Social NFL assumes black athletes started off dumber, and must show greater cognitive decline than whites

This will be funny as hell for the left outrage.

"POC need help because they are not smart enough to get into college or get id.

Hey the NFL is racist because they think POC are not as smart as white people "

TBF the NFL is ran by the Ginger Hammer and we all know how much of a shithead he is.

Top 10 Douche of All Time. Probably cracks the top 5.

Yeah, of all the crying about little inconsequential racial things, this here is actually 100% a system with a built in racist component that directly hurts people based on their race

Hope the NFL gets put through the grinder for it and can't sweep it under the rug

Come on Kaep, this is actually something to grab hold of and make go viral online

Kap probably can't due to his settlement but we shouldn't expect integrity out of him anyways. He's not actually interested in addressing actual systematic racism like we have here. If this story is accurate, it's a gross example of racism in the modern era, where it has no place. Especially since the majority of current and retired NFL players are black. The NFL is leaving these guys out to dry.

Well they weren't sympathetic / supportive of Kaepernik and others kneeling, back when Trump was in office.

Can you keep your TDS out of this thread? It has nothing to do with anything here.

Sometimes you get stories like this where the racism is so egregiously blatant you just laugh at the audacity. I wonder what fucktard came up with this formula and how no one was like "umm... this is going to be a problem?"

Can anyone explain to me what it is the NFLPA actually does for the players?

The sport with the worst brain injuries is also the one that puts former players as the head of the PA instead of ... lawyers and competent people.

Sometimes you get stories like this where the racism is so egregiously blatant you just laugh at the audacity. I wonder what fucktard came up with this formula and how no one was like "umm... this is going to be a problem?"

The sport with the worst brain injuries is also the one that puts former players as the head of the PA instead of ... lawyers and competent people.
It's amazing to compare the NFLPA and the NHL players union and how differently they run things/what is important to the unions.

Can you keep your TDS out of this thread? It has nothing to do with anything here.

What I said is very much pertinent, because it directly refers to the behavior of the NFL in recent memory.

You guys are still on the "but but muh TDS" schtick. Soo pathetic, because that is all you got.

the term "woke" has clearly become frail racist codespeak for "Im threatened by black people who want equal treatment"

What I said is very much pertinent, because it directly refers to the behavior of the NFL in recent memory.

You guys are still on the "but but muh TDS" schtick. Soo pathetic, because that is all you got.
Don't take "TDS" away from them. It's the only thing that gets them out of bed in the morning now.

We need entrance exams to enter the NFL. This way they can track each players regression accurately.

Interesting read but its not the NFL that makes these assumptions. The NFL is using a pre-existing set of norms created by someone in the 90s and used in a variety of spaces.

Now, the interesting question to me is this: If people think that it's bad form for the NFL to use these norms, do they also agree that its bad form wherever these norms are applied? Because it's the norms that make the presumption.

And, of course, if these norms are problematic and being used in a variety of different places, isn't that exactly what a systemic problem looks like?

Interesting read but its not the NFL that makes these assumptions. The NFL is using a pre-existing set of norms created by someone in the 90s and used in a variety of spaces.

Now, the interesting question to me is this: If people think that it's bad form for the NFL to use these norms, do they also agree that its bad form wherever these norms are applied? Because it's the norms that make the presumption.

And, of course, if these norms are problematic and being used in a variety of different places, isn't that exactly what a systemic problem looks like?

Stop making so much sense, this is a woke circlejerk thread.

Yes on all counts. And if there are other places this lunacy is being implemented, they damn sure should be taken to task the same the NFL should now.

And honestly, it's not just "bad form" imo. It's plain and simple racism with almost no effort to even hide it.

Also, if anyone is interested in these Heaton norms, they don't actually see a difference between black and white individuals based on race. Rather, race acts as a proxy for a host of social and environmental factors.

It is considered unlikely that race has a direct causal effect on differences in adult cognition, so race/ethnicity is viewed as a proxy for other factors, much like has been discussed about education (Manly, Byrd, Touradji, & Stern, 2004).

It was you who brought Trump up. Talk about the article and leave your TDS in threads where it's relevant. It's not here.

Stop making so much sense, this is a woke circlejerk thread.

If you can point out other places where this "formula" is being used (I don't care who it is...police departments, government, corps, anywhere) then yep, I'm woke as hell and will gladly point out their racism.

And I'm not implying this "formula" isn't used elsewhere, it may well be. I just don't know of any other specific instances where it's been made public.

The NFL is wrong, so is College when it awards you for being a certain race. Can't we just treat people the same.....

This is such a panamaican post. "Do people who think it's racist for the NFL to think black people are dumber also think it's racist if other organizations think black people are dumber?" Hmm... I wonder what the answer is.

What other institutions are using cognitive race norms that indicate this is a systemic problem?

If you can point out other places where this "formula" is being used (I don't care who it is...police departments, government, corps, anywhere) then yep, I'm woke as hell and will gladly point out their racism.

And I'm not implying this "formula" isn't used elsewhere, it may well be. I just don't know of any other specific instances where it's been made public.

Agreed. Let's call this out where it is and eliminate it. This doesn't appear to be the type of "systematic racism" we hear about today, as that usually amounts to vague anecdotal evidence. This is real and this is a serious problem.

Also, if anyone is interested in these Heaton norms, they don't actually see a difference between black and white individuals based on race. Rather, race acts as a proxy for a host of social and environmental factors.

Relevant I guess, but if the results still are used to discriminate by race (even if the route taken is a proxy) it doesn't change the fact it's racist.

I can't speak to other instances of course because I don't know of any specifically. But this one with the NFL...they are screwing former black players out of settlement $ that they deserve based on these results. If this Heaton formula says "Well it's not due to lack of intellect...but environmental factors" that very much sounds like a sketchy way of not paying while trying to avoid looking racist.

It was you who brought Trump up. Talk about the article and leave your TDS in threads where it's relevant. It's not here.

I brought him up because I was referring to a time period where the NFL was not sympathetic to Kaep. This time period was when Trump was in office. Trump was know for being very anti Kaep.

So no one is allowed to mention Trump, even when the context demands it? You guys really need to cope better.

Back