Next fight for Izzy at 185: Till or Weidman

Lol at Weidman
Right now Izzy is looking at a Whittaker or vitorri rematch.
I think that's what the UFC will do at 185

Yeah sure let’s go give a title shot to an overrated Brit that lost to Whittaker who is on an absolute tear and likely destroys Costa.

It should be Whittaker next (if he wins). It’s a predictable fight where Izzy likely wins again but it’s a total disrespect to not give him the TS.

Now if Costa wins then maybe we can talk about Till - Vettori winner getting the TS. And even in that fight Vettori likely dominates Till.

Lol if Weidman managed to not get sniped he'd actually become champion again.

Izzy has no ground game, and Weidman is a monster wrestler, better than Jan

If you put a gun to my head, I wanna see Till challenging for the belt. That has the potential of being an absolutely spectacular technical stand-up battle.
I have no interest in a Weidman fight, and as a matter of fact, I think he would get beat easily, judging by his last performances.

Then again, maybe Thompson can prepare Weidman very well for Stylebender. Who am I to talk ...

I hope it's going to be Till, if only for the intelligible trash talk.
I would like the see them going back and forth, till is pretty good at shittalking with that scouse accent but doesnt seem to do it all that often. From what I've seen hes mostly respectful of other fighters. Izzy just seems to illicit annoyance from everyone he fights though so could be good.

I would like the see them going back and forth, till is pretty good at shittalking with that scouse accent but doesnt seem to do it all that often. From what I've seen hes mostly respectful of other fighters. Izzy just seems to illicit annoyance from everyone he fights though so could be good.
Kinda like you watch an episode of the Office. The British original.

Lmao people wanna see Weidman die in the octagon. Shame on you TS. Leave teh chris alone!

Based on what Till deserves a TS?

He's 1-3 in his last 4 with the only win being a split decision win against a guy who is 1-3 in his last 4 (he was 0-3 and they fed him a can). He also got slept by a LW

Say what you will about Weidman and his struggles in recent years but if he can take Izzy down he can prove to be a much tougher matchup for him than you'd otherwise think just by looking at their records.

I hope Vettori beats Till so we can see him face Izzy again. Their first fight was a split decision and both have improved since then imo.

Whittaker rematch if he beats Costa. Will be going on 2 years since their last encounter later this year, and they've both looked great at MW since last meeting each other. Robs an exciting talented fighter, and has earned it.

Holland. The prefight beef will be fun too.

He should fight Weidman and get his 2nd loss outta the way

Isn't Weidman rematching Uriah Hall next? If Hall beats Weidman he'll be on a 4 fight streak, I say make Izzy vs Hall after that.

What world are we living in where Weidman is stepping over everyone else in the divison due to a win over Ahkmedov.

I don't hate Till, but I just don't get the hype. Besides the Cowboy fight, his fights are very uneventful and all he does is that YMCA dance routine with his arms and throws close to nothing, and whatever he throws is the exact same thing.

I know this is MMA math, but Weidman lost to Dom, Jacare and Rockhold who Blach beat. He also lost to Romero. So what shine is there for Izzy to harvest? I think Vettori, Costa and Whittaker rematches are more interesting, despite me not really digging rematches. So, hey, put Kevin Holland in there. I'd take that over Weidman as well.

Sad that the midddleweight division has devolved in that suggestions for the next title fight are fighters that have gone 1-3 and 2-5 their last fights. I remember there being a time if you had any less than a 5 fight winning streak your name wasn't worth being mentioned.
TS picked guys rated 7 & 11. Do that in any division and it would seem sad

He is going to beat down Weidman and Till with ease. Boring fights. Middleweight sucks.

If you put a gun to my head, I wanna see Till challenging for the belt. That has the potential of being an absolutely spectacular technical stand-up battle.
Till has been extremely low volume for going on 4 years now.

His last 5 fights:

1. A unanimous decision loss where he landed only 41 strikes in 25 minutes.

2. A split decision victory where he landed only 36 strikes in 15 minutes and was outlanded in 2 of the 3 rounds.

3. A brutal KO loss.

4. A submission loss in which he landed 1 strike over the entire 9+ minutes that the fight lasted.

5. A controversial home-cooked decision victory where he landed only 38 strikes in 25 minutes.

Back