Official Apex Legends Discussion w/ Gamertag List

So does anyone know the mechanics of landing and grabbing an item first? I feel like whenever I land with my team or in the same position as a another team I lose every scramble to the nearest weapon/armor.

So does anyone know the mechanics of landing and grabbing an item first? I feel like whenever I land with my team or in the same position as a another team I lose every scramble to the nearest weapon/armor.

I have two trains of thought on that one!

For example, I have a spot staked out in airbase that I always drop to. I drop there and spam pickup. Sometimes I'll get a weapon and armor, sometimes I'll get a box of shotgun shells and a buttstock.

Or...

Follow an opponent as they land (I'm talking get nut to butt with them) and as soon as they open a crate, SPAM pickup!!! If you manage to grab the gear you'll see them sprint like they have gasoline drawers (underwear) and you're holding a flamethrower.

If it works, GOLD, if not...

:(

But that's Apex! :)

Last edited:
I've had 3 top 5's today in solos. Its a good mode but it's not for me. I miss the teamwork aspect.

I just played my first match and the first person I saw was 1 shot when I died.

It was boring mostly.

Got second place in the second match with 5 kills and 1k damage. I took down two guys and then a third came in before I could even think about healing. Bad times. Still really slow and boring.

Excited to try some solo, I feel like sometimes I do better playing by myself as is

Excited to try some solo, I feel like sometimes I do better playing by myself as is

I've played three matches so far. If you like dropping hot and gunning for kills, it could be fun. I've won one match with 2 kills and 800 damage. Had a second place. And I think my first one was like 10th.

I would have preferred duos to be honest.

I'm not fussed about most of the new cosmetics but the iron crown skins for Lifeline and Gibraltar are totally rad.

As y'all are saying - I'm not convinced by this solo mode yet. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Out of interest, what are your preferred Legends for Solo, and why? I've been using Bloodhound so far, just for the passive tracking.

One side effect of this is it might get the lone wolves out of team mode. Hoping atleast. Busy day so haven't been able to play or even watch much.

I'm not fussed about most of the new cosmetics but the iron crown skins for Lifeline and Gibraltar are totally rad.

As y'all are saying - I'm not convinced by this solo mode yet. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Out of interest, what are your preferred Legends for Solo, and why? I've been using Bloodhound so far, just for the passive tracking.

Pathfinder. The mobility probably makes him the best solo legend. Lifeline with her tiny hit box and fast heal plus heal drone probably comes in second.

But honestly, just being able to yeet the fuck out of any situation with Pathfinder is probably the best bet.

I've played three matches so far. If you like dropping hot and gunning for kills, it could be fun. I've won one match with 2 kills and 800 damage. Had a second place. And I think my first one was like 10th.

I would have preferred duos to be honest.
That's the thing, I don't like hot gunning and I feel like I struggle in the team games because my teammates go into every situation guns blazing and don't know when it's smart to wait or even run. When my team dies or I get separated I tend to do better because I can be smart and patient.

That's the thing, I don't like hot gunning and I feel like I struggle in the team games because my teammates go into every situation guns blazing and don't know when it's smart to wait or even run. When my team dies or I get separated I tend to do better because I can be smart and patient.

My two best games were when my team mates decided to drop to Skulltown when I was jump master.

Had my 2k damage game with Wraith with 14 kills after my team mates both died and left the game within 4 minutes.

My 16 kill game (1900 damage :mad:) happened when one guy disconnected and the other quit as soon as he got dropped at Relay. Still don't know how I got 16 kills solo and won the game and didn't get the Triple Triple badge.

I like Lifeline because of the healing, fits my cautious approach. Second is Bangalore.

My two best games were when my team mates decided to drop to Skulltown when I was jump master.

Had my 2k damage game with Wraith with 14 kills after my team mates both died and left the game within 4 minutes.

My 16 kill game (1900 damage :mad:) happened when one guy disconnected and the other quit as soon as he got dropped at Relay. Still don't know how I got 16 kills solo and won the game and didn't get the Triple Triple badge.
Damn I'm definitely not that good. I average a couple hundred damage and have only cracked 1k a few times. I'm not the guy that's probably ever going to lead the team to victory but I can be a solid contributer on the right team.

Damn I'm definitely not that good. I average a couple hundred damage and have only cracked 1k a few times. I'm not the guy that's probably ever going to lead the team to victory but I can be a solid contributer on the right team.

I'm really not that good, haha. There are just some matches where you just keep running into potatoes.

Man i am averaging 4 or 5 kills with 1200+ damage but it def hurts when i reach 12-15kills yet only have 1800-1900damage lol

edit* have not played solos yet i been going hard for my hockey fix lately(im canadian eh!)

Pathfinder. The mobility probably makes him the best solo legend. Lifeline with her tiny hit box and fast heal plus heal drone probably comes in second.

But honestly, just being able to yeet the fuck out of any situation with Pathfinder is probably the best bet.

This is why I'm going to give Octane a go now. Good mix of mobility and healing.

This is why I'm going to give Octane a go now. Good mix of mobility and healing.

Honestly I think Octane is kind of useless. His healing is too slow to make up for the 20 damage he takes on his ability. He has a medium hitbox, so he isn't big enough to get the buff but not small enough to be hard to hit.

Plus, if you learn how to use Pathfinder's grapple, he's WAY faster than Octane. You can fling yourself at incredible speed.

I'm not yet sure how aggressive one can be playing Solos. Dropping hot is much hotter than before! Trying to find that mode-specific balance of actually playing a FPS but not getting killed within 10 seconds of landing ...

Back