Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
NBA followers (ignp, Dusty, Joe B, anyone else):

Do you ever watch the Thunder play and wonder how Westbrook can look so much more athletic than everyone else? In a league filled with ridiculous athletes, he always looks like he's playing at a different speed. I haven't watched them in a awhile but I'm watching now and I'm reminded how freakishly athletic this guy is. I would pay a pretty decent sum of $ to have his athleticism for one day and roll down to one of the spots I play rec league ball at and dominate. I play in pretty competitive leagues (former college players and stuff) but would be amazing to get to do what he does for a day.

Do you ever watch the Thunder play and wonder how Westbrook can look so much more athletic than everyone else? In a league filled with ridiculous athletes, he always looks like he's playing at a different speed. I haven't watched them in a awhile but I'm watching now and I'm reminded how freakishly athletic this guy is. I would pay a pretty decent sum of $ to have his athleticism for one day and roll down to one of the spots I play rec league ball at and dominate. I play in pretty competitive leagues (former college players and stuff) but would be amazing to get to do what he does for a day.
Yeah he is something else. Still shoots too many 3's though(under 30% this year)

I hope we see bad Westbrook as I am on the Cavs in this one lol.

more so than just his athleticism, its his fearlessness and strength that set him apart from the rest of the league. im sure there are guys that can jump higher and run faster than him, but there's maybe a handful of guys that are on the same level as he is in terms the total package. ive even heard comments among players that he could be the best defender in the league if he decided he wanted to dedicate his efforts on that side of the court (and i really wouldnt doubt it)

special talent, special player

more so than just his athleticism, its his fearlessness and strength that set him apart from the rest of the league. im sure there are guys that can jump higher and run faster than him, but there's maybe a handful of guys that are on the same level as he is in terms the total package. ive even heard comments among players that he could be the best defender in the league if he decided he wanted to dedicate his efforts on that side of the court (and i really wouldnt doubt it)

special talent, special player

Agree and it's also how quickly he gets off the floor. There's guys that jump higher for sure (LOL Gordon and Levine to name a couple) but I watch him and (along with his willingness to fight inside with the bigs, fearlessness like you said) it's evident that the main reason he's such an amazing rebounder for a guy his size is that when he jumps he's off the floor SO quickly he just beats guys to the ball.

Irving out with flu like symptoms ugh. Cavs are so thin right now.

Lebron got the look in his eye today though.

Agree and it's also how quickly he gets off the floor. There's guys that jump higher for sure (LOL Gordon and Levine to name a couple) but I watch him and (along with his willingness to fight inside with the bigs, fearlessness like you said) it's evident that the main reason he's such an amazing rebounder for a guy his size is that when he jumps he's off the floor SO quickly he just beats guys to the ball.
wanna hear something crazy? im pretty sure he couldn't dunk a ball until his senior year of high school LOL at one point in time, i was more athletic than Russell Westbrook

@Jae Gibbz and anyone else who wants that WWE money, keep an eye out. The shifting is possibly coming soon, little money came in on ADR and Ryback/Show/Kane

@Jae Gibbz and anyone else who wants that WWE money, keep an eye out. The shifting is possibly coming soon, little money came in on ADR and Ryback/Show/Kane
hey JB how doyou know who is gonna win and who to bet on? is wrestling pretty obvious ?

hey JB how doyou know who is gonna win and who to bet on? is wrestling pretty obvious ?
Its incredibily obvious. The day of the event, you refresh the page like a motherfucker. Once that insider info comes in, the lines move drastically in favor who is scripted to win. Its important to keep an eye out on the lines at all times cause within 3 mins a -400 favorite could be -4000, but if you're there during the shift you can cake easy.

Even without that, its beyond predictable in a lot of circumstances, especially when i've been watching since a little kid. But following the line shifts is guaranteed money, everytime.

I'm a little worried 5d is getting smarter, don't think its ever taken this long for lines to move. We'll see though.

Goddam WWE fucking me out of my parlay by having huge favorites Wyatt Family lose

Hope you guys tailed on Reigns when I kept pushing that line, especially when it was at -260. Added juice to many a parlay.

Goddam WWE fucking me out of my parlay by having huge favorites Wyatt Family lose

Hope you guys tailed on Reigns when I kept pushing that line, especially when it was at -260. Added juice to many a parlay.
Went with Reigns, Charlotte, AJ Styles and Kewin Owens parlay. Thanks for the tips :)

As for today, Napoli, United and Sporting Lisbon to win singles and a parlay.
Bruins and Capitals from NHL. Just not sure if i go with in regulation bets or not.

NBA

I think i really like the lakers +9 tonight. i am considering putting two units on them in this game but im scared this is sort of a trap. the Bucks arent good enough on defense (or offense for that matter) to cover this spread 50% of the time. with the lakers playing last night, it could mean less minutes for Kobe tonight, which seems to bring out the best out of their younger players since they dont need to defer to the aging legend. id argue this spread should be closer to 6.5 or 7 so were getting line value here. i actually wouldnt be surprised if they somehow found a way to win this game, the bucks look awful at times this season. lakers +9 for 1u

Man Utd, Napoli, Burton, Sporting Lisbon 4 four fold for me tonight in the soccer

NBA

I think i really like the lakers +9 tonight. i am considering putting two units on them in this game but im scared this is sort of a trap. the Bucks arent good enough on defense (or offense for that matter) to cover this spread 50% of the time. with the lakers playing last night, it could mean less minutes for Kobe tonight, which seems to bring out the best out of their younger players since they dont need to defer to the aging legend. id argue this spread should be closer to 6.5 or 7 so were getting line value here. i actually wouldnt be surprised if they somehow found a way to win this game, the bucks look awful at times this season. lakers +9 for 1u
Tailing for 2u

CBB

Miami FL
-1.5 3u
Siena
-2 3u
Texas
+1.5 2.5u
West Virginia
-5.5 3u

NBA

Knicks +3.5 2.5