No Spoilers Official Demon's Souls (2020) Discussion

Swamp of Sorrow is the worst level in a Souls game yet. Blighttown is a masterpiece in level design compared to this piece of shit.

Its the only world where Im not even motivated to play. Im pulling a deadshot here, fuck that level in particular.
I must be nuts but the 5 levels were some of my favs in Demons and one of my fav swamps in the souls series.

I must be nuts but the 5 levels were some of my favs in Demons and one of my fav swamps in the souls series.
Some people get off on having their balls stomped on. Whatever floats your boat I say ;)

As for me, I havent even bothered to try it in a few days lol. I cant be asked with that trash level.

Some people get off on having their balls stomped on. Whatever floats your boat I say ;)

As for me, I havent even bothered to try it in a few days lol. I cant be asked with that trash level.
Watch a speed run to see how they quickly navigate the bullshit

Watch a speed run to see how they quickly navigate the bullshit
Thats the thing, I dont watch anything of these games on a first playthrough [unless I already went past the area or beat the boss]. I dont want to break it for that piece of shit swamp. Ill finish it today or tomorrow.

Thats the thing, I dont watch anything of these games on a first playthrough [unless I already went past the area or beat the boss]. I dont want to break it for that piece of shit swamp. Ill finish it today or tomorrow.
I went in blind too and just killed everything. Of course I had 50 strength and the meat cleaver at this point so it was fairly easy. Those big club fuckers still whooped my ass tho.

From the streams I've seen, they actually made the swamp easier in the remake. You can see the entire area and it looks like you can move a little faster in the water.

Visibility in the original is only 15-20 feet in front of you so you're blind the entire way across and the red phantom comes out of nowhere. Worst area in the game and maybe the series for me.

Old King Allant might be the coolest boss in the Souls series. I attempted him once, but he just looks so good with that moveset and the arena. Whopped me in a hit, but I guess thats expected. That run up is gonna be terrible lol.

As for the Swamp, havent attempted that monstrosity yet. I feel like Ill need to finish that world to be on even legs with Allant. Fuck that area.
I only played it emulated, but heard it was the Blighttown of framerates. I got a taste of it as it was the area that crashed my emulator. It happened probably 10 times. There's a cool boss fight/lore though, I won't spoil anything!

I only played it emulated, but heard it was the Blighttown of framerates. I got a taste of it as it was the area that crashed my emulator. It happened probably 10 times. There's a cool boss fight/lore though, I won't spoil anything!
Ill read and watch Vaati videos for the lore after completetion. But the game runs at a smooth 6O. You'll love it on the PS5.

They really made the shitty swamp boring and hard for no reason, and then gave us the easiest bosses in the game. What a shitshow of a world. Only Allant left. I feel like Ive explored a majority of the area but missing a ton of quests and people.
The only one I havent explored fully is Swamp, and Im never ever gonna explore that piece of shit.

I really am enamoured in this game, easy bosses and all. Allant was a cakewalk, only bosses that gave me issue were the Maneaters and Armoured Knight. Ill definitely replay this again soonish but onto C2077.

Id say this is in my top 3 souls games though [the remake atleast]. It has some of the worst levels and easiest bosses in the series, but oh lord is it gorgeous and well designed [for the most part]. Fantastic gameplay aswell, but Im enamoured by the world and the lore and the characters in the game. I might go on a platinum run for this one aswell. I never felt the need for any other 'souls' game other than Bloodborne.

9/10

I really am enamoured in this game, easy bosses and all. Allant was a cakewalk, only bosses that gave me issue were the Maneaters and Armoured Knight. Ill definitely replay this again soonish but onto C2077.

Id say this is in my top 3 souls games though [the remake atleast]. It has some of the worst levels and easiest bosses in the series, but oh lord is it gorgeous and well designed [for the most part]. Fantastic gameplay aswell, but Im enamoured by the world and the lore and the characters in the game. I might go on a platinum run for this one aswell. I never felt the need for any other 'souls' game other than Bloodborne.

9/10
Got the game. Like it a bunch. But the design of the souls game has evolved, a lot of times I feel that you are stacked against many enemies at the same time at difficult to manouver places. I don't remember that feeling in 2009. And I remember those chokes, but not a lot per game

Got the game. Like it a bunch. But the design of the souls game has evolved, a lot of times I feel that you are stacked against many enemies at the same time at difficult to manouver places. I don't remember that feeling in 2009. And I remember those chokes, but not a lot per game
I pretty much remember it the first portion of DeS that I played in the original, and its 1:1 imo. You'll get into a groove. I usually always go into a souls game expecting to be swamped but the bosses here are so easy [for the most part], I feel kind of bad dying to them at first lol.

Man

I think i'm one layer away from pure white character tendancy. I want to get the ally's ring.

I killed all 5 Black Phantoms that appear when the world is pure black.

I don't know what else to do to get my character tendancy up. I'm in body form trying to get invaded but no one is invading me.

Maybe i'm too high level?
I'm 83 in NG.

Ideas?

Man

I think i'm one layer away from pure white character tendancy. I want to get the ally's ring.

I killed all 5 Black Phantoms that appear when the world is pure black.

I don't know what else to do to get my character tendancy up. I'm in body form trying to get invaded but no one is invading me.

Maybe i'm too high level?
I'm 83 in NG.

Ideas?
You can also shift your character towards white by doing coop as a blue phantom in another world and killing an invading black phantom.

You can also shift your character towards white by doing coop as a blue phantom in another world and killing an invading black phantom.

Yeah i can't get summoned...i tried like 1hr today.

I think i'm too leveled for NG

I waited 1hour un 5-2

Ill try 1-4
You're high for 5-2 but not necessarily 1-4. It's always been a popular spot for pvp as well so you shouldn't have trouble getting summoned.

I had the same problem recently on the original. I decided to do all the quest lines and extra content but didn't plan it out properly and killed an NPC early that I shouldn't have, causing my character to shift towards black. Then I killed all five red phantoms but couldn't get the friend's ring and couldn't figure out why until I remembered the NPC...

The tendancies is an interesting concept but its tedious

Ive killed myself like 30 times to get worlds to Pure Black

Its a great mechanic, i wonder why it was ditched for all subsequent games

The tendancies is an interesting concept but its tedious

Ive killed myself like 30 times to get worlds to Pure Black

Its a great mechanic, i wonder why it was ditched for all subsequent games
Probably because it was confusing and tedious lol.

Back