Natural Born Killer on losing popularity/relevance.

Getting a gift decision over Diaz will kill someone's career...

Natural Career Killer

Never was a huge fan of condit and especially after the Diaz fight. Lawler is my fav fighter and I didn't even watch that fight because I thought he was gonna beat him in boring fashion. Don't know why I didn't like him before never really had a reason to

He's been in so many wars, I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. A lot of his prime was lost in the WEC unfortunately.

His stock took a big hit after that Diaz fight. Totally unwarranted, IMO, but he kind of fell victim to the Diaz trap when they make it look like its the other guy's fault.

I think, in general, WW is in a traditional period. Lawler, Condit, Hendricks, and Rory are all right at that same level which is deemed below that of the former champ. They keep beating each other in great fights, but none of them have the name value for the masses.

When GSP retired he really robbed the successors a shot and really making a name for themselves by beating him. Condit had his shot but failed.

Condit is a pure badass. He's been hampered by injuries and inactivity as a result but make no mistake, he puts on amazing fights win or lose and only fights the top 5 guys in endless rotation.

He's still a killer. He's still top 5. He arguably beat Lawler and he rocked GSP, something that never happened after Serra 1, as far as I can recall. I believe that his Diaz dodge is what left him in the dust. No one cares anymore. All he really had was his rep for fighting like Matt Brown. People have moved on. Diaz went on to fight Anderson Silva. That's something Condit would never do. Why would he? Because that's what we respect about Diaz. He will go to war. That was Condit's rep until the Diaz fight. He won the fight but lost the fans. and really...1,2,5 Diaz. Would love to see Condit, Brown, and Diaz fight each other exclusively until they all retire. As long there was no running or point fighting on Condit's end.

It happened. He's rarely ever talked about these days and he was a fan favorite. Why? Was it because he lost to GSP, Hendriks, and Lawler? Was it because he was out of the mix after getting injured against Woodley? OR, was it because he it failed to live up to his reputation when he fought Diaz. Or was it a combination of all of these things. Personally he lost me as a fan after Diaz. I think Diaz won but that's not important. Did he fight smart against a Diaz? Probably. Is he still a brutal killer? Yes, absolutely.

I think NBK was the guy with the best chance of finishing Nick and he didn't go for it. I feel like that was the beginning of him not living up to his reputation. He smashed Alves and Kampmann but it still didn't matter. He tarnished his brand imo.

What do you think? He should have came out and fought Diaz the way he fought Hardy and Kim. Two brutal KO's before he went into the Diaz fight and he played it safe with the leg jabs and running. I can't be the only one who felt let down by him after that fight.

Why are you talking about something that went down over 4 years ago?

Oh, that's right, because it was the last time Nick Diaz was in a competitive fight (that he lost unanimously).

Becoming the Natural Born Sparrer and sticking to strictly choreographed gameplans probably had something to do with it.

You people are still butthurt about taht Diaz fight. Seriously, I love the Diaz bros but you Diaz fanboys need to let it go. He fought smart and won CLEARLY. Not to mention some of the fights you mentioned he "lost" arguably he won them but no one brings that up.

Did I miss something? I'm confused, I thought he gained popularity after the lawler fight. shows how much I pay attention or seem to care about what others think, if unpopularity is indeed the case.

Why are you talking about something that went down over 4 years ago?

Oh, that's right, because it was the last time Nick Diaz was in a competitive fight (that he lost unanimously).
Because I like Condit and I think that hurt his career. He fell off. Not all of us are a one guy super fan. We're fans of the sport. Maybe don't cling onto your dream boyfriend and you can have a objective conversation like the rest of us. I was rooting for Diaz but I thought Condit had the best chance at taking Nick down. I would have respected that and wouldn't have gotten a cold sore because my guy lost.

Great fighter. He's was out for awhile, and he's low key. He's still popular and relevant, he's just dealing with a world that has McGregor, Rousey, and others who really blew up in his absence.

He fought Diaz about the same as he usually does. Condit always circles like that, then when somebody cuts him off and engages, he does too. Diaz is just too slow and stubborn to cut off the Octagon. Then as the fight went on, starting in the third round, Diaz got frustrated and stopped going forward. People make it sound like Diaz pushed the action and Carlos just ran, that's ludicrous, Condit just picked him apart while circling, then half the fight Diaz was going back himself.

I thought Condit lost the Lawler fight. Condit is a good guy and all but I have one thing to say to those who wish to hero worship him and throw away a perfectly good title shot on him BC they THINK he deserved a win over Lawler on points: Ha!

P.S. Stay retired

people lost respect when he confessed to playing touch butt
This right here, if he didn't play touchbutt w/ Lawler he'd be champ right now.

HOWEVER, you can't say shit about the NBK, cuz he braved 5th Round Lawler and lived.

I am not a big fan of his but you cannot just dislike the guy, he is one hell of an exciting fighter and overall a very good guy. Only moronic Diaz nuthuggers dislike him imo.

Hes a cool guy and everything but youre not going to have alot of fans when youre skinny with no muscle definition... dont know why he doesnt lift and get muscle, girls just dont get wet when he fights like they did with gsp or trt vitor. Theirs a reason Luke is the biggest star in the ufc rite now hes shredded and huge with massive veins.

Lawler took the fight out of Condit in the 5th and Condit may never fight again because of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back