NFL Draft Discussion: 2020

Who will be the best QB of the draft?

• Total voters
Denzel Mims is my underrated WR prospect. Huge catch radius and fast as hell for his size.

This WR class is bonkers.

I think he's gone by the early 2nd round after his combine.Could still work on his route running, the rest is pretty elite though.

Denzel Mims is my underrated WR prospect. Huge catch radius and fast as hell for his size.

This WR class is bonkers.
"Underrated" - I think he still goes first round

"Underrated" - I think he still goes first round
Dont ever hear him mentioned with the other WRs. Even behind Higgins, Shenault etc.

The draft guys at Arrowhead Pride are really high on him, and he would fit perfectly in Spags' scheme- could move him inside on passing downs in their Nascar packages.

“NASCAR package” fucking hillbillies lol

Im all aboard the Love/Hurts to Las Vegas wagon. I hope Hurts makes it to 19.

“NASCAR package” fucking hillbillies lol
Most of the ppl that race stock car, grew up rich. Racing is a super expensive sport to participate, probably the most expensive of any sport actually.

Im all aboard the Love/Hurts to Las Vegas wagon. I hope Hurts makes it to 19.

I dont buy the Hurts (Dak) and Love (Mahomes) comparisons.
Dak was more accurate in college and Mahomes while raw was much less turnover prone than Love.I dont see either working out

I dont buy the Hurts (Dak) and Love (Mahomes) comparisons.
Dak was more accurate in college and Mahomes while raw was much less turnover prone than Love.I dont see either working out
I dont put much of any weight into comparisons. People always want to use those as a projection for players and I think thats a really poor way to evaluate anyone.

Both of those kids have tremendous upside with the real chance of being a bust. Love especially had a bad situation surrounding him to go along with some poor decision making. But nothing alarming that cant be improved upon. Hurts will take more building specifically to his strengths/weaknesses.

Niners have action and there are no live sports, time to grind some tape

Eric Crocker way down on CeeDee Lamb, which surprises me. Ranks both Bama WRs over him

Eric Crocker way down on CeeDee Lamb, which surprises me. Ranks both Bama WRs over him
Anyone not over the moon about Ceedee is a try hard.

Ruggs has a different skillset than Jeudy & Lamb.

If a Team wants the best pure deep threat in this Draft (Lions ?), i have no Problem with them taking Ruggs over Jeudy/Lamb.
Separation is key whether through Speed (Ruggs) or technique (Jeudy).

I don't think Ruggs is strictly a speed guy, but I'm still wary of drafting a small speedster WR. The track record of them translating to the NFL is pretty small, and his college production isn't that great either (probably 3rd best WR on that team, which isn't a knock - insane WR room).

Lamb being a "small" wr for his speed (not a burner) is why I'm seeing some knock him. But dude just "looks like a football player" when you see him play. Sort of like OBJ who didn't blow the combine away, he knows how to get the ball and what to do with it when he does.

I would take Jeudy over him all day, but I don't get rating Ruggs higher than him at all. Ruggs is fast, runs good routes, and has good-not-great ball skills, but the production isn't anywhere near where it needs to be to be considered a top pick.

I'd go
1. Jeudy
2. Lamb
3. Higgins
4. Shenault
5. Ruggs
6. Reagor
7. Jefferson

And then some distance before you get into the rest like Mims, Aiyuk, Hamler, etc.

I guess i'm down on Shenault.
I get some Cordarelle Patterson vibes from him.
Certainly strong with the ball in his hands, but the routes and hands are big issues.
And i certaiinly wouldnt spend a 1st or 2nd rd pick for a Gadget player.

One WR who's really flying under the radar is KJ Hill.The guy does nothing but constantly be open and murked CBs at the Senior Bowl.He could be this drafts Terry McLaurin

Another guy is Michael Pittman who could end up as a Middle class version of Mike Evans.A beast at the catchpoint and surprisingly fast for his size.

Tier 1
Jerry Jeudy
Ceedee Lamb
Henry Ruggs

Tier 2
Jalen Reagor-victim of bad QB play, gets open
KJ Hill
Tee Higgins-Could be the next Alshon Jeffery, actually Higgins is a better route runner
Justin Jefferson-Murders people in the slot
Michael Pittman
Denzel Mims

Tier 3 (The Route Runners)
Tyler Johnson-2nd or 3rd best route runner in this draft
Brandon Aiyuk
Bryan Edwards-quick release,another victim of a bad offensive scheme (Will Muschamp................)
Van Jefferson

Tier 4 (Elite traits with some issues)
KJ Hamler-probably the 2nd fastest WR in this class, takes some bad angles at times and had issues with Drops
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Laviska Shenault

Tier 5 (The Slot machines)
Easop Winston-also did well outside
Freddie Swaim
Devin Duvernay-Winston & Swaim are better route runners

Tier 6
Isiah Hodgins
Dezmon Patmon-fast, hands & concentration issues
John Hightower
Jauan Jennings-Great YAC guy,is slow
Collin Johnson-Huge target, fairly quick for his size