NHL 2020-2021 Season Discussion: The Battle for Covid Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always been known that they do this. Guy juts blurted it out. So they fire the guy for leaking the biggest "open secret" in sports officiating? It's a joke. It's not like questionable make up calls are gonna stop, or the refs are gonna stop dictating the pace of the game.

What's next, a ref caught on a hot mic admitting they protect the big stars and give them more leeway with the rules? LOL @ the NHL citing the "integrity of the game" to justify the firing.

That all said, it's nice to see a ref actually have to answer for their bullshit. They're like some weird secret society that never has to answer for anything. They could make the worst call in history changing the outcome of a Championship game, and you'd be lucky to see them answer one question from the press. So while I think the NHL is full of shit here, it is nice to see some accountability among the officials.
This is in every level of hockey right down to Peewee House League

This is in every level of hockey right down to Peewee House League

It's not even just hockey. It's every sport.

It kills me, hearing all these self righteous "experts" and Twitter twats talking about how this is like some kind of big bust, like they just uncovered some big secret, and they demand the integrity of the game be held up. Just have robots call the game then. Right down to a tee. Every little slash, every little hook, every little foul in basketball...

You wouldn't even have a game.

Sucks they're not playing a full season. McDavid on pace for 142 points over 82. Absolutely absurd in 2021.

He wouldn't be playing 9 games each against Ottawa and Vancouver though... but he would be playing games against Buffalo and Detroit in a regular season.
<seedat>

I wonder if that would be enough to make up the difference?

He wouldn't be playing 9 games each against Ottawa and Vancouver though... but he would be playing games against Buffalo and Detroit in a regular season.
<seedat>

I wonder if that would be enough to make up the difference?

in a regular season, i don't think so...he would probably only play Ottawa, Buffalo and Detroit twice each...if that. He would still have about 4 games against Vancouver though, not 7-8 games.

McDavid is still one heck of a talent though.

Does anyone know why there appears to be no more games on espn +. No live games, just in the crease.

Does anyone know why there appears to be no more games on espn +. No live games, just in the crease.
Has their deal officially started? Thought they were still with NBC until the end of this season.

Nice of the Flyers to end the Sabres 18 game winless streak.

Jack Campbell sets a new NHL record for a goaltending winning streak with a new team.

Leafs Management: "Is Andersen ready yet? He's our #1 goalie!"

I swear to fuck, if the Leafs sit this guy for Andersen to get "back to game form", I'm officially a Bruins fan.

Holy crap Elliot Friedman looks strung out on the NHL Network right now.

Jack Campbell sets a new NHL record for a goaltending winning streak with a new team.

Leafs Management: "Is Andersen ready yet? He's our #1 goalie!"

I swear to fuck, if the Leafs sit this guy for Andersen to get "back to game form", I'm officially a Bruins fan.
He’s racking up those wins for me in fantasy

Fuck the queefs anytime otherwise tho

Cole Caufield won the Hobey to the surprise of nobody.

As a Leaf fan I’m really hoping the can acquire Nick Foligno

Man, I can't bring myself to watch any recent games with these divisions. I tried to watch some of the Jets/Habs game tonight but I feel like I've already seen it 65 times this year.

Hopefully the playoffs are more intriguing.

@Rawex

Buffalo can't catch a break, Foligno and Palmieri+Zajac got a first back and they pretty much get a late second rounder for Taylor Hall. :D

@Rawex

Buffalo can't catch a break, Foligno and Palmieri+Zajac got a first back and they pretty much get a late second rounder for Taylor Hall. :D
CBJ have 3 first round picks in next draft + they probably trade a goalie + Laine is RFA next summer, If he tells Jarmo that he wants to leave. Damn how many first rounders CJB ends up with, 5? 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back