News New Lightweight rankings post UFC 262

From TSN, they post the updated rankings before they appear on the UFC website

https://www.tsn.ca/ufc/rankings

Xol0Z3W.png
Well, of course. They heard the loud reaction Tony got from the walkout and kept him high as possible. Also, Thiago Moises is ranked now just because of him being booked versus Islam? Peak UFC right there.

Last edited:
Everyone in their right mind knows Tony now gets beaten by all of the top 10 and likely all of the top 15.

It's like when they still had Woodley in the top 5 after he lost 15 consecutive rounds. Finally they knocked him off after his 4th loss to Luque.

I don't know that he'd beat anyone in the top 15. Possibly he could sub Kevin Lee in a 5 round fight after getting dominated for most of it. 6 is ridiculous.

Dariush being on a 7 fight win streak and having wins over 4 different ranked opponents justifies his spot ahead of Chandler who only beat Hooker! If RDA is #7 for barely beating Felder, then Dariush deserves at least 3-4 spots ahead. I agree about Gaethje, he should drop.

C: Oliveira
#1 Poirier
#2 Dariush
the rest

I think it's silly to just disregard Chandler's entire existence outside of the UFC.

It's also not like Dariush has fought killers like you're kind of insinuating, he fought: Moises, Dober, Camacho, Klose, and Holtzman - prior to a split decision win over CDF, which is a ranked and solid win but not amazing, and then pretty much dominating a washed old Ferguson two days ago.

So I think it's more of a gray area here. I think Chandler is probably better than Dariush pretty clearly. I don't think Chandler almost finishing Oliveira and then getting caught and losing vs Dariush beating a completely washed Ferguson means that Beneil Dariush is better or should be ranked higher.

Why not put Dariush above Gaethje at that rate? Fuck it. I guess you did there lol, sorry but I think that's ridiculous. Also where are the "4 different ranked opponents"? Are we reaching back 5-6+ years ago to pull that one out of our ass?

Or are we counting 15th ranked Drew Dober who was not ranked at the time they fought probably, and honestly not sure who else. I'm not shitting on Dariush, it's just that it's very clear he has NOT done enough to be ranked 2nd or 3rd or even 4th. He just beat a geriatric Tony Ferguson who just got his ass beat twice in a row prior, but title contenders sure...but it was utter domination. We don't know how good Darush really is. He could lose to Kevin Lee or Gregor Gillispee, he could maybe beat Porier/McGregor who fucking knows.

Everyone in their right mind knows Tony now gets beaten by all of the top 10 and likely all of the top 15.

It's like when they still had Woodley in the top 5 after he lost 15 consecutive rounds. Finally they knocked him off after his 4th loss to Luque.

Yes, absolutely. They go off accomplishments of course, and he's primed for a fall as soon as the guys behind him get their next Ws. Makhachev might make a bigger jump one would expect a #10 to make for beating a #15 in Moises, just because RDA, Hooker, Felder are inactive, and Tony is on that skid.

Lee, Conor, and Felder going up is just...wow

They only moved up because Oliveira was removed as a top 15 contender and made champion. That's also what allowed Thiago Moises to break into the rankings for the first time at #15.

Bemeil and Islam are both on 7 fight win streak but Beneil is ranked #3 and Islam #10, what a joke.

And no Beneil hasn't faced tougher completion than Islam. Tony isn't even Beneil's best win...either Drew or CDF are.

THEY DID IT AGAIN

Islams opponent is now ranked.
Zero talk of this guy in the rankings but once he gets a fight with Islam he is ranked.
Drew Dober got a #15 rank and after the loss he was gone.

This isn't coincidence.
They trying to butter people out but saying look he is beating people in the top 15.

Its horseshit.

Why don’t the UFC either stop publishing these fraud ratings or just admit they’re a complete joke?

It is this shit that’s stopping MMA becoming a serious sport rather than a spectacle

THEY DID IT AGAIN

Islams opponent is now ranked.
Zero talk of this guy in the rankings but once he gets a fight with Islam he is ranked.
Drew Dober got a #15 rank and after the loss he was gone.

This isn't coincidence.
They trying to butter people out but saying look he is beating people in the top 15.

Its horseshit.

Stop assuming everything has to do with Islam.

Drew was ranked #15 before his fight with Islam was even announced. Then he dropped to #16 when they ranked Chandler following his win over Hooker.

Like someone else said, Moises was ranked #15 then lost it when they put Cowboy at 15...now they removed Cowbog and Moises is back at 15.

I think it's more than a bit inconsistent to have Gaethje retaining the 2nd overall position, but then somehow dropping Chandler down to 4th while Dariush elevates all the way to 3rd.

Seems wonky as fuck. Also why is Islam 10th behind Felder? Paul Felder is 1-2 in his last 3 and I'm pretty sure he should be 0-3 as Barboza was robbed. He lost to Perry at WW before that too, I guess that isn't LW but fuck the guy is arguably 0-4 in his last 4. Guess he beat Oliveira 3.5 years ago, sick.

Why on earth is Chandler ranked 4th when the only person he beat in the UFC is ranked 8?

Stop assuming everything has to do with Islam.

Drew was ranked #15 before his fight with Islam was even announced. Then he dropped to #16 when they ranked Chandler following his win over Hooker.

Like someone else said, Moises was ranked #15 then lost it when they put Cowboy at 15...now they removed Cowbog and Moises is back at 15.

There's shenanigans afoot.

Also you are the one saying Islam should be ahead of Dariush.
Thats straight up delusional.

Conor climbing up the rankings lol. Shouldn't even be in there.

I think it's silly to just disregard Chandler's entire existence outside of the UFC.

It's also not like Dariush has fought killers like you're kind of insinuating, he fought: Moises, Dober, Camacho, Klose, and Holtzman - prior to a split decision win over CDF, which is a ranked and solid win but not amazing, and then pretty much dominating a washed old Ferguson two days ago.

So I think it's more of a gray area here. I think Chandler is probably better than Dariush pretty clearly. I don't think Chandler almost finishing Oliveira and then getting caught and losing vs Dariush beating a completely washed Ferguson means that Beneil Dariush is better or should be ranked higher.

Why not put Dariush above Gaethje at that rate? Fuck it. I guess you did there lol, sorry but I think that's ridiculous. Also where are the "4 different ranked opponents"? Are we reaching back 5-6+ years ago to pull that one out of our ass?

Or are we counting 15th ranked Drew Dober who was not ranked at the time they fought probably, and honestly not sure who else. I'm not shitting on Dariush, it's just that it's very clear he has NOT done enough to be ranked 2nd or 3rd or even 4th. He just beat a geriatric Tony Ferguson who just got his ass beat twice in a row prior, but title contenders sure...but it was utter domination. We don't know how good Darush really is. He could lose to Kevin Lee or Gregor Gillispee, he could maybe beat Porier/McGregor who fucking knows.
"I think that's ridiculous" and then provides no reason why.
Gaethje is 5-3 in the promotion and 1-1 in last two years.
It's silly to completely forget the fact that Dariush is riding a huge win streak while ranking Chandler ahead of him for having more recent losses, less wins and over weaker opposition. Apart from Hooker, his last good win is what, freaking Yamauchi 3 years ago, who also beat nobody.
And how in the fucking hell is Dariush a problem here? What's up with RDA, Felder, McGregor, Ferguson?

Back