Law NYC to require Vaccine Passports. UPDATE: Now required for ALL employment, kids 5-11, and 2 doses

Wooo so what?

You know what, I'm going to stop talking to you. I'm pretty sure Darwinism is going to take care of you soon enough.

My position: let people make their own decisions when it comes to their healthcare.

My point is people can take responsibility for their own health.

If I’m worried about catching a cold, I can choose to wear a mask and take a vaccine. But, I would never dream of telling other people to wear a mask and take a vaccine.

That’s their decision.

same old tired shitty arguments from you guys i see. always ducking that there are people who cannot get vaccinated and kids who cannot and pretending that is not a factor in all of this. what a disingenuous way to discuss a topic.

you guys should just say this instead. "i wont get vaccinated or wear a mask and i don't give a fuck about you or your kids health."

lol, wut?

If they are fully vaccinated, then they shouldn’t get sick, right!?!

No. You can still contract it and get sick just like you would with the Flu or any other bug. The vaccine is meant to keep you from ending up in the ER, on a ventilator, or dead.

It’s also meant to ease the burden on Hospital capacity and staff so that they don’t crash and bring about even more deaths.

And let’s say that you’re unvaccinated and catch COVID, fight it, and beat it... you still wouldn’t be out of the woods. People who beat COVID still report many long-term health conditions (which you can look up). The vaccine is also meant to prevent that.

The point is that it’s still worth it, and actually imperative that people get vaccinated.

Ps: I’m no Doctor much less epidemiologist so I’m uncomfortable posting even this much. But I’ve done as much reading and podcast listening on the subject as I can.

Last edited:
As a New Yorker I’m 100% down with this. It’s mainly about pushing the knuckleheads amongst us here to either get vaccinated or lose your job.

You’d be shocked how many people here openly flaunt not getting the shot, and no it’s not just Trumpers. There are ALOT of Black and Brown people here still dragging their feet. The time to attach punitive measures to not getting vaxxed passed a long time ago.
As opposed to the fools who shout front the rooftops about being vaccinated and show off there card whenever that can. People should be allowed to do what they want. People get the shot to protects themselves, they can save the grandstanding and acting like they are a hero. People do not want to get the shot because they are scared about the dangers of it. One side is not better than the other and they both have a right to be afraid and do what is best for them. Trying to force it onto people is absurd.

same old tired shitty arguments from you guys i see. always ducking that there are people who cannot get vaccinated and kids who cannot and pretending that is not a factor in all of this. what a disingenuous way to discuss a topic.

you guys should just say this instead. "i wont get vaccinated or wear a mask and i don't give a fuck about you or your kids health."

You care so much, don’t you?

LOL... "pretty soon Darwinism is going to take care of you" (while ignoring that Covid has 99+ % survival rate).

<Huh2>

This is the same person that says

“You are selfish and don’t care about human lives”

Then goes on to basically say:

“I hope you die”

These people are so empathy, much compassion!

FDA approved vaccines are now "experimental"

According to independent study, FDA approval doesn't mean too much.

For example, the MMR, which has been on the market for decades at the time of this study by Cochrane, was found to have "inadequate safety data" both pre and post marketing (meaning the clinical trials and "real world studies"). Lo and behold, it was decades AFTER licensure they realized MMR causes increase rate of seizure and chronic epilepsy.... whoopsie!

FDA is funded almost 50% by the pharmaceutical industry, and conflicts of interest abound. They have been caught sleeping at the wheel on numerous occasions, and they ARE NOT independent. People who pay attention realize that the FDA is not some omniscient benevolent organization, and they are rightfully cautious.

According to independent study, FDA approval doesn't mean too much.

For example, the MMR, which has been on the market for decades at the time of this study by Cochrane, was found to have "inadequate safety data" both pre and post marketing (meaning the clinical trials and "real world studies"). Lo and behold, it was decades AFTER licensure they realized MMR causes increase rate of seizure and chronic epilepsy.... whoopsie!

FDA is funded almost 50% by the pharmaceutical industry, and conflicts of interest abound. They have been caught sleeping at the wheel on numerous occasions, and they ARE NOT independent. People who pay attention realize that the FDA is not some omniscient benevolent organization, and they are rightfully cautious.

Fair enough but the FDA is a US organization.

The COVID vaccine has been approved for use in dozens of countries.

Health Canada for example approved the vaccines here.

I hear so much from the pro-vaccine crowd on here about how they are “compassionate” and “fair” and “caring”. But, then they make comments like:

“I hope these knuckle-dragging anti-vaccine people die”

I believe in personal choice and personally, I am not taking this vaccine.

However, with that said, I would NEVER EVER say to someone who did get the vaccine: “I hope that you die from side effects of the vaccine”

The so-called side of “compassion” and “caring” ... fucking joke!

Fair enough but the FDA is a US organization.

The COVID vaccine has been approved for use in dozens of countries.

Health Canada for example approved the vaccines here.

I think some countries have strong pharmacovigilance systems (like Japan who stopped requiring the MMR due to safety concerns), but I wouldn't assume as much across the board (or even with Japan, as I'm not intimately familiar).

I can't speak to other countries methods of approving/denying drugs, but do you think other countries have LESS corruption and BETTER systems than the US?

I hear so much from the pro-vaccine crowd on here about how they are “compassionate” and “fair” and “caring”. But, then they make comments like:

“I hope these knuckle-dragging anti-vaccine people die”

I believe in personal choice and personally, I am not taking this vaccine.

However, with that said, I would NEVER EVER say to someone who did get the vaccine: “I hope that you die from side effects of the vaccine”

The so-called side of “compassion” and “caring” ... fucking joke!

maybe just spend less time on the net friend and your perception wont be so warped. i dont know anyone who doesnt actually care.

I think some countries have strong pharmacovigilance systems (like Japan who stopped requiring the MMR due to safety concerns), but I wouldn't assume as much across the board (or even with Japan, as I'm not intimately familiar).

I can't speak to other countries methods of approving/denying drugs, but do you think other countries have LESS corruption and BETTER systems than the US?

Less corruption, probably. The US government is the poster boy for capitalism at its finest. Trumps whole run was pandering to big companies. I'd say the US is probably the most corrupt democratic country in the world.

Better is a tricky question. The FDA has some very talented and accredited medical professionals as part of their organization and they definitely have the budget to do in depth research. Whether or not they are allowed is a different story.

What is stopping us from following the Australi model? That is what is needed. At this rate, covid will never pass

Less corruption, probably. The US government is the poster boy for capitalism at its finest. Trumps whole run was pandering to big companies. I'd say the US is probably the most corrupt democratic country in the world.

Better is a tricky question. The FDA has some very talented and accredited medical professionals as part of their organization and they definitely have the budget to do in depth research. Whether or not they are allowed is a different story.
Can you see how US citizens might be a bit leery about following the recommendations of, as you put it, "The most corrupt democratic country in the world"?

What is stopping us from following the Australi model? That is what is needed. At this rate, covid will never pass

There will never be “zero covid-19” cases.

If that’s your requirement before going back to normal, then you are going to be waiting for 100s of years. I’m not joking.

390 million guns and tens of millions of gun owners.
And that is why it is here to stay. A bunch of Republicans who turned a health issue into a political issue and are more worried about their stupid freedoms than doing what is right

Back