News New Lightweight rankings post UFC 262

Wow, Dariush made a much bigger jump than I had expected. I thought they'd slot him at 5 or 6.

They are still pretending like Tony is one of the top LWs

Dariush gets a split decision win over CDF the dominates Tony yet Tony is ranked 7 spots higher than CDF.

And why did Felder move up? All he's done lately is duck Islam.

Gillespie, Islam and Hooker should all be ranked a little higher.

All it's going to take is Beniel to get into a kickboxing match with someone and he's going to get destroyed. His stand up is bang average

I think it's more than a bit inconsistent to have Gaethje retaining the 2nd overall position, but then somehow dropping Chandler down to 4th while Dariush elevates all the way to 3rd.

Seems wonky as fuck. Also why is Islam 10th behind Felder? Paul Felder is 1-2 in his last 3 and I'm pretty sure he should be 0-3 as Barboza was robbed. He lost to Perry at WW before that too, I guess that isn't LW but fuck the guy is arguably 0-4 in his last 4. Guess he beat Oliveira 3.5 years ago, sick.

They are still pretending like Tony is one of the top LWs

They don't know what to do with him. He's lost 3 straight to the #2, the champ, and the new #3, and don't want to slide him behind Hooker coming off a loss, Felder coming of a loss, and RDA who has had 3 fights at LW in 4.5 years - including a loss to Tony. Probably don't want to put him behind Makachev with one top 15 win against Drew Dober (#15), and they probably don't want him behind anyone at #11-15. It's a bit of a mess.

So Dober went up 1 in the ranking by losing against Islam? Makes total sense

They don't know what to do with him. He's lost 3 straight to the #2, the champ, and the new #3, and don't want to slide him behind Hooker coming off a loss, Felder coming of a loss, and RDA who has had 3 fights at LW in 4.5 years - including a loss to Tony. Probably don't want to put him behind Makachev with one top 15 win against Drew Dober (#15), and they probably don't want him behind anyone at #11-15. It's a bit of a mess.

Everyone in their right mind knows Tony now gets beaten by all of the top 10 and likely all of the top 15.

It's like when they still had Woodley in the top 5 after he lost 15 consecutive rounds. Finally they knocked him off after his 4th loss to Luque.

I think it's more than a bit inconsistent to have Gaethje retaining the 2nd overall position, but then somehow dropping Chandler down to 4th while Dariush elevates all the way to 3rd.

Seems wonky as fuck. Also why is Islam 10th behind Felder? Paul Felder is 1-2 in his last 3 and I'm pretty sure he should be 0-3 as Barboza was robbed. He lost to Perry at WW before that too, I guess that isn't LW but fuck the guy is arguably 0-4 in his last 4. Guess he beat Oliveira 3.5 years ago, sick.
Dariush being on a 7 fight win streak and having wins over 4 different ranked opponents justifies his spot ahead of Chandler who only beat Hooker! If RDA is #7 for barely beating Felder, then Dariush deserves at least 3-4 spots ahead. I agree about Gaethje, he should drop.

C: Oliveira
#1 Poirier
#2 Dariush
the rest

Back