Crime Naming the Capitol Cop Who Killed Unarmed Jan. 6 Rioter Ashli Babbitt

https://www.realclearinvestigations...killed_jan_6_rioter_ashli_babbitt_779601.html

546867_5_.png

Most police departments — including Washington, D.C.’s Metropolitan Police — are required to release an officer’s name within days of a fatal shooting. Not the U.S. Capitol Police, which is controlled by Congress and answers only to Congress. It can keep the public in the dark about the identity and investigation of an officer involved in a shooting indefinitely.

Which is what happened with the Jan. 6 shooting of Ashli Babbitt, an unarmed protester in the U.S. Capitol riot who was fatally wounded by a plainclothes police lieutenant as she attempted to breach a set of doors inside the building.

In a little-noticed exchange, Byrd was cited by the acting House sergeant at arms during a brief discussion of the officer who shot Babbitt at a Feb. 25 House hearing. Both C-SPAN and CNN removed his name from transcripts, but CQ Transcripts — which, according to its website, provides “the complete word from Capitol Hill; exactly as it was spoken” — recorded the Capitol official, Timothy Blodgett, referring to the cop as “Officer Byrd.” His name is clearly audible in the videotape of the hearing (see video embed further below).

Following the shooting, Byrd’s Internet footprint was scrubbed, including his social media and personal photos.

=================================================================

It was what I said it would be. The Leftists / Establishment withheld the name and refused to be transparent, because reality was the wrong narrative. It doesn't match the propaganda the MSM and Big Tech constantly push for the Democratic Party's benefit.

Byrd is the same idiot that left his loaded weapon in a bathroom.

https://www.rollcall.com/2019/02/27/capitol-police-weapon-left-unattended-in-capitol-bathroom-again/

The justification they gave for the shooting was terrible.

Capitol Police defended Byrd in a statement, saying “the lieutenant did not know if protesters were armed” and that he “believed his life was in danger.”

You don't get to "believe you are in danger" and kill someone as a officer of the law. You have to know you are in danger. You have to see a weapon or other indications that life is being threatened directly by the target. That was 100% not the case.

I don't give a rip about the man's color. Clearly that is not the case with the Leftists and those in power. The narrative was not what they wanted. He had no business shooting his gun and murdering that woman. She is no different that George Floyd except she was not on drugs, did not resist arrest (never given the change), and she was summarily executed.

Police don't get to shoot unarmed people and walk.... unless you are shooting the people that disagree with the Establishment and the Left. Otherwise, we could have seen hundreds of ANTIFA / BLM members gunned down throughout the U.S.A.

Double standard is again in play when it comes to the Left / Establishment.

Clean shoot.

This was the Capitol where our lawmakers were certifying the election. Why don't you blame Trump for choosing that same exact place and time to have a rally so he could direct his followers to fight for their stolen election?

That would be like having a Coffee Shop sit in at a shop that served everyone. Having a protest on the steps where the corrupt process is being finalized is the appropriate place.

You're welcome.

I wonder how long the “I believed I was in danger” excuse from LEOs will fly in leftyland when the victims and shooters are of opposite colors and different politics?

We already proved they are total hypocrites with their different opinions on officers that killed the wrong demographic.
  • Officer Darren Wilson
  • Officer Derek Chauvin
  • Officer Nicholas Reardon
They were all immediately identified and demonized before any facts came out. That is not the case here. Why is that? Double Standard.

This thread just further exposes Leftists as duplicitous and dishonest.

Sorry but all they have to do is believe they were in danger. And I’m glad she’s dead. Fuck that traitorous cunt.

Yeah... didn't hear you saying the same thing about the rioters that attacked the Federal Court house. I wonder how hard you would shit yourself had the cops opened up on them.

Thanks for the double standard and lack of integrity. But, that is who you are along with the rest of the Leftists that have a problem here.

We already proved they are total hypocrites with their different opinions on officers that killed the wrong demographic.
  • Officer Darren Wilson
  • Officer Derek Chauvin
They were all immediately identified and demonized before any facts came out. That is not the case here. Why is that? Double Standard.

Why waste your time? You're being trolled here. They're saying it's justified and repeating phrases like "She fucked around and found out" or "She should've just complied" because they resent hearing those phrases after a justified police shooting. Jan. 6th is being used as a big revenge tool and talking point by liberals. That's why you're seeing every possible angle of the story blown up and calls for every possible person identified as being within the vicinity of the Capital to be jailed.

The same liberals who spent all of 2020 running defense for BLM and Antifa burning cities and murdering people across the country are pretending to act horrified by Jan. 6th and now are justifying the killing of an unarmed rioter. It's cowardly, obviously. But why waste your time? There's not a drop of sincerity in their words.

If you celebrate the death of a member of humanity, you've allowed a measure of evil to take hold of your mind.

You don't need to mourn the death of all, but to celebrate the death of anyone is a sign of emotional immaturity.

I will celebrate the death of no person, because I'm part of humanity, so in some way, I too am diminished by their passing.

When you celebrate the death of another, you surrender a tiny part of your humanity.

<WellThere><WellThere>

We all knew it… but at least you sick lefties don’t hide your hate and wish for blood anymore.

The same folks that didn’t even want the McCloskey’s to arm themselves against a violent mob storming their private community with threats of rape and murder want cops to shoot unarmed white women.

Fuck off retard. You’d be cranking your hog if they shot some BLM protestor trying to stop Trump from getting certified.

Why waste your time? You're being trolled here. They're saying it's justified and repeating phrases like "She fucked around and found out" or "She should've just complied" because they resent hearing those phrases after a justified police shooting. Jan. 6th is being used as a big revenge tool and talking point by liberals. That's why you're seeing every possible angle of the story blown up and calls for every possible person identified as being within the vicinity of the Capital to be jailed.

The same liberals who spent all of 2020 running defense for BLM and Antifa burning cities and murdering people across the country are pretending to act horrified by Jan. 6th and now are justifying the killing of an unarmed rioter. It's cowardly, obviously. But why waste your time? There's not a drop of sincerity in their words.
So it wasn't a justified shooting?

<WellThere><WellThere>

We all knew it… but at least you sick lefties don’t hide your hate and wish for blood anymore.

The same folks that didn’t even want the McCloskey’s to arm themselves against a violent mob storming their private community with threats of rape and murder want cops to shoot unarmed white women.
This is very accurate.

That would be like having a Coffee Shop sit in at a shop that served everyone. Having a protest on the steps where the corrupt process is being finalized is the appropriate place.

You're welcome.
And if it had stayed on the steps this wouldn't be an issue.

The BLM / ANTIFA rioters didn't "stay on the steps", but I don't recall them being mowed down.... and I don't recall you calling for them to be shot.
Blah blah blah. Your excuse was wrong. They weren't just on the steps protesting.

Yeah... didn't hear you saying the same thing about the rioters that attacked the Federal Court house. I wonder how hard you would shit yourself had the cops opened up on them.

Thanks for the double standard and lack of integrity. But, that is who you are along with the rest of the Leftists that have a problem here.
I wouldn’t have been upset had they breached the building and been shot. One was just sentenced to 6 years in prison. Good.

She's in a better place. Hell.

seek help little fella
Violence/Genocide- Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims. If you choose to celebrate the victims injuries and/or deaths or suggest they deserved what happened to them, you will likely get infractions.

• Officer Darren Wilson
  • Officer Derek Chauvin

I guess the real question is at what point is their level of ignorance so wilful and dishonest that it should simply be called evil? I’d like to think that anyone with basic intelligence and morality can be communicated and reasoned with. But I don’t think this group can, from my experience.

Back