My experience about the complementary of Zercher Squat and Back Squat

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
Christian Thibaudeau has a very interesting article about that :

https://thibarmy.com/16516/

He says that he can zercher more than what he can front squat and that it's also the case for other coaches/clients. He raises some other good points too, definitely worth the read.

Interesting.

I also note that I have never done Zercher Squats. I've only ever done Zercher Deadlifts, which has a greater ROM than the squat given each rep starts off with the bar completely on the ground and ends at the locked out squat position.

Interesting.

I also note that I have never done Zercher Squats. I've only ever done Zercher Deadlifts, which has a greater ROM than the squat given each rep starts off with the bar completely on the ground and ends at the locked out squat position.

Yeah he advocates for them too. I personally never did them because from what i've seen you can't but round the back at the start of the lift and it scares me a little. Looks like an absolute full body killer tho, even more than conventional deads. I might try it someday.

I'd definitely go to front squats before zerchers.

Front squats are great i like them. It's just that my wrist/upper back flexibility sucks so after 2/3 sets the wrist pain makes me give up. And i don't like the "cross-arm" position.

I tried a variation i saw where you loop straps around the bar where your hands would normally go, then grip the straps a few inches above the bar. Solves the wrists problem but strangely it's less comfortable for the shoulders.

Back