Opinion No, comic books didn't 'become' left wing, they always have been.

So you're really going to tell me with a straight face that the X-men aren't an allegory for LGBT kids 'coming out' and the broader civil rights movement?
With a straight face I'm saying "no" that's not what it was about.

It's this
The X Men were used to portray the Civil Rights Movement of the 60's. Mutants stood in for Blacks, while Professor X and Magneto represented idealised versions of King and Malcom X respectively.

Russia did meddle in the election like every intelligence agency said. Your hot takes suck today.

You also ignored the republicans trying to over turn an election based off of lies and their destruction of voting rights across the country. I knew you’d run from it. This is what you always do.

Oh no, they bought Facebook ads.

<Ellaria01>

Wow what the Republicans did was embarrassing. It doesn't even come close to "muh Russia".

Fun fact: Captain Planet, the environmentalist super hero, was originally meant to be a conservative hero named Professor Profit Margins who dumped oil in rivers, slaughtered endangered species, and gave children cancer so that GE stock outperformed the market.
What if somebody slipped something in his girlfriends drink

strictly talking make belief comic book stuff

Batman, Superman, Captain America, etc... Have nothing in comparison to the powers beholden by liberal superhero duo
Ace and Gary...

They have also always been very gay friendly, what with all the tight lycra and the muscles and the short shorts.
Didn't DC create 2 love interests for Batman and Robin (Batwoman and her sidekick Bat-Girl) in 1961 specifically to distance themselves from the gay community and their speculations that bachelor Batman and Robin were supposed to be a gay couple?

Didn't DC create 2 love interests for Batman and Robin (Batwoman and her sidekick Bat-Girl) in 1961 specifically to distance themselves from the gay community and their speculations that bachelor Batman and Robin were supposed to be a gay couple?
I don't know man, I don't read children's comics.

av213j.jpg

To think that Captain America, a character who loves his country, served in its army, and admittedly prays and respects God is "left wing" for some reason is hilarious. He was created by deeply religious Jewish men. If you want to say he's a classic Liberal, respecting the rights of all humans then I can agree with that. Todays leftists aren't liberal, they don't respect the rights and speech of others. Captain America, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Luke Cage, etc wouldn't hit someone for wearing a MAGA hat. They wouldn't try to shut down opposing views on College Campuses.

What is hilarious is how much right wingers talk about leftwingers and our beliefs, and yet, you guys have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about 95% of the time.
According to you, we hate our country, we don't serve in the military, we murder babies, we all hate guns, and we are all atheists.
People like you, Shapiro, and the rest of the FOX news crew act like the left are fucking demons.

Loving America doesn't mean I have to love everything about America. Loving America doesn't mean I should never criticize America. Defending America against actual aggressors is not right wing.
The right wing do not own the copyrights to the Bible. Just because we believe in the separation of church and state, that doesn't mean we are all godless heathens.
But yes, let's keep judging the left on the actions of 19 year olds being intentionally provoked by grifters and assholes like Milo and Shapiro.

You literally just ignored my OP didn't you?

Yeah, I read your OP. You had me at progressive, lost me at "Left Wing" thread title.

382103_269655489823912_1069273900_n.jpg

This is "Left Wing" to you? Okaaaaaay............

If you want to say "classic liberal" I'm fine with that. Or socially progressive as it pertains to championing the rights and liberties of all then I'm onboard. But "Leftist"?

protestors-burning-items-portland.jpg

Non-binary type burning a Bible and American flag in Portland. Which established comic book character lines up with this way of thinking? They might fight for free speech but burning a Bible, Koran, or Torah in public in an effort to say "F*ck your religion!"? You think Captain America who lost friends in WWII would say "Here, let me help you get that flag lit"?

Last edited:
What is hilarious is how much right wingers talk about leftwingers and our beliefs, and yet, you guys have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about 95% of the time.
According to you, we hate our country, we don't serve in the military, we murder babies, we all hate guns, and we are all atheists.
People like you, Shapiro, and the rest of the FOX news crew act like the left are fucking demons.

Loving America doesn't mean I have to love everything about America. Loving America doesn't mean I should never criticize America. Defending America against actual aggressors is not right wing.
The right wing do not own the copyrights to the Bible. Just because we believe in the separation of church and state, that doesn't mean we are all godless heathens.
But yes, let's keep judging the left on the actions of 19 year olds being intentionally provoked by grifters and assholes like Milo and Shapiro.

Are you a leftist? One who burns the American Flag or Bibles in public? Do you smash windows at Police Stations or trash cars because they have stickers from the political opposition? Do you support those who do? If so, you're an asshole, I don't care what you choose to call yourself.

You've gone this route before, wrongly calling people "right wing" and "Republican" when you don't even know them. Myself included. Starting with a premise that myself or anyone else fits neatly into your "opposition" category is dumb. Really dumb.

You're saying that you're a "Leftist". I'm not labeling myself. I'm too complex and not the type to conform to labels. Good on you for labeling yourself. Enjoy it if that's what comforts you.

Are you a leftist? One who burns the American Flag or Bibles in public? Do you smash windows at Police Stations or trash cars because they have stickers from the political opposition? Do you support those who do? If so, you're an asshole, I don't care what you choose to call yourself.

You've gone this route before, wrongly calling people "right wing" and "Republican" when you don't even know them. Myself included. Starting with a premise that myself or anyone else fits neatly into your "opposition" category is dumb. Really dumb.

You're saying that you're a "Leftist". I'm not labeling myself. I'm too complex and not the type to conform to labels. Good on you for labeling yourself. Enjoy it if that's what comforts you.

You can label or not label yourself all you want, it doesn't matter. I'm not judging you by what label you do or don't have, I am responding to the words that you typed. You waste time and words again focusing on labels, ignoring the obvious meat of the argument.
For this thread, and any other, I don't care about labels, I am always addressing the actual arguments, not blindly taking sides based on party. But we are in a thread talking about 'left wing' and 'right wing' beliefs/ideas.

And the words that you typed, and correct me if I'm wrong, but they seem to be suggesting that the left hate this country, are all atheists, and don't believe in defending the country from aggressors. You can call yourself whatever you want, but those ideas are often repeated by right wing media.

What constitutes "left wing" has changed. 10 years ago, being on the left meant you supported economic measures to give people equality of opportunity, you thought gay marriage was OK and free speech needed to be protected. Now it means you separate everyone by race, hate all cops, support men in female sports and want to inject little kids with puberty blockers that ruin their lives.

No... there was no political attachment apart from nationalism in a lot of comics. You don't get to claim " being a good person " as being a left leaning trait.....

You guys really do think highly off yourselves and lowly of the other.

What?

People are dropping examples of political messages in the thread.

And you're just plugging your ears and screaming "no it's not real".

Yeah, I read your OP. You had me at progressive, lost me at "Left Wing" thread title.

382103_269655489823912_1069273900_n.jpg

This is "Left Wing" to you? Okaaaaaay............

If you want to say "classic liberal" I'm fine with that. Or socially progressive as it pertains to championing the rights and liberties of all then I'm onboard. But "Leftist"?

protestors-burning-items-portland.jpg

Non-binary type burning a Bible and American flag in Portland. Which established comic book character lines up with this way of thinking? They might fight for free speech but burning a Bible, Koran, or Torah in public in an effort to say "F*ck your religion!"? You think Captain America who lost friends in WWII would say "Here, let me help you get that flag lit"?

I don't think you know shit about the left other than what you're spoonfed by whatever media it is that makes you take a handful of pictures to paint with broad strokes.

You're just an angry little man.

What?

People are dropping examples of political messages in the thread.

And you're just plugging your ears and screaming "no it's not real".

I don't believe people go into left and right as often as you guys have a obsession for. I don't think someone who creates a character with good ideals or motives has to be " left-wing "
... hell or even a decent person themselves, and someone who creates a " evil character " is evil.

Not all fiction writers/ artists were pushing political statements....... probably fewer than those not...

Look into recent history with jk Rowling. She was quite popular with the lbgtqia crowd at the beginning because people saw what they wanted to interept it as. And made a tonne of assumptions about her and her character and hidden motives etc... now? She's a transphobe lol

Stan Lee was a democrat .... I can tell because he said so.... other than that this seems to be the standard left v right pissing match

You can label or not label yourself all you want, it doesn't matter. I'm not judging you by what label you do or don't have, I am responding to the words that you typed. You waste time and words again focusing on labels, ignoring the obvious meat of the argument.
For this thread, and any other, I don't care about labels, I am always addressing the actual arguments, not blindly taking sides based on party. But we are in a thread talking about 'left wing' and 'right wing' beliefs/ideas.

And the words that you typed, and correct me if I'm wrong, but they seem to be suggesting that the left hate this country, are all atheists, and don't believe in defending the country from aggressors. You can call yourself whatever you want, but those ideas are often repeated by right wing media.

I don't know if the "The Left" hates this Country. It's not a point I'm trying to make. Do you think that the people who burn the American flag and religious text in public are "Right Wing Conservatives"?
How about those that ignore that we ended slavery at an early point in our nation's history? Or ones that want to overthrow a system that makes the MOST BLACK MILLIONAIRES of any nation?

Protestors_BM_3.jpg

The argument is "Comics are left wing. Always have been". How are you addressing this? How are you proving or disproving the OP?

You injected "Right Wing" into your opposing viewpoint of what I typed.

You've done this type of thing in the past, using "Republican" when you believe that label must fit the poster you are arguing against. Read my other posts in this thread. It's my opinion. You have your opinion. OP's given their opinion. Our opinions don't make us right, but I've been backing mine up with examples that appear anything but "Left Wing". Doesn't make them "Right Wing", just serves to bolster my opinion and the point I'm making.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back