Social Musk becomes largest shareholder of twitter

Hope he buys Twitter , if it benefits Free Speech.

How bad Twitter is currently - regarding censorship - I am not sure, but assuming Twitter does stifle certain political viewpoints and Musk changes that, it's good.
Musk doesn't care about free speech, he's made that abundantly clear already. Considering how his politics have been tied into his brand, he will likely signal some changes benefitting right wing viewpoints, but he cares about making money and that's it. Man, I wish it would have gone to trial so we could see more of the text exchanges and expose this POS.

Btw, while it's true that a few high profile right wing users have been banned from twitter for violating TOS, right wing content have larger reach on pretty much all social media, including twitter and facebook. The notion that the right is "silenced" is a fantasy.

I am glad the court an twitter figured out this one fast. After the court was about to allow his phone messages be submitted Elon suddenly had a change of heart an wanted to buy Twitter again. Twitter knows this is a delay tactic as he tries to figure out his next move. We Twitter not playing along this time.

"
Twitter’s lawyers fired back at Tesla CEO Elon Musk in a court filing Thursday, accusing the company’s recalcitrant buyer of engaging in "mischief and delay" with his renewed bid for the company.

Twitter said Musk’s latest proposal to buy the company for $44 billion can’t be trusted. The claim came in a court document opposing Musk’s earlier request on Thursday for a Delaware judge to halt the court proceedings against him in the parties’ merger deal gone sour.

The case was set for trial in Delaware Chancery Court on Oct. 17, but after Twitter's filing on Thursday, the judge agreed to stay the case until Oct. 28."

Musk doesn't care about free speech, he's made that abundantly clear already. Considering how his politics have been tied into his brand, he will likely signal some changes benefitting right wing viewpoints, but he cares about making money and that's it. Man, I wish it would have gone to trial so we could see more of the text exchanges and expose this POS.

Btw, while it's true that a few high profile right wing users have been banned from twitter for violating TOS, right wing content have larger reach on pretty much all social media, including twitter and facebook. The notion that the right is "silenced" is a fantasy.

If all Elon cared about was making money he wouldn't have started an electric car company, or got into the space industry... those are NOT money makers for anybody until he did it.

If all Elon cared about was making money he wouldn't have started an electric car company, or got into the space industry... those are NOT money makers for anybody until he did it.
Dude, he made 200 billions during Corona, most of that by market manipulation. Remember dogecoin? He's the richest person on earth by far. Having pet projects or personal ambition, and branding that, doesn't change anything. Don't be so naive. He saw opportunity to fill voids that were heavily subsidized by the government and he took it.

Last edited:

he doesnt need to care about anything as far as i am concerned, he just needs to not be anti free speech

he doesnt need to care about anything as far as i am concerned, he just needs to not be anti free speech
lol have a think on the word you're writing.

they arent money makers for his companies either long term.
His wealth is almost entirely derived from stock awards given to him by the "independent" board of directors at TSLA using investor money. (read: his buddies and brother are part of a financial cartel)

any recap of what the fuck has happened this week? Musk decides to buy twitter, then his financing backs out? so it's off again?

I am glad the court an twitter figured out this one fast. After the court was about to allow his phone messages be submitted Elon suddenly had a change of heart an wanted to buy Twitter again. Twitter knows this is a delay tactic as he tries to figure out his next move. We Twitter not playing along this time.

"
Twitter’s lawyers fired back at Tesla CEO Elon Musk in a court filing Thursday, accusing the company’s recalcitrant buyer of engaging in "mischief and delay" with his renewed bid for the company.

Twitter said Musk’s latest proposal to buy the company for $44 billion can’t be trusted. The claim came in a court document opposing Musk’s earlier request on Thursday for a Delaware judge to halt the court proceedings against him in the parties’ merger deal gone sour.

The case was set for trial in Delaware Chancery Court on Oct. 17, but after Twitter's filing on Thursday, the judge agreed to stay the case until Oct. 28."

I haven't followed the suit closely, but damn if I isn't funny... first they don't want Musk to buy the company and openly discuss ways to stop it and now they're asking the court to force him to buy the company.

You just can't make this stuff up.

I haven't followed the suit closely, but damn if I isn't funny... first they don't want Musk to buy the company and openly discuss ways to stop it and now they're asking the court to force him to buy the company.

You missed the point they know he has no interest in the company other then make headlines and have his cheerleaders go online and talk about how he going to own the libs. He was likely high at the time when he posted about this offer much like his famous 420 tweet that got him in hot water over at Tesla.

Not surprised your conception of what happened is laughably incorrect.
They literally accepted his offer in a binding agreement to start, but sure, play with your own poo in fantasy land.

It's mind boggling that people can actually be this stupid. Social media (in particular, twitter) is precisely why westerm culture turned so progressive so quickly.

It's mind boggling that people can actually be this stupid. Social media (in particular, twitter) is precisely why westerm culture turned so progressive so quickly.

Based on what?

Based on what?

It gave the different special interest groups within progressives a medium to align themselves and, more precisely, to align their outrage. Especially over selective video footage, which culminated in the George Floyd video.

Western culture began to abruptly change as soon as Twitter took off (around 2012). There was hardly such thing as a 'SJW' before then. The left wing mob weaponized Twitter. It became the highly effective medium for their outrage. I remember in 2015 when South Park aired their 19th season poking fun at the SJWs, who were still a rather new thing at the time.

Back