My big stupid hype trains thread.

Thomas-Petersen.jpg

Thomas Petersen

Country - USA
Weight Class - Heavyweight
Promotion - LFA
Record - 5-0

Petersen seems to be another one of those modern younger HW's like Aspinall or Bilostenniy that values speed over more lumbering power. We knew he had good wrestling and top control going into this, but the way he threw a quick 1-2 to KO a solid regional gatekeeper in Vernon Lewis and capture the LFA title was extremely impressive. It might be wise for him to have one defence of his title in LFA before making the UFC jump because he's quite inexperienced, but I can't see him not ending up there by mid 2022 at the latest.

alden-coria.jpeg

Alden Coria

Country - USA
Weight Class - Flyweight
Promotion - LFA
Record - 5-0

Yet another exciting Flyweight in what is undoubtedly one of the premier divisions in the world for exciting prospects at the moment. Took a step up in competition against a much more experienced guy and made it look pretty easy with relentless pursuit of submissions once he got the opportunity before having the confidence to snatch a standing guillotine and drop to his back once he knew he had it.

Says he wants current LFA interim champ Charles Johnson at the moment and I think that makes sense.
Coria looked extremely polished and well-rounded for 23.

The EFC show seems to have been moved to today and I need to see BRAVE before I update the rankings. However here's what we have this week

EFC tonight with the same stuff I put in last weeks post.

SFT on Thursday

- Jean Matsumoto (?/Brazil/FLW/8-0) challenging for the Flyweight title against Wanderley Junior (27/Brazil/FLW/10-3) who's only losses are to Gustavo Erak, Joanderson Brito and Anderson Dos Santos so should be a decent test.
- Ketlen Souza (25/Brazil/BW/10-3) moving up a division on short notice to fight 9-4 Gisele Moreira for the BW title.

XFC on Friday

- Brett Martin (27/USA/HW/10-1) will hopefully come in looking a bit more professional this time as he's got a test in Kyle Noblitt (31/USA/HW/11-2)
- XFC golden boy Austin Bashi (19/USA/BW/3-0) I've found a bit boring so far, he fights 3-3 James Dunn

LUX on Friday

- Tania Torres (27/Mexico/SW/4-0) fights for the SW title in the tournament final against 6-4 Saray Orozco
- Francesco Patron Manzo (21/Mexico/LW/7-0) takes on 6-7 Erik Radleim

CES on Friday

- Carlos Candelario (30/USA/FLW/7-0) returns after a long layoff against 5-5-1 Miguel Restrepo

Eternal MMA on Friday

- Daniel Hill (25/Australia/LW/5-0) fights 11-7 Brentin Mumford for the belt (looks like this one got moved back)

Sky Warrior on Satuday

- Aldo Vargas (20/Bolivia/WW/6-0) takes on 5-6 Lautaro Ayala

tereza-bleda-e1615373696217.jpg

Tereza Bleda

Country - Czech Republic
Weight Class - Flyweight
Promotion - Oktagon
Record - 4-0

Certainly the best 19 year old female fighter I've ever seen and one I think has the potential to go on and be a UFC champion one day. Bleda's strength and grappling are his biggest assets, with her being dangerous from every position and seemingly able to get fights to the ground whenever she wants (she was ragdolling ex-UFC fighter Pudilova in an exhibition match before even turning pro).

She's fighting much more experienced opponents too. As a 19 year old in her 4th pro fight she fought a Brazilian with 18 pro fights under her belt and tapped her with a triangle armbar in the first round from the bottom. She needs to tighten up her striking and transitions a little bit, but once those holes are plugged she's going to be extremely hard to stop.

1306316-szabova-base_16x9.jpg.653

Lucia Szabova

Country - Slovakia
Weight Class - Bantamweight
Promotion - Oktagon
Record - 4-0

The other one of the female Oktagon uber prospects. Szabova is primarily a striker but can grapple a bit too. What's really impressive about her is her attitude and her willingness to come forward and throw more and more as the fight goes deeper. Seemingly a girl destined to swim in deep waters who's not afraid to appease the just bleed gods. Gets caught a little bit now and again, but she can work on that. For now her solid offence, good TDD and cardio and heart should take her pretty far anyway.

Askhabov is good from what I've seen, but I think he might be in trouble on the contender series against a wild fucker like Joanderson Brito.
But are there 2 of them right? I’m seeing Khasan and Khusein here. Do you have Khasan in your rankings?

But are there 2 of them right? I’m seeing Khasan and Khusein here. Do you have Khasan in your rankings?

Khasan isn't as good as Khusein. The rankings are basically post covid shutdown rankings, I haven't really put fighters I last saw pre corona on there.

Brito would probably be higher than either of them tbh, I think people are looking past him a bit because of Khusein's record which I think is a little padded. Last fight I saw of his he was making harder work than someone with the kind of record he has should be of Donovan Desmae.

Khasan isn't as good as Khusein. The rankings are basically post covid shutdown rankings, I haven't really put fighters I last saw pre corona on there.

Brito would probably be higher than either of them tbh, I think people are looking past him a bit because of Khusein's record which I think is a little padded. Last fight I saw of his he was making harder work than someone with the kind of record he has should be of Donovan Desmae.
Oh okay bro I was looking at their IGs and both have 1m followers I’m just thinking why they haven’t been signed by UFC or Bellator yet. I remember we talked about Khusein a few months back when they announced his DWCS fight. Looking forward to that one.

EFC 38 is 19 fights starting Tuesday at 12 EST <Eek2.0>

Guess I'll switch a few things around cause that seems like quite a span!

Your new AV makes me extremely unhappy.

Abus? Fuck that guy is boring, such a forgettable MW.

Guess KSW and Abus never did make up about that Shamil Jurišić scuffle. Uros is gone to Bellator, Abus to UFC, I wonder if Shamil is also out of contract with KSW

I feel like Abus is the type of fighter the UFC would have avoided like the plague in the past. I don't think he has UFC champion potential, but he definitely has potential to get into the fringe of the rankings and be that kind of guy whose job is exclusively to ruin hype trains that the UFC wants to promote.

I feel like Abus is the type of fighter the UFC would have avoided like the plague in the past. I don't think he has UFC champion potential, but he definitely has potential to get into the fringe of the rankings and be that kind of guy whose job is exclusively to ruin hype trains that the UFC wants to promote.

Maybe he's got got Omari Akhmdov's old job.

Maybe he's got got Omari Akhmdov's old job.
The quota must be kept constant, one Russian gets released, another gets signed. I wonder if a bunch off Eastern European guys get contracts on Contender Series this year if we see a huge release off the old and mediocre Eastern European fighters

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back