Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in case anyone is willing to have some money tied up for a bit in search of some value, I think the Cardinals to win the SB and NFC have extremely solid value (+1200 and +675, respectively). This was a top 4 team last season who only got better and healthier in the offseason. Football is tough to play w futures because injuries play such a pivotal part in a team's success but honestly, the Cardinals might be the most talented team if you factor in both offense and defense.

I agree with basically all of this, but man you are SO right about injuries though. And Palmer has shown to have knees that aren't exactly immune to major injury (the one way back when in the playoffs when he was on Cincy vs Pitt is one thing--brutal hit directly one it--but the more recent one it just sort of randomly gave out and boom ACL torn).

They do have some electric playmakers with Johnson now at RB and their very good receiving corps. Good additions in the offseason like you said. Not sure on Honey Badger status, I know he started runnning in March but haven't paid attention since.

With Lacy looking to be in better shape and Jordy Nelson back, I'm hoping my Packers are in the mix too. Schedule looks favorable for them. I still think Rodgers is the best player in the league. He took AZ to OT on the road with no Jordy, no Cobb, and no Adams at WR in the playoffs. Janis made a couple big plays but getting all the weapons back this year hopefully means the Packer offense goes back to being dominant.

I agree with basically all of this, but man you are SO right about injuries though. And Palmer has shown to have knees that aren't exactly immune to major injury (the one way back when in the playoffs when he was on Cincy vs Pitt is one thing--brutal hit directly one it--but the more recent one it just sort of randomly gave out and boom ACL torn).

They do have some electric playmakers with Johnson now at RB and their very good receiving corps. Good additions in the offseason like you said. Not sure on Honey Badger status, I know he started runnning in March but haven't paid attention since.

With Lacy looking to be in better shape and Jordy Nelson back, I'm hoping my Packers are in the mix too. Schedule looks favorable for them. I still think Rodgers is the best player in the league. He took AZ to OT on the road with no Jordy, no Cobb, and no Adams at WR in the playoffs. Janis made a couple big plays but getting all the weapons back this year hopefully means the Packer offense goes back to being dominant.
Are you a GB fan by any chance?

Oh yeah. Other than for a few years have lived in WI my whole life.
Ok I missed the MY Packers comment in your first post haha. While you're prob right about Rodgers being the best QB, I just don't think that defense is championship caliber. The receiving Corps looked pathetic at times last year and yes, Nelson is coming back but how big of a difference will he make in his return from an ACL surgery. With the Cardinals, it practically all hinges on Palmer's health like you said. But if healthy, I'd prob take them over most, if not all, other teams

Did a fiver free bet on Italy via penalties @ 11 and same with Spain @ 10.

Realised right after I should have just stuck them both on go to penalties @ 6.00 for slightly more profit if it gets to penalties but whatever.

Should be an interesting match. Spain retaining possession and trying to break through a well organised Italian side and Italy trying to limit chances and hit on the counter.

Tempted by Italy Double Chance or something on Italy via Asian Handicap. Think it finishes 1-1 or goes to extra time. Shouldn't be a goalfest regardless.

Edit -

Added another free £5 bet - Morata anytime + 1-1 at Full Time @ 23.00

Last edited:
soccer peeps

is Italy +0.25 for the 2H a good bet? seems like they're dominating and could easily be up 2-0

baseball

nationals
yankees
rays
rockies

£120 returns £324 on italy.

fading england now. £50 returns £275 on iceland to qualify lol.

£120 returns £324 on italy.

fading england now. £50 returns £275 on iceland to qualify lol.

Nice hit on Italy. I never got around to checking their odds pre game but I live bet them. Hedged down to a measly $20 but oh well. +351 (according to oddsportal.com) pre game was a great line, I actually thought they'd win/draw but never checked the odds for some reason

Excited to see if Germany can break their curse against Italy. Germany is my favorite national team with Italy probably 2nd. Excited for Saturday !

Might bet on England but I've done so good this tournament do I really want them to fuck it up? ;)

line was way off. i'm starting to think soccer is a bit like the NFL where people overvalue offence and undervalue defence.

Should have known better to back England after this whole Brexit fiasco. Looks like I'm going to lose a significant bet, seriously to Iceland... Christ Iceland's population is so small too which makes this even more absurd. Goddamn is this really happening....

I can't believe that 7 to 1 dog hit. Realllllly wish I put more on that and not just 0.15u lol

Edit: credit to piglord though. Tailed his play

fuck wish i had taken iceland 90 mins now. oh well. i will back them again against france.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back