Elections Newsome Keeps His Governorship-- Results Not Close

Don't get your news from rightist crazies on message boards. Politicians in the same party are generally pretty interchangeable so most of people who like him just like evidence-based policymaking, equal rights, etc. But he's a bright, competent, experienced guy who has been on the right side of the biggest issue in the state (expanding housing supply), which is one that cuts across party lines (i.e., there are Republican and Democratic NIMBYs and YIMBYs).
So I should get my news from condescending assholes who present opinions as fact?

I was trying to learn more about what people specifically like about Newsone and your answer was that you dislike other Americans as the reason why Newsome is good. Great justification.

Arnie was a movie star though. That's the only thing California loves more than their DNC. I don't think anyone gave a shit about his politics or even knew them.
Everyone knew he was a republican. If the Republicans ran any sort of serious, moderate candidate that wasn't an extension of the idiocy of Donald Trump, Newsom was in trouble.

Larry Elder was the problem, he's a ridiculous candidate.

no one likes hi, they just hate republicans. Thats been the driving factor behind the last few elections: irrational hate for anyone who is a republican politician.
They even voted in a near 80 year old barely functioning man with dementia (no offense to Biden, but being honest). Simply because they hate Trump. They dont care of the pilot of the plane is doesnt know how to fly it, at least he dissent belong to a political party that I was told to hate
same thing happened with the incompetent newsom people voted for him just because he is a democrat instead of the better republican candidates. when he shuts everything down again and people cant go to work for half a year they are going to go "I dIdn'T KnOw He WouLd do this" like all the biden remorse voters.

same thing happened with the incompetent newsom people voted for him just because he is a democrat instead of the better republican candidates. when he shuts everything down again and people cant go to work for half a year they are going to go "I dIdn'T KnOw He WouLd do this" like all the biden remorse voters.

Perfect example of what I’m talking about:

As I was saying, I'm not defending Newsom. I agree with the problems that you listed.
But the choice is Newsom or a Larry Elder.
I agree a billion percent that Newsom sucks and could be doing a lot more things, but I also think Elder would do a worse job. I don't see how Republicans idea of governance works in a place like California, especially when you're talking about the environment, and other social issues. As bad as a job as Newsom does, I don't see how a Republican would do better if their plans just consist of cutting taxes and regulations, and leaving things up to the fates and Darwin.

Despite the pointlessness of it, I'm actually okay with the recall just because it puts Newsom on notice. Hopefully it'll force him to address some issues.

@Jack V Savage

no one truly likes him, they just hate republicans. Thats been the driving factor behind the last few elections: irrational hate for anyone who is a republican politician.
They even voted in a near 80 year old barely functioning man with dementia (no offense to Biden, but being honest). Simply because they hate Trump. They dont care of the pilot of the plane is doesnt know how to fly it, at least he dissent belong to a political party that I was told to hate
This makes no sense. Being a Republican defines his policies. Why would someone believe he has better policies if they're antithetical to the direction that person wants? I mean a person could literally vote based on each specific policy, measured up together, but working citizens don't have time and it would make no sense for the Republican candidate to run with a more progressive platform than the Democrat.

Perfect example of what I’m talking about:

@Jack V Savage

Uh, no. I didn't vote for him because he's a Democrat. I'm not a blind partisan. IF there actually was a better candidate, I would vote for them. Larry Elder is not a better candidate.
This is not about party, it's about policy.
If you're a Republican, and you don't hold my views and values when it comes to protecting the environment, healthcare, and other social issues---why would I vote for you?
No matter how bad the Democrat is, he at least pretends to be on my side, and he will at least do somethings that align with my beliefs--or at the very least, he won't infringe on my beliefs.

How is voting for a Republican that is against what I believe in better than voting for the shitty Democrat?

Uh, no. I didn't vote for him because he's a Democrat. I'm not a blind partisan. IF there actually was a better candidate, I would vote for them. Larry Elder is not a better candidate.
This is not about party, it's about policy.
If you're a Republican, and you don't hold my views and values when it comes to protecting the environment, healthcare, and other social issues---why would I vote for you?
No matter how bad the Democrat is, he at least pretends to be on my side, and he will at least do somethings that align with my beliefs--or at the very least, he won't infringe on my beliefs.

How is voting for a Republican that is against what I believe in better than voting for the shitty Democrat?
Do tell. What would Larry elder do worse than Gavin Newsom. When was the last time you voted for a republican?

you just contradicted about yourself by claiming the Democrat politician will align with your beliefs no matter what; Making that be your reason for Democrat favoritism.
Instead of believing their campaign statements, why don’t you just look at their history. Look at what Biden has done in the past, look at what Newsom has done in the past. You reelected them because they’re Democrats. When in reality they’re corporatists. They are more like the Republicans of the 80s and 90s than you think.
You are blindly loyal to the Democrat party.

Yeah they don’t actually like him, they just prefer him over a Republican. Why do you think this was being marketed as a Trump Republican recall.

The polling data suggests that you're wrong. The question isn't about preference. It's about approval/disapproval of job performance.

Yeah I was right then, you would never vote for a Republican even if they had policies at aligned with your ideologies. It’s partisanship no matter what you’ll always side with the opinions that go against moderates and conservatives. You’re so far gone

Huh? If Republicans fixed their platform, of course I'd vote for them. What a weird view you have. :)

So I should get my news from condescending assholes who present opinions as fact?

I was trying to learn more about what people specifically like about Newsone and your answer was that you dislike other Americans as the reason why Newsome is good. Great justification.

https://ldaamerica.org/info/adult-literacy-reading-programs/

"Politicians in the same party are generally pretty interchangeable so most of people who like him just like evidence-based policymaking, equal rights, etc. But he's a bright, competent, experienced guy who has been on the right side of the biggest issue in the state (expanding housing supply), which is one that cuts across party lines (i.e., there are Republican and Democratic NIMBYs and YIMBYs)."

I guess it is okay as the Republican alternative is worse

But Newsom is scum so why be proud for him staying other than to stop GOP? Vote Newsom out next year and give California a good Democrat Governor

I hear Cuomo might be available...

The brainwashed racist Dems did everything possible to keep a successful person of color our of office who would expose the deep corruption. Nobody is shocked….

Racist Dem’s love the born rich white elitists. They aren’t smart and don’t know any better…

Well... He is a Black White Supremist....

l@nd0 good luck California.

Sincerely, from the sunshine state

Don't forget, Florida is no longer taking applications. We are full
giphy-downsized-large.gif
I dunno man; vacancies are shaking out.
merlin_189818946_a8b8c9b7-f22a-4277-ad7a-a53ae3179a83-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Lol. California just voted for even more violent crime, homelessness, and high taxes.

You get what you vote for yet Californians are somehow confounded as to why so many sane, rational people are fleeing the state.

For anyone that likes this person, what are his qualities?

Any time I hear about him, it is related to things I don't like. But, I also don't live in Cali so I'm not his target voter.

I don't think people like him so much as Elder was an utterly awful alternative. I am one of the people who would have voted to recall him if Elder wasnt leading the polls to replace him.

Do tell. What would Larry elder do worse than Gavin Newsom. When was the last time you voted for a republican?

you just contradicted about yourself by claiming the Democrat politician will align with your beliefs no matter what; Making that be your reason for Democrat favoritism.
Instead of believing their campaign statements, why don’t you just look at their history. Look at what Biden has done in the past, look at what Newsom has done in the past. You reelected them because they’re Democrats. When in reality they’re corporatists. They are more like the Republicans of the 80s and 90s than you think.
You are blindly loyal to the Democrat party.

If a Republican ran on policies that I agreed with, I would vote for him/her. There is no contradiction there, it is just you trying to stick to this dumb narrative that you think is a 'gotcha'.

There are only 2 choices in an election. Almost every single time, the Democrat is going to more closely align with my politics than the Republican. If my key issues are Healthcare, the Environment, and Education...why the hell would I ever vote for a Republican that doesn't believe in those things?
If some magical unicorn Republican came along that believed in what I believed in, then he wouldn't be a Republican.
This isn't about voting on party lines, it's about voting on policy, and particular parties usually have particular policies.

GOP ran the worst kind of candidate for a typically blue state. A populist fiscal conservative might have won.

The GOP ran a crazy, fringe social conservative. Every one of Elder's sound bytes is like he's helping Newsome cut a new ad.

Everyone knew he was a republican. If the Republicans ran any sort of serious, moderate candidate that wasn't an extension of the idiocy of Donald Trump, Newsom was in trouble.

Larry Elder was the problem, he's a ridiculous candidate.
Elder considers himself a libertarian

Ok well stay on course California. Elder probably wouldn’t have done anything magical anyway. It would have been a rebuttal against a pretty corrupt system, and that would have been cool, but whatever and carry on.

Back