Elections Newsome Keeps His Governorship-- Results Not Close

I expected this to happen. It doesn't matter how much newsome fucks up, the state seems to have a large amount of systemic racism..

Elder never had a chance

:(

Rs taking another L.

#natediaznotsurprised

A Republican beat a liberal less than 20 years ago in a California gubernatorial recall election. Newsome doesn't walk on water here, Larry Elder is just a complete joke.

Arnie was a movie star though. That's the only thing California loves more than their DNC. I don't think anyone gave a shit about his politics or even knew them.

For anyone that likes this person, what are his qualities?

Any time I hear about him, it is related to things I don't like. But, I also don't live in Cali so I'm not his target voter.
the liberal media slandered larry elder as a black white supremacist from what I have heard from the people that voted against him at my job they were calling him a black trump. I think the phrase "trump republicans" won newsom the election.

It speaks to a very weak bench in the current Republican Party that they couldn’t put up a competitive candidate to oppose Newsome. The recall mechanism muddies things a bit, but this feels like a missed opportunity.
larry elder should have spammed podcasts and done more ads newsom just destroyed him with a barrage of ads in youtube he had way more ad money

Any time I hear about him, it is related to things I don't like. But, I also don't live in Cali so I'm not his target voter.
no one truly likes him, they just hate republicans. Thats been the driving factor behind the last few elections: irrational hate for anyone who is a republican politician.
They even voted in a near 80 year old barely functioning man with dementia (no offense to Biden, but being honest). Simply because they hate Trump. They dont care of the pilot of the plane is doesnt know how to fly it, at least he dissent belong to a political party that I was told to hate

Last edited:
A Republican beat a liberal less than 20 years ago in a California gubernatorial recall election. Newsome doesn't walk on water here, Larry Elder is just a complete joke.
Ah you’re a Californian? Would explain a lot

Don't get your news from rightist crazies on message boards. Politicians in the same party are generally pretty interchangeable so most of people who like him just like evidence-based policymaking, equal rights, etc. But he's a bright, competent, experienced guy who has been on the right side of the biggest issue in the state (expanding housing supply), which is one that cuts across party lines (i.e., there are Republican and Democratic NIMBYs and YIMBYs).

It speaks to a very weak bench in the current Republican Party that they couldn’t put up a competitive candidate to oppose Newsome.

It's California. Newsome is still above water in approval. He was never getting recalled, unless some celebrity like The Rock decided to run as the Republican candidate to replace him.

larry elder should have spammed podcasts and done more ads newsom just destroyed him with a barrage of ads in youtube he had way more ad money
Lol at podcasts and YouTube. Newsom won cuz we live in reality. At this point Republicans might legit be retarded and need to leave that podcast YouTube world. Candace Owens or Ben Shapiro aren’t the real world bro.

Approval/disapproval for Newsom has been consistently around 53/40. Pretty popular governor.
That isnt really relevant to my statement at all.

although Nietzsche did state that herd morality as the democratic will render everyone equal in mediocrity

Would you ever vote for a Republican governor or president? Because I’d vote for a Democrat, and no quite a few Republicans who would And have as well. The difference between the two is that Republicans over the years have been, more willing to compromise, while Democrats have become less willing

That isnt really relevant to my statement at all.

Huh? You said no one likes him. The fact that most people like him is relevant to that statement (i.e., it refutes it).

although Nietzsche did state that herd morality as the democratic will render everyone equal in mediocrity

Would you ever vote for a Republican governor or president? Because I’d vote for a Democrat, and no quite a few Republicans who would And have as well. The difference between the two is that Republicans over the years have been, more willing to compromise, while Democrats have become less willing

Talk about irrelevant. Newsom is a moderately popular governor, whose approval rating is well above average. You can say you don't like him or that you think Republicans are generally better or whatever without making factually inaccurate claims (also note that Democrats are far more willing to compromise, though your comment appears to be about the trend rather than the level and might be right in that sense).

Huh? You said no one likes him. The fact that most people like him is relevant to that statement (i.e., it refutes it).

Talk about irrelevant. Newsom is a moderately popular governor, whose approval rating is well above average. You can say you don't like him or that you think Republicans are generally better or whatever without making factually inaccurate claims (also note that Democrats are far more willing to compromise, though your comment appears to be about the trend rather than the level and might be right in that sense).
Yeah they don’t actually like him, they just prefer him over a Republican. Why do you think this was being marketed as a Trump Republican recall.

Yeah I was right then, you would never vote for a Republican even if they had policies at aligned with your ideologies. It’s partisanship no matter what you’ll always side with the opinions that go against moderates and conservatives. You’re so far gone

Back