crazy. Wand fought Cro Cop and Mark Hunk, you tell me you were more stressed. i'm in a concrete basement (I have pics of this day), I'm Chute Boxe in heart and from afar. I don't spar, but I think it's important to find shit you love earlier the better, and like a Blackfoot on the prairie coming over a hill into your death onslaught, you plant your spear in the ground and die for shit. You have to choose in life. It's the purgatory in all things poetic, it's not the evil man who burns in hell, it's the passionles man who doesn't give a shit. I have two personal stories to whit, but no one givves a shit, well I do, because it'll die with me, but also, then, THE BEAUTIFUL POETIC OCEANS OF THE WORLD THAT WILL DIE WITH ME! /// .....so sad.

Detroit lost game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals to Pittsburgh.

Before my eyes could open in the the morning, my very first thought was 'The Wings lost game 7', for about 2 weeks.

It haunted me and kept me down for an embarrassing amount of time.

My mood changed just typing this.

That's a lot to ask. I don't know if I can answer it truly even in the typing of the question, or that it's the actual truth in the answer. We've all had them, in any, and many sports and from both perspectives the positive and the negative. I mean, non-casual. A particular fight or instance in a fight that blew the fucking doors off what you're watching, and you're truly lost and a part of what's going on with your entire being. And to slice the pressure. It doesn't have a definitive statement for all time, ...but as a sports fan, some shit should come up like a sliced anchor. That's all.

What is this word salad?
What are you asking?

Honestly i am a newer fan but the most intense for me personally was Justin Gaethje VS Chandler. My heart was pounding in my chest and every single punch was like a bomb dropping. Those guys are both such powerful boxers and have wrestling too it was incredible. Even though people talk trash about Chandler taunting in the third I absolutely loved it. "Are you entertained?" Lol

I'm a Stipe fan.

Stipe vs. DC 2 was incredible to watch.

I did a lot of screaming during that match.

Round 1: When the fireman was being carried around like a... fireman.

Round 2: I think this was the round with more eyepokes.

Round 3: I felt like the momentum was changing and the commentators were garbage because of their biasness.

Round 4: The shots to the body was like the ending of Rocky I, but better.
Looked more like Stipe getting completely outclassed by a 40 year old fat man that simply ran out of gas.

Stipe should be 0-3 against DC, but father time is undefeated. It's crazy to think how easily a 35 year old DC would have steamrolled a 40 year old Stipe, and I'm a Stipe fan. Those losses had to have hurt for DC.

Not sure how statutes of limitation apply? intrugyed==

sorry that's a phone call typed in time, ahaha. Breaking Bad is gone, I don't have law dogs, I've never actually spoken to a lawyer, but was it a bad decision? It's where the comfort of a god, God, would fill the spaces.

Man, I don't talk much about this, you can look that up. I lean left, by that I mean, I hate politics. Empty statement, maybe even amongst close friends. I was playing baseball when Mt St Helen's blew off, we lost almost a month of school because you couldn't breathe. When the fog and ash crawled, our baseball re assembled. I played for two years for the Veterans of Foreign Wars, we won state and tournament, me at first base, and an injury, 3rd base, for half a season.
We beat the piss out of everything considered equal to us. And this was in the day when getting icecream cones for win, meant Root Beer on the coach at A

Last edited:
That's a lot to ask. I don't know if I can answer it truly even in the typing of the question, or that it's the actual truth in the answer. We've all had them, in any, and many sports and from both perspectives the positive and the negative. I mean, non-casual. A particular fight or instance in a fight that blew the fucking doors off what you're watching, and you're truly lost and a part of what's going on with your entire being. And to slice the pressure. It doesn't have a definitive statement for all time, ...but as a sports fan, some shit should come up like a sliced anchor. That's all.
When Badr Hari fought Arek Wrzosek for the first time I was rooting pretty damn hard for Badr as I’m a huge fan and attend all his fights.
He was fucking dominating Arek, knocking him down 3 times, he only needed one more knockdown and the fight would've been over, and just at that moment Arek threw a hail-mary highkick to knock Badr out and win the fight.
I filmed the last minute of the fight because I wanted to film Badr’s KO win and it was only a matter of time before that would happen. The opposite happened and Badr got KTFO so I freaked the fuck out! That was the least possible thing to happen according to how the fight went.
Here’s the final minute of the fight filmed from my perspective (includes the final knockdown of the fight and the knockout).
My reaction was from the bottom of my heart as I couldn’t believe what just happened hahah, enjoy:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0e9gWHAvdzUNwS5fokEpkKosQ

I have to say I met Arek right before the fight and wished him goodluck. Maybe jinxed the fight for Badr and that sealed the deal ?

upload_2022-11-1_23-38-8.jpeg

JDS vs Cain 1. I was a big JDS fan but I thought he was going to lose to Cain for sure. Then after having to deal with an hour of hype for THE FIRST FOX CARD EVER! TO have him win that quickly was epic.

Kinda lost it's luster with the rematches but still, it was an epic moment.

Fedor vs Randleman for me. Thought Fedor was paralyzed, gut winced, almost welled up. A minute later he sweeps from bottom and taps him.

Just nuts. For me it's the greatest MMA sequence of all-time and the most intense in terms of sheer WTF. That it was Fedor and he shook it off like nothing is part of his legend.

Most intensely I watched a fight: GSP vs BJ 2
Most shocked and difficult to comprehend: Kamaru vs Leon 2

Man that's a tough one actually. So many fights that were intense to watch or intense before the fight even started just cause of who was fighting. God it's a tie in a way. Crocop vs Igor and Crocop vs Fedor. Just was on edge before the fights started because of who those guys were. Like anything could happen and you know it was gonna be crazy.

Also Yoshida vs Wand. Why? I don't know, it was just such tense energy.

Diaz vs Conor 1 - was super fun to watch in the bar with all the ConorCasuals on suicide alert after

Anderson’s leg ….we sat in bar, the entire place went full tilt…first of the crazy leg break trend…

I was in the arena, shit was crazy, no one knew what happened until the replay.

For me it was pretty intense watching Whittaker v Adesanya from the stands, I was just a bit invested (and ended up sad!)

Oddly enough, for me it was Silva vs Okami 2. I was a Dix Daiquiris in Louisiana and I had told all of my friends (who don’t watch MMA) that Anderson was must see TV and he put on a masterclass. I was glued to the TV

Also Recently Glover vs Jiri had me standing the whole time…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back